Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to finish some stories

I have left quite some class stories unfinished and migh return from time to time just to play them...

But what was changed to the game since release?

What things come for free, for a returning player. what things that used to be free are payed now... And what stuff still is only available to subbed players.

Since i only plan to play occasional for the stories since gw2 is still my main game for everything else, i dont want to sub, but i dont mind to spend some occasional money to get acces to certain content.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I thought I would return to finish some stories too, but that's not working out the way I thought it would. What I've found is that while I'm interested in the stories, I'm not interested in the combat and the combat is a very large percentage of the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I reactivated my sub after focusing more on GW2 the last few months. The only thing that changed in my eyes was that there were more people on each planet because they merged the servers..which did help a little.I also found I was more interested in the story because the story in GW2 is for 12 year olds, but the core issue I left for in the first place still exists...that the world feels too static whether it is NPCs standing around, no day night cycle, no social hubs on the planets, etc. I see myself moving to a Preferred Status since now there are 4 action bars, finishing my story, and flipping back to GW2 since I like that world so much more being that it feels less static and the artistry/graphics are better (more detailed) and there is more of a feel of exploration.

I have a friend that has never played MMOs before who wanted to try and I was thinking this  might be a good game to start with instead of WOW because I can't convince myself to even want to see WOW again even to teach another.

There Is Always Hope!

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

You will get shoked how clancky and unresponsive combat animations feel after playing GW2. I`m finishing some class stories and it took me some time to adjust to SWTOR after GW2.

Some new flashpoints and raid are out but F2P players got no access to raids, and limited number of FP.  With lots of F2P around easy to find group for Heroics. But its still SWTOR the way it was at the launch.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I thought I would return to finish some stories too, but that's not working out the way I thought it would. What I've found is that while I'm interested in the stories, I'm not interested in the combat and the combat is a very large percentage of the game.

Actually i was surprised how fast i got accustomed to the combat again... its slow paced, but then when i am at home after a hards day of work, sometimes slow combat is a little more relaxing then GW2´s high speed D/D ele combat.

The only thing that really bothers me is that the world and towns just feels so totally lifeless compared to GW2.

All my characters where still there, some names needed to be changed due tough server merges, and there are actually a lot of people playing. Its easy to find groups for heroics in the lower level zones so far.  Yesterday my experience was way better then i expected it to be.  I really really miss the stories at max level GW2.  I just love story based missions and thats what SWTOR is actually good at.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)