Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 full of hacking. SOE takes down leaderboards to cover it up!

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

So I love this game and want to see it cleaned up but SOE is living in denial right now, I know people (friends) who use the aimbot hack and have used it since launch. They're still playing the game unmolested by SOE, they get so many certs there's no point in buying premium!

I'd love SOE to give us all a Christmas present and ban the hacks, including my friends who I don't play PS2 with because the game is just boring when hackers are using ESP to scout the enemy. The only good part was that he could see others using ESP to track him through walls and hills, I've been told by aimboters that they estimate there's about 75% of the players using the aimbot.

[mod edit]

I'm still playing but alot less than before since playing against cheaters ain't much fun,

Agricola

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I think there is some truth to this. You pop out of cover for 3 seconds as an infiltrator with dozens of people around you and are are hit from across the map multiple times and die before ever seeing the shooter some shady shit is happening. May not but 75% but there are definitely lots of cheaters running around., Why i have slacked off playing.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I will use the argument people use on GW2 - *sarcasm on *  it is a F2P (WELL GW2 is B2P with no sub - but you get the idea) why would they fix things, they are making no money? If it had a sub it would be fixed right away! *sarcasm off*

Sorry - it is sad when this happens. Hoping they will fix it.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/25/soe-planetside-2-aimbot/

Was watching this video and had almost all of these situations happen to me. I know I'm not great but damn there's no skill to this.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by botrytis

I will use the argument people use on GW2 - *sarcasm on *  it is a F2P (WELL GW2 is B2P with no sub - but you get the idea) why would they fix things, they are making no money? If it had a sub it would be fixed right away! *sarcasm off*

Sorry - it is sad when this happens. Hoping they will fix it.

There is a subscription to this game, and people are buying tons of station cash. There's got to be enough money coming in to get rid of these low lifes.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/25/soe-planetside-2-aimbot/

Was watching this video and had almost all of these situations happen to me. I know I'm not great but damn there's no skill to this.

Agreed, I'm no great player, in fact I'm pretty much average at PS2. However I put alot of effort into taking a Tech plant or trying to turn the tide in an epic battle, for that to be just removed by a bunch of cheaters and made worthless just discourages me from loggin in to the game.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    I hear you and totally agree, the sooner SOE does something about these hackers the better, one of my friends has already sworn off of PS2 because of these loser cheats and I don't blame him not when speed hackers are blatantly blinking in and out everywhere, it's no fun when these selfish wankers spoil it for the rest of us, honestly what excuse do they think they have to justify using these hacks, it's just beyond me why they can't just play a game fairly.
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

The situation has gotten worse of late as well. Early on I only encountered a hacker once in a great while. But it's just so easy to hack, and goes completely unpunished that now I'm seeing hackers all the time. Speed hackers running around, aimbotters that suddenly pop up with 10 kills in the course of two seconds. Or the worst one is that hack that folks use that makes them flicker as they move, so they are impossible to kill while they mow down everyone around your AMS.

I've barely played the game in the last few days because every time I do I find a chunk of what ever continent I'm on turned to another faction by hackers. It's as bad as GW2 WvW orb hoppers, who would grab your orb of power and literally FLY to their own keep, but at least Anet took the time to put in tracking software and banned every last hacker, bot and gold seller in the game.

People wonder why I stay away from all-PvP games and this is one reason. It seems that people want to show how good they are and they won't get caught - they will use hacks. I can see this game will be full of only cheaters soon unless something is done. That is really sad for the pople who like the game and just want to play to have fun.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/04/soe-john-smedley-cheaters/

Christ, you lot make it seem like SOE is doing jack shit and making it all a conspiracy.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by botrytis
    I will use the argument people use on GW2 - *sarcasm on *  it is a F2P (WELL GW2 is B2P with no sub - but you get the idea) why would they fix things, they are making no money? If it had a sub it would be fixed right away! *sarcasm off* Sorry - it is sad when this happens. Hoping they will fix it.

It's not an 'if', it's a 'when' they fix it. They have to fix it. The game won't really work if they don't. It may take awhile though because what they really want to do is collect enough information to plug the holes, and at the same time lock out as many cheaters as they can all at once.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    taking down leaderboards is already more than what Anet did in GW2 WvW leaderboards. There are still servers in GW2 that have whole guilds that were using teleport hacks and invisi hacks to get on top and up their rating. Then when the servers exploited and won, people were transferring over to those servers faster than i could blink.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Sciva

Christ, you lot make it seem like SOE is doing jack shit and making it all a conspiracy.

While I certainly dont think it is a conspiracy, I do feel that Mr. Smedley failed to mention any real efforts being taken to stop the hacking.  Sure having him warn that hackers will be caught is a nice marketing ploy and makes it seem as they are devoting resources to the problem but other than one blantantly obvious idiot being caught, I dont see any real progress being made on this issue.  I would like to see a ban list each week or month lke APB does to call out these no-skill having babies who suck at games so bad they have to buy an aimbot.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

Not being that good in FPS i am not sure i ever encountered an hacker, i had my doubts a couple of times yesterday but... i can say i can still kill people as a combat medic, even if most of the time i just heal and revive people and trying to cover others, or trying to clean an area before reviving.

Sometime you think the other is hacking, but is happened to me to meet people of higher ranks, heavies with a lot of certifcate in nanowave armour that were hard to kill, but not cause an hack, in that case you unload a lot of firepower unto them and they don't go down might seem they are using some hack or cheat.

So is  possible that at least half the cases are not hackers. I and another guy kept a room during a siege for at least ten minutes, we killed i think at least twenty enemies between me and him, most people just barrelled into the room and into a crossfire , as i said i am not very skilled, the other guy was quite good instead, between healing him and doing some damage some people migth have tought we were using hacks holding so long in a difficult situation.

I am not saying it does not happen, just saying honestly when i died i could nearly always account for an error on my side.. and i died something like 297 times *sighs*

If an average player like me can score kills and survive the hacking problem must be less wide spread then 75% that's all i am saying.

Sure i hope SOE gather data fast enough to solve this problem soon.

Edit :spelling 

Originally posted by Nevulus
    taking down leaderboards is already more than what Anet did in GW2 WvW leaderboards. There are still servers in GW2 that have whole guilds that were using teleport hacks and invisi hacks to get on top and up their rating. Then when the servers exploited and won, people were transferring over to those servers faster than i could blink.

They have already done so and the recent patches have taken care of much of this problem. The server transfer is up to 7 days between and that has done alot to prevent server jumping.

It would be nice for people, who are really enjoying PS2, to see this issue taken care of quickly. If they lose the people who really want to play, they might lose all of the money coming into the game.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Every now and then you'll hear a gamer asking "why do we need to ban exploiters"?--Instinctively siding with the gamer because the company is an authority figure.

It's good to have a little review from time to time.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

If they are trying to cover it up....

Why would smedly say this in an interview http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/smedley-teases-new-planetside-2-weapons-slams-aimbotters/

SOE president John Smedley lit his Twitter account on fire last night with some pointed comments directed at PlanetSide 2 aimbotters. "Haruhi at artificialaiming.com was just banned. All three of his accounts. Goodbye you scumbag. Find a new hobby or get good at the game," Smedley wrote.

"As they develop hacks we will break the hacks. We have time and great people. Trust that this is a top priority. Hackers will not win," he continued. Smedley also revealed that new weapons are coming to the sci-fi MMOFPS in short order, including anti-vehicle and anti-air variants.

Yeh they are really trying to cover this up not talking about it at all.... Maybe they took the boards down because they arent accurate as to who is actually good and those who are using aimbots.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Talonsin

While I certainly dont think it is a conspiracy, I do feel that Mr. Smedley failed to mention any real efforts being taken to stop the hacking.  Sure having him warn that hackers will be caught is a nice marketing ploy and makes it seem as they are devoting resources to the problem but other than one blantantly obvious idiot being caught, I dont see any real progress being made on this issue.  I would like to see a ban list each week or month lke APB does to call out these no-skill having babies who suck at games so bad they have to buy an aimbot.

I'm sorry, are you really that much of an idiot? IT'S CLEARLY SAID THAT THEY ARE MAKING AN EFFORT AND HAVE METHODS OF FINDING THESE CHEATERS.

Worth getting a warning, but hey.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Talonsin

I'm sorry, are you really that much of an idiot? IT'S CLEARLY SAID THAT THEY ARE MAKING AN EFFORT AND HAVE METHODS OF FINDING THESE CHEATERS.

Worth getting a warning, but hey.

And you actually believe anything that jackhole has to say?  You do realize you're quoting John Smedley, $oE headcheese himself, right?  LOL.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Pretty much expected from any PC fps game. I'm sure they will try and fix it but aimbots have plagued fps for years. I'll never understand how someone enjoys just holding down the trigger and having a program do the rest for you. But I guess in a game like planet side there is more incentive to having an aimbot as it takes a while to build certs. 

I'm sure they'll do something about it but hacks in fps games are just part of the genre unfortunately. 

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Wicoa

If they are trying to cover it up....

Why would smedly say this in an interview http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/smedley-teases-new-planetside-2-weapons-slams-aimbotters/

SOE president John Smedley lit his Twitter account on fire last night with some pointed comments directed at PlanetSide 2 aimbotters. "Haruhi at artificialaiming.com was just banned. All three of his accounts. Goodbye you scumbag. Find a new hobby or get good at the game," Smedley wrote.

"As they develop hacks we will break the hacks. We have time and great people. Trust that this is a top priority. Hackers will not win," he continued. Smedley also revealed that new weapons are coming to the sci-fi MMOFPS in short order, including anti-vehicle and anti-air variants.

Yeh they are really trying to cover this up not talking about it at all.... Maybe they took the boards down because they arent accurate as to who is actually good and those who are using aimbots.

I really dont have a dog in this hunt, but cant they just make a new account and continue to play / cheat?

I like they made it FTP with no box price for admission. Seems like that will also make it easy for banned accounts just to create a new one and continue on.

Even a small fee for account creation may have helped with that. But I could be wrong as I dont know alot about hacking in these types of games. I have never been very good at them, but never resorted to hacking or cheating and dont know how difficult it may be for them.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Like another poster said already, this game is the perfect game for hackers.

F2P? - Check.

FPS? - Check.

A monetary benefit for hacking as in you don't need to sub when your racking up the kills? - Check.

A huge map where 100's if not 1000's play at the same time making it easier to hide in the crowd or move around to conceal hacks? - Check.

And now - No leaderboard to find people with 80+ - 1 K/D ratios. - Check.

Noone is surprised this game is full of hackers, but hey, it's free right?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Breaking news

A shooter have aimbots... More at 11.

Are we not making a hen out of a feather... Or did a anti-aimbot tool got released and i just missed it.

This have been a good conversation

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    They will get board with the cheating sooner or later.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Welcome to the Free to play worlds... Ban one account they can just start 2 more... Another reason I loath F2P... AT least before it would cost hackers something if they got caught and banned.

I have said it before and i will say it again. F2P is the worst thing that has happened to MMOs... and it has brought about low life scumbags in numbers like we have not seen prior.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Since early beta up until yesterday i've only seen 1, but last night I saw at least 5 in the same frigging battle.

The warping is usually Asians playing on the west/east coast servers, I started on Connery which has LOTS of lag so I moved to Matherson which is a far better server, so on the PS2 forums people complain about the Chinese playing on Connery causing all the lag and last time I played on Connery I was trying to shoot an aircraft with dual burster MAX and was unable to because it was warping back and forth.