Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the Proof that Bioware is listening the players

123457»

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Story mode I agree. Hard mode can be tough, but if you have good players who know what they doing sure. But that is normal with every MMO.  No way you can do it with Pug (not geared pug).

I talk only of HMs and NiMs since story modes have absolutely no purple requirement.

And, gosh, as i said 4 PLAYERS THAT DONT SUCK.

PUG can also have 4 players that dont suck. Rarely but it happens.

I've been very lucky with HM's so far as my guild helps me through and they are well geared. I've healed each one with no deaths (other than a BH blowing himself up with too much aggro in about 2 seconds) and I am an operative med/conceal hybrid and not spec'd full med!

What I do like though is the expanding choices for getting gear (not so much pvp but pve for sure). Crafted items is pretty much a must to excelerate gearing up. You can earn millions of creds a week through dailes and even a fresh 50 can buy a 27 rated gear piece from the AH which is far better than columi you get from HM's. A 100-200k is earned easily with some fast daily runs so 25 rated purples can even be picked up every couple days if on market.

I've also seen rare orange slot gear selling well and all are an option to buy and augment slot to gear yourself or even companions up. Want set bonuses? Buys some Black Hole armor bits with comms and throw in any set. Takes about a week to gain enough for 1 or 2 pieces depending on how hardcore you do. Still learning all the new stuff but of course the community waits on Bioware still for far more promises not kept than kept.

You stay sassy!

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I've been very lucky with HM's so far as my guild helps me through and they are well geared. I've healed each one with no deaths (other than a BH blowing himself up with too much aggro in about 2 seconds) and I am an operative med/conceal hybrid and not spec'd full med!

What I do like though is the expanding choices for getting gear (not so much pvp but pve for sure). Crafted items is pretty much a must to excelerate gearing up. You can earn millions of creds a week through dailes and even a fresh 50 can buy a 27 rated gear piece from the AH which is far better than columi you get from HM's. A 100-200k is earned easily with some fast daily runs so 25 rated purples can even be picked up every couple days if on market.

I've also seen rare orange slot gear selling well and all are an option to buy and augment slot to gear yourself or even companions up. Want set bonuses? Buys some Black Hole armor bits with comms and throw in any set. Takes about a week to gain enough for 1 or 2 pieces depending on how hardcore you do. Still learning all the new stuff but of course the community waits on Bioware still for far more promises not kept than kept.

Or you can just run 1 week of FP/SM EV/KP OPs dailies/weeklies and skip weeks of farming credits and end up with same/better stuff.

And NO, you cant earn millions of credits/week from dailies (unless you have few alts, but since it takes 3-4 hours to run them all, well), it would take 1 week of dailies to buy 1 mod, and you need 25 for full set. So, by all means, do it your way.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Story mode I agree. Hard mode can be tough, but if you have good players who know what they doing sure. But that is normal with every MMO.  No way you can do it with Pug (not geared pug).

I talk only of HMs and NiMs since story modes have absolutely no purple requirement.

And, gosh, as i said 4 PLAYERS THAT DONT SUCK.

PUG can also have 4 players that dont suck. Rarely but it happens.

Originally posted by Draron

This is what I was saying.

No, you were saying something else and then edited it, but NM.

What about augmentation kits MK-6. Everybody needs them at end game and you can't get it in any other way than crafting. LOL just noticed I repeated what Draron said /grin.

The best looking double lightsaber in game - Truthseeker - see my sig, is also craftable, though you can get a bit better (pulsing gem in the middle) from cartel box /grin

Gasp, no nobody NEEDS them.

You DONT need augments for ANYTHING. Those are NOT required.

LOL maybe not required, but everybody wants them /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

"Want" and "Need" are 2 completely different things.

Personally, i dont see a point in augmenting your gear, but then, i also dont see a point of gear treadmill in general (except to make you feel very hamster like and i dont really have a need to feel that way).

"Want" and "Need" are 2 completely different things.

Personally, i dont see a point in augmenting your gear, but then, i also dont see a point of gear treadmill in general (except to make you feel very hamster like and i dont really have a need to feel that way).

And personally I love augments... isn't it great we are all so different:) makes life so exciting :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

And personally I love augments... isn't it great we are all so different:) makes life so exciting :)

Many people like augments.

But i dont see how its related to crafting being useless (except BioChem ofcourse, but instead making other crafts useful they decided to bring BioChem near uselesness).

But i dont see how its related to crafting being useless (except BioChem ofcourse, but instead making other crafts useful they decided to bring BioChem near uselesness).

It's related because of crafting augmentation kits (and augments) :) Cheers:)

It's related because of crafting augmentation kits (and augments) :) Cheers:)

Yes, you can craft a lot of useless stuff. And?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

many =/= most ;)

The augment system the way it's implemented makes tending gear for character and companions tedious.

LotRo system is far more convenient and gives much more freeness to the players. 

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Or you can just run 1 week of FP/SM EV/KP OPs dailies/weeklies and skip weeks of farming credits and end up with same/better stuff.

And NO, you cant earn millions of credits/week from dailies (unless you have few alts, but since it takes 3-4 hours to run them all, well), it would take 1 week of dailies to buy 1 mod, and you need 25 for full set. So, by all means, do it your way.

You get the bulk of your dailies and even some Black Hole comms from Black Hole and Section X. It takes me about 45 minutes to do Black Hole including the 4 man and about an hour to do Section X including the the 4 man. I get almost exactly 120 daily comms every 3 days and close to or over 300k in credits each daily run and selling the odd thing worth selling from loot drops. Times are best case meaning 4 man grouped up fast and ran through fast. Of course it can take longer.

200-300k every day in about 2 hours. Do the math. I also only meant you can SUBSTITUTE gearing up with crafted items with all the credits you earn. Unless you actually like saving up millions of credits for no reason you can easily dump a million a week in AH and still make a profit. Doing HM's is expected of you anyway as you want ways to get Black Hole level gear or other without spending so much in the AH for possibly lesser gear.

Also note the I am the type to enjoy the journey and don't see playing as a grind. I'll mix things up and help others and is also the reason why I am in a hardcore RP guild. I also absolutely agree that this game requires a hell of a lot more quality of life attention to it and all areas can be expanded upon and tweaked. It has a long way to go but I do see possitive changes amongst the other extremely frustrating  features (or lack of)  yet to addressed.

You stay sassy!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

You get the bulk of your dailies and even some Black Hole comms from Black Hole and Section X. It takes me about 45 minutes to do Black Hole including the 4 man and about an hour to do Section X including the the 4 man. I get almost exactly 120 daily comms every 3 days and close to or over 300k in credits each daily run and selling the odd thing worth selling from loot drops. Times are best case meaning 4 man grouped up fast and ran through fast. Of course it can take longer.

200-300k every day in about 2 hours. Do the math. I also only meant you can SUBSTITUTE gearing up with crafted items with all the credits you earn. Unless you actually like saving up millions of credits for no reason you can easily dump a million a week in AH and still make a profit. Doing HM's is expected of you anyway as you want ways to get Black Hole level gear or other without spending so much in the AH for possibly lesser gear.

Also note the I am the type to enjoy the journey and don't see playing as a grind. I'll mix things up and help others and is also the reason why I am in a hardcore RP guild. I also absolutely agree that this game requires a hell of a lot more quality of life attention to it and all areas can be expanded upon and tweaked. It has a long way to go but I do see possitive changes amongst the other extremely frustrating  features (or lack of)  yet to addressed.

A defender of Dailies!  awesome!! 

I hated dailers in WoW, and I can't say my opinon changed with SWTOR.

They are the most stupid and mundane activity available for players.

I did my share of literally hundreds of dailies with WoW, and some with SWTOR.  I only could wish SWTOR did something else besides dailies, because the concept, started by WoW, is not very exciting.

If EA wants to continue copying WoW that's fine, just expect a smaller playerbase.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

I solo BH in 35 minutes. In Columi/Champion gear.

And i skipped SX completely because they incorporated (OMG im good, its exactly as i have predicted it) very complex mechanic of "push 4 buttons simultaneously" to prevent good players from soloing it.

And im perfectly aware of how much creds you can get and how much time it takes. If you had paid attention i said i ended up with 25m creds and absolutely nothing to spend them on. I INVENTED the math. And yes, i unlocked all legacy crap and m buying all unlocks i need to go F2P and dont have to spend a dime on SWTOR any more, and hopefully some stories will be released since endgame utterly sucks (and no, moar raids wont make it better just moar of the same).

SWTOR needs 2 years of solid reworking to get anywhere, and i dont see it happening. They are abbysmaly slow with everything, and everything they release has so many flaws that they need to play "catch up" for 6 months to correct all the flaws instead expanding it. They just luck the mojo.

Originally posted by Karteli

A defender of Dailies!  awesome!! 

I hated dailers in WoW, and I can't say my opinon changed with SWTOR.

They are the most fuckin stupid and mundane activity available for players.

I did my share of literally hundreds of dailies with WoW, and some with SWTOR.  I only could wish SWTOR did something else besides dailies, because the concept, started by WoW, is not very exciting.

If EA wants to continue copying WoW that's fine, just expect a smaller playerbase.

True, same applies to whole endgame. I did dailies while waiting WZs to pop up, in lack of better activities (well, lack of ANY other activities).

With the direction they took they shot themselves in the foot, and even if they try to change it (though it certanly doesnt seem so) it will be a little to late, they rushed F2P without actually correcting any flaws, it seems like desperation. So they kinda "missed" their "second launch".

Bad decisions after bad decisions after bad decisions.