Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the meanest thing you've ever done in a MMORPG?

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

What's the meanest thing you've ever done in a MMORPG?

Comments

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    i killed a bunny once

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I've been a pretty good player. I don't cause too much trouble.  The only thing that came to mind is the following:

In EverQuest II, when you lost your Internet connection while in game, your character would remain in the world for a few minutes with a title stating "Link Dead" above the name.

I played on the World PvP server. Depending on the zone, the lowest level player I could attack could only be one that is 2-3 levels under me (unless a player attacks me first - then it doesn't matter). I created a guild called "Link Dead" and sat my character in the oppoising faction's n00bie zone. n00bs thought I was afk; they thought they could get a free kill. The second they touched me....   BOOOYAAAH! 1-SHOT!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

As a Horde Hunter in WoW, I saw a level 35 Dwarf running around near the Crossroads. We were just messing around, not doing anything serious, but I dropped a snake trap and ran a deer across it. I was level 70 and the deer was level 5, so it died immediately. The dwarf was 35 and didn't die immediately, but he did die. That wasn't what I meant to do, but it's what I did.

He ran back to Ratchet with me running behind him doing the "Wait" emote, but he kept running. Which was probably smart. I finally rolled a gnome and messaged him to apologize. I know it's just pixels, but he looked so happy hopping around outside of Crossroads, I felt really bad about making him run away.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    I was a high ranking officer in a guild for over 4 years and one day, spent all night and day (during the holidays cuz' I knew it would be scarace) cleaning out all thier houses and guild hall of items. I had twelve accounts (<<True story, I was addicted and exploiting the system at the time) then proceeded to transfer all the items as I seen fit to my alt accounts. No one in the guild of 40+ players knew of my alt accounts. They never got thier items back as I was admin on all the houses/guild halls, that was thier fault for trusting me.  I then exploited the system for my profession and became the only Dark Jedi Overlord on the server. I was a real bastard for all this but for some reason it felt right role playing the villan for a change. Then in the end before things changed, thanks to a inside birdie, I sold my accounts for a large sum of money and never looked back.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

I cybered a few times with this guy in Everquest years ago and he went all stalkerish on me in game. I ended up deleting that character and starting over however he started pestering my guild mates about where i was, what happened to me etc.. i got tired of it so I ended up getting a friend in game to send him a tell and tell the guy that I had died IRL... yeah I know.. :(

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I've never done anything mean.

hmm, however...

I once told a clan member who was relatively new that we couldn't replace one of his items that dropped. Since he was new and since it was "lineage 2" there was a question as to whether he was one of those people who joined clans, got gear and then dropped.

Maybe, in retrospect we could have banded together as a clan and got him a new shield but at that time I was always concerned of being scammed as it went on quite a lot in that game and even to severl of our long time members.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Think the worst couple things I've done was in EQ just training a bit.

Made an alt warrior in Greater Faydark. Pulled basically all of Orc Hill to the Newbie Lift and watched the slaughter. Just a few times I did this.

Thing that my Bard friend and I did was train Veltar around Dreadlands. He had Selo's on and we'd go grab him and take off. We'd be so far ahead of him though no one would know it was us training. Just about cleared out the zone with him too before we decided it was enough.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I shot a man in Jita, just to watch him die.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    In WoW I was slaughtering NPCs at Crossroads when some level 12 attacked me.  My pet one shotted him, but when he revived he was still flagged for PVP.  I followed him all around Barrens ganking the crap out of him then we he was no longer flagged for PVP, I followed him around one-shotting all his quest mobs before he could reach them until he got mad and logged off. 
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I forget which game.

Someone I didn't know put me on auto-follow then went AFK.  Too lazy to walk to the next town.

Towed the character under water so it would drown.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Camped certain people from an enemy guild to the point they can't play. Looking back i was an asshole years ago, probably still would be if given a decent game world.
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Played a Rogue in wow pvp. The suffering was immense.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    told a guy in warcraft he better change his name before he got a ban..then i went and reported him myself.only because the guys name was so offensive.not sure if he got a ban though ..he should have considering the name he had.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

City of Heroes

See noobs begging for money in town

Ask them to join my group

Fly to the highest level agro mobs in the area

Use my teleport skill to drop them in the middle of it.

leave.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Montaronx
    i killed a bunny once

Me too.  Of course, someone was trying to tame it after having luring monsters in to aggro me and ruin my own attempt to tame it, so it seemed like a required retaliation.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

In EVE there was this one person whose character was new, and they were asking for money to replace a ship they lost when their ore was stolen and they didn't know they were being can flipped.

I sent them a contract saying it was a gift of money.  The contract was labelled by the game as a gift, but the way that it worked was it took 100 million ISK from that player and gave it to me.  I contracted them to give me money.

They were very confused, followed by saying something along the lines of "you took my last everything"

Another time in EVE i happened across a POS owned by a corporation consisting of one person.  There were no defenses, and it was a small tower so relatively low HP.  I declared war on the corp of one man, and he didn't log on the entire two days I spent burning it to the ground.  It took two days because of the reinforcement thing.  Anywyas, I stole the labs, and repackaged them in a station.  Turns out he had been researching some BPOs, including an Obelisk (freighter) original blueprint, and several for capital ship components.  I came out 6 billion isk ahead.

A day or two later he logged in, but this was after the war had already been retracted and concluded by me.  He stayed on for about 15 minutes.  He's still on my watchlist, but I've never seen him log in again in the couple years since then.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

In UO you could stand next to a bank, have your bank box open, and then steal something from someone next to you, drop it in the bank box before guards kill you, and you'd have said item(s).

I did this once and grabbed a guild hall key from some guy, he was VERY upset lol. I didn't keep it though, I was just having fun. Stealing isn't fun for me but messing around with a sandbox system like that is. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Trudge34

Think the worst couple things I've done was in EQ just training a bit.Made an alt warrior in Greater Faydark. Pulled basically all of Orc Hill to the Newbie Lift and watched the slaughter. Just a few times I did this.Thing that my Bard friend and I did was train Veltar around Dreadlands. He had Selo's on and we'd go grab him and take off. We'd be so far ahead of him though no one would know it was us training. Just about cleared out the zone with him too before we decided it was enough.

Lol I use to zone into Karnor's Castle and run round tagging mobs just to run to the entrance.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Dunno. Why would I be mean in an MMO?
  • teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Killed enemy shard player on gw2, next to eternal battlegrounds jumping puzzle end. 
  • therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Early on in WoW, I would stealth past players fighting mobs to open chests first.....hey, they did it to me too ( ' :
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I don't know if it would qualify as being mean, but I founded this guild in SWG and...its been awhile but for some reason we had to have one of our officers put the guild hall in his name instead of me doing it.  It probably had something to do with land slots:  all mine were used up between having a crafting alt and being a packrat.

Anyway, when we built the guild hall and registered the clan name, everyone was like, what the fuck?  He spelled the name of our clan wrong, hahaha.  Turns out the guy had dyslexia.  And apparently there was a timer on changing the name of your clan.  So for awhile, maybe a week can't remember, people kept coming up to us to let us know our clan name was spelled wrong.  Ah man, I was pissed, haha.  Funny as hell now that I think about it though. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Kenze

I cybered a few times with this guy in Everquest years ago and he went all stalkerish on me in game. I ended up deleting that character and starting over however he started pestering my guild mates about where i was, what happened to me etc.. i got tired of it so I ended up getting a friend in game to send him a tell and tell the guy that I had died IRL... yeah I know.. :(

Holy shit.

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

1: My guild in SWG made a ticket requesting help to fix a stuck statue at our city. The CSR (Customer service rep) Came a couple hours later, and the leader city warned him which flagged him for PVP if he didn't leave the city within a short period of time.

He ended up being attackable and we griefed him and danced on his corpse. Needless to say we all got banned, but it was fun.

2: In Planetside, my friends outfit was doing mock gen drops/holds. I was on the opposite faction and CR5. I told my friend that I was on the way to the base they were practicing at. They were about to leave so I had my friend ask them to do another run because he felt they needed more training.

They did this and I showed up in my cloaker, set my Orbital strike right above their galaxy. When they all loaded in I had already pressed the button and it was counting down. As it was going off I ran up to my friends computer and listened to all the members in TS screaming and yelling BAIL BAIL OH GOD BAIL as all but one of them blew up in a glorious fireball.