Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So they aren't going to revamp the animations or character models?

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402
One serious thing that broke my immersion in Darkfall was the god-awful character design and animations. The characters looked like Everquest 1 models  with worse animations. Is there any update to this? 

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by WizGamer
    One serious thing that broke my immersion in Darkfall was the god-awful character design and animations. The characters looked like Everquest 1 models  with worse animations. Is there any update to this? 

umm yea there is ...

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Raxeon

umm yea there is ...

maybe there is. Nobody knows for sure. Everyone just hopes.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    At this point and time this is the only tihng I am pretty concerned about. It is a big deal and regardless what people think it ruins the hell out of immersion which ruins the game for a lot... including me.
    Originally posted by ZigZags

umm yea there is ...

maybe there is. Nobody knows for sure. Everyone just hopes.

if you cqnt see the improves meants in the vids there you must be blind it also cant be so good that it kills pcs when in mass battles

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

i don't know but did you checked the latets videos, you could see the characters so decidie for yourself.

For me it is enough and gameplay>graphic

However they constantly improved animations in DF1.0

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

The character models and animations improved a lot for UW. Well besides Mahirim faces, we're calling them "cat people" now, as they no longer look like wolves.

But for most players, gameplay > graphics. UW's graphics look good, especially when you keep in mind this game needs to perform well in large scale siege and naval action.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    The animations are just something you have to get over in this game. They are just plain bad by todays standards, games that came out in 1999 have better animations. 
  • SerignuadSerignuad Member UncommonPosts: 98

I seem to have an opposite view of most gaming companies.

In my opinion, diversity along with great music, sound effects and great animation brings far more bang for the buck than great graphics.

Id much rather have diverse, smooth animations than great graphics.

But I still really enjoyed Darkfalls world and look forward to exploring the Reboot.

We need to start thinking of MMO's as we do music or literature or the movies. There is not one MMO or one game that will be universally satisfactory to everyone's taste. MMO's don't come in one genre just as books or music doesn't come in one genre. Change and innovation is a good thing in the MMO industry just as it is in literature and music, but every MMO doesn't need to push the envelope or be cutting edge to be "good" or fun. It just needs to be good. The same is true for music. The same is true for books or for movies. Music evolves. MMO's evolve. Storytelling evolves. And in doing so, it doesn't make obsolete or not enjoyable everything that's been done before. 
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by Serignuad

In my opinion, diversity along with great music, sound effects and great animation brings far more bang for the buck than great graphics.

But I still really enjoyed Darkfalls world and look forward to exploring the Reboot.

I'd rather have engaging gameplay, mechanics, and systems that are fun and innovative over animations.

But hey, the pandas in World of Warcraft look great.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Originally posted by indef

I seem to have an opposite view of most gaming companies. In my opinion, diversity along with great music, sound effects and great animation brings far more bang for the buck than great graphics. Id much rather have diverse, smooth animations than great graphics.

I'd rather have engaging gameplay, mechanics, and systems that are fun and innovative over animations.

No doubt lol. Anyone who says graphics are what matter in a game are dillusional.
  • sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by gravesworn

No doubt lol. Anyone who says graphics are what matter in a game are dillusional.

Anyone that thinks any game can have 1996 graphics etc must live in cloud cuckoo land. Maybe 10-12 years ago that saying was true but not now.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by sibs4455
    Originally posted by gravesworn

Anyone that thinks any game can have 1996 graphics etc must live in cloud cuckoo land. Maybe 10-12 years ago that saying was true but not now.

No difference whatsoever.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    I'm all up for gameplay and mechanics but Animations in a way are gameplay. When people swing and it looks really really bad thats not really a good thing. It makes it feel so outdated by not just a few years but like 10 years.

SNIP

Originally posted by kanechart
    I'm all up for gameplay and mechanics but Animations in a way are gameplay. When people swing and it looks really really bad thats not really a good thing. It makes it feel so outdated by not just a few years but like 10 years.

umm you do know most fantasy game swing those big weapons unrealisticly right

umm you do know most fantasy game swing those big weapons unrealisticly right

There is a diffrence between realism and really fucked up looking animations lol. Don't forget this is a fantasy game..... Mortal Online is there for realism ugh and worst motion sickness ever lol.

SNIP

Originally posted by Dzikuni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQwfKzV4-E

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i-jN-XNeTQE

Yes, it looks better now.

It looks better, but am I the only person concerned about the stiffness? Characters doing these kind of moves should not only move their upper body.

Said no sane person ever.... nothing agianst Panadas because the Popori in Tera look amazing. Blizzard is just a company making millions a year off a dead game with fans clinging to it because they are scared to lose it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i-jN-XNeTQE#t=116s

That looks just strange. I really hate that adnimation hehe. I wish that was cleaned up a bit.

SNIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i-jN-XNeTQE#t=116s

That looks just strange. I really hate that adnimation hehe. I wish that was cleaned up a bit.

The only issue I have is their lower body. They are completely stiff when they swing or do an attack and that makes it look kind of awkward.

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402
    I think it's really inexcusable to have such poor animations when this game has been in development for 12 years. Either they have terrible artists or poor attention to detail. Low-poly character models I can understand: they simply need to make sure the game will run on various computers. But those stiff animations that haven't changed at all/insignificantly...really?
    I think it's really inexcusable to have such poor animations when this game has been in development for 12 years. Either they have terrible artists or poor attention to detail. Low-poly character models I can understand: they simply need to make sure the game will run on various computers. But those stiff animations that haven't changed at all/insignificantly...really?

they are a lil stiff but the more animations the harder it is on pcs so they coudl ahve ran into issues making the whole body move

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I don't have a problem with the animations or models at all, what sandbox game has better graphics than the first Darkfall?  Only Darkfall 2.  You could say EVE, but that's all space...so it runs easy on the cpus.  Darkfall has 100+ vs 100+ man fights, you aren't going to have tera graphics.  Still, they aren't bad graphics.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• FlarglegumpFlarglegump Member Posts: 8
    Don't you dare insult Everquest models!
    Yeah I understand getting 100 fps on Planetside 2 with 500 players running around :P I don't think making it into an excuse of performance is excuseable. Even more since old games like EQ had a way to change distance and such of animation calculations.

SNIP