Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Vanilla, how long did it take you to reach max level?

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    16 days played for my first character, a Ret Pally that I mostly leveled to 60 by grouping with my son who was a fire mage. That compares with my 6th and final character, a Warrior which I soloed to 85 (?) in about 6 days played right after Cataclysms launch.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

40 days of played time as a druid,which was then one of the lowest dps classes.It was lot of fun because the world was new ,most players were nice and able to have a conversation unlike today when no one ever talks even in parties (not only in wow but also in fresh launched mmorpgs) and there was plenty of world pvp even on a pve server,horde was attacking auberdine and astranaar then they moved to southshore.I didn't bother with raids ,just did the mc quests a few times - fist time for fun to solo it then to help a few friends (rogues and druids).Even instances were more fun then ,you could have lot of fun going on stealth runs solo or with other druids and rogues and there was plenty to explore in them not like today dungeons which are both short and boring.
    The way the game was then let players much more freedom what to do ,not only when leveling but also while going into an instance .You had to talk with other players and doing that you meet lot of people,mages were needed for food/water and portals,rogues to open boxes,warlocks to summon you to a dungeon.In the new games food or water is not needed anymore and you open chests with keys bought from the cash shop.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I'm not playing very hard but I got a Druid to level 25 and a Warlock to level 16. Been playing about four weeks.  I'm also doing a lot of harvesting, and Dungeons are much harder in Vanilla . I've been in several groups around level 25 and were having a hard time with Shadowfang Keep.  People are trying to rush it like retail, and you just can't play Vanilla that way.
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Mine was about 7 days /played.

I came to WoW after playing SWG, The Matrix Online, Dark Age of Camelot and a little bit of Lineage. After those I thought that the levelling in WoW was easy peasy, it was mostly quests, there was very little grinding compared to other games and there were also a decent amount of dungeons to do too.

I always laugh when people talk about how "hard" levelling to 60 was, the hardest bit for me was running out of quests at 58 and having to grind the last 2 levels after having simple quests fill up the rest of the process.

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    5 days of straight staying up all night

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Took me about 20 days /played to reach 60 the first time. During that time i had no real concept of "rusing o max level" or "i must raid asap" or "min-maxing performance and gear for optimal gain". I didn't care if i didn't level up for a whole weekend, it wasn't important. Only the journey and the current moment was. I was probably wearing Intellect and Spirit on my Rogue.

Glorious times. It's hard to go back.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    It took me 2-3 months to go from 1-60 on my druid. WoW was so much fun back then. I can honestly say that I miss those days.
  • VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

I was up to 12 days /played at lvl 42 on my frost mage when I stopped playing for the first time, right around when battlegrounds came out.  It was some of the best fun I'd ever had, but got boring once my friends all were off raiding and didn't have time to hang out and have fun.

Obviously, levelling as a frost mage was not the most efficient method, and a mage for the first character was difficult, and it sucks that I never got to 60 until I started playing again a few months before TBC.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    old skool WoW was around 3 months average player.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by timtrack

Took me about 20 days /played to reach 60 the first time. During that time i had no real concept of "rusing o max level" or "i must raid asap" or "min-maxing performance and gear for optimal gain". I didn't care if i didn't level up for a whole weekend, it wasn't important. Only the journey and the current moment was. I was probably wearing Intellect and Spirit on my Rogue.

Glorious times. It's hard to go back.

Totally agree.

Took me 19 days played on my warrior.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Zorgo

Just gathering some info to test a hypothosis of mine.

How long did it take you to level your first toon in Vanilla?

and as a follow-up;

How long after that did it take to prepare before being raid ready? (i.e. how long did it take you to gear up; complete necessary quests, etc.)

First is always most dificult as one is learning the game. My first alt was warrior. I listened at that time silly argument that one player can level max 2 alts at same time, impossible more. Total BS. Will have in weeks again 11 top level alts and probably will go later to work at least on some of my horde alts. As altholic I find a lot of you in pve and leveling, comparing what every class can do with same quests.

As for my first alt warrior, leveled him up to 40. At that time could not even remotely reach gold necessary for mount. So started warlock as I have read he have "free" mount. Then started with next alt, ... next ... next.... :-)

Nowadays leveling is absolutely to fast in basic game and first expansions. Guess purposely to attract players to buy faster all expansions and then start to play end game.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

You're really stretching my memory but I believe that it took me (and most of my friends) somewhere in the low teens of days /played, i.e. maybe 13-14 days /played.

As for raid readiness, that was a non-issue. The barrier to raid readiness was accumulating enough guild members to assemble a 40-man raid, not waiting for those guild members to be individually "ready".

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Maybe a month and a half. If I was focused on getting to 60, it may have been faster

It wasn't hard to level. Remember all the Warlocks roaming around on their mounts during beta weekends?

• battleaxe22battleaxe22 Member UncommonPosts: 303
    16 days /played.Grinded the last few levels o.o   
  • crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Depended on class but around 10-13 days /played.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    2 months. Oddly its taken me 2 months to hit the cap in SWTOR, Rift and GW2 despite people talking about how easy it is to level in those games.
  • shane242shane242 Member UncommonPosts: 95

I started playing on December 12th 06, my first level 60 was July 19th 06.

I played a few different chars up until that point but that was my first level 60. Was hardore the whole time. Spent so much time just exploring, PVPing, farming for mounts. It took for ever and I enjoyed every day of it.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

I loved rolling with progression reroll guilds on new servers and race to 60. It usually took me about 6 days played. Give or take a day played. It seemed like a hell of a long time lol. Now im level 50 with a new toon and im 15 hours played lol.