Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Info about this

For some reason i never got round to WAR. I do fancy trying it.

I like to do dungeons but also pvp with vertical progression not horizontal. Ive had enoug of GW2 to be honest.

Is the pve ok in this game to. i like to mix it up a bit?

population EU side?

thanks in advance

Comments

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

The PVE is there but you won't find many people to group up with. Warhammer has become a PvP/RvR game where none cares about the PVE anymore.

PvP/RvR is vertical progression and it has the holy trinity. The RvR is also tier based in 4 tiers so it's not like in GW2 where all levels are together in W v W.

A more or less common way to start and play Warhammer online.

Log on and get some levels through PVE (3-7 or level 9-10) and arrive at the warcamp in Nordland. From there on it's RvR mixed with scenarios (sPvP 12 vs 12) till the end.

Every tier has 1 dungeon.

T1 dungeon is still done sometimes

T2-T3 Mount Gunbad and Lost Vale nearly never done

T4 Bastion Stairs still done once in a while

LoTD constantly done for some goodies

PVE

Some of us still hunt the Tome Unlocks and do some questing once in a while. But we start to do most of it once lvl 40 just for fun.

As I said warhammer is PvP/RvR. If you want to log in, waaaaaaaaagh and try to kick the hell out of the opposing realm than it's going to be your game. If you're more PVE minded with some PvP/RvR you're going to be disappointed.

Hope this helps you out to make your choice.

Nid

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    I thought that Warhammer Online were allmost dead?
  • NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

Why do people always think warhammer being almost dead?

It's a smaller community but a very PvP/RvR dedicated one. And since a month or so more and more are coming back as GW2 isn't as fun PvP/RvR wise for them. Two servers left, but this doesn't mean the game is dead. We're still beating the crap out of each other and pushing to City 24/24 7/7.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Nidwin

Why do people always think warhammer being almost dead?

It's a smaller community but a very PvP/RvR dedicated one. And since a month or so more and more are coming back as GW2 isn't as fun PvP/RvR wise for them. Two servers left, but this doesn't mean the game is dead. We're still beating the crap out of each other and pushing to City 24/24 7/7.

Because when I was playing for a few years ago I had major problems get into RvR. Eveyrone had their private parties and so on. T2, 3, 4 was pretty much dead.

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61

I was one ofthose people that bought WAR the day of release and still go and play it from time to time. The games is dead for the most part. RvR is a blast though !!

You will find most of the population in T1 and then dead all the way to T4. Once you hit T4 the game doesnt feel quite as dead but the small community prides themselves in the RvR.

So in otherwords if you planned on PVE dont bother! If you can take it as it is and enjoy the RvR It can be really fun!

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    WAR was a lot of fun. I just might come back to it myself. Yeah, they botched a good portion of it, but there was definitely something fun about it. SO much potential, I wush they could continue to develop it.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Member UncommonPosts: 343

This game is anything but dead at least on the EU server. T4 is very active. I wouldn't recommend the game for PvE. PvP is what warhammer is all about, which is a good thing btw.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Its a shame, because WAR should have been great PvE.

The Tome of Knowledge is by leaps and bounds of enormous magnitudes better than any achievement system in any MMORPG, and there is so much lore and character to this game.  The PQs were a blast (better than the average rift or GW2 event IMO).  And the dungeon design wasnt bad either.

But people flocked to the game for DAOC2 and the PvE side suffered and fell out of favor.  If they had been able to continue developing PvE it might be the best themepark on the market.  but they didnt, and its not.

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    Just resubbed last night on the 14 day promo. All patched and ready to roll. Now i just need to get back up to speed on how to play my toons and noticed a few things got reset so i need to find the trainer.

Current Games: