Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not looking good.......where is the purchase and game plans?

TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

..............So we are almost a week out till the new launch date, and still no more info released.  It was said in the webvid, there would be pre-purchase info and plans with perks.....yet we have no new info.    

...........smelling a setback again =/

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Comments

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Actually the game got Greenlighted onto Steam last week, Tasos is likely to announce preorder info later this week (go watch the intervew :)
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

We learn from history that we do not learn from history.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Originally posted by ZigZags

We learn from history that we do not learn from history.

Darkfall in a nutshell.

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by Flute
    Actually the game got Greenlighted onto Steam last week, Tasos is likely to announce preorder info later this week (go watch the intervew :)

I dont see it on steam Greenlight.  I also wanted to know how to get this game.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by vectrexevo

It was already approved through Greenlinght and Valve is now in process of making the distribution contract with Aventurine. I would expect DF to pop into steam later this week or at launch the latest.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by TheJoda

..............So we are almost a week out till the new launch date, and still no more info released.  It was said in the webvid, there would be pre-purchase info and plans with perks.....yet we have no new info.    

Uh.... we got several updates with a LOT of new info.

As for the perk stuff, its due to be announced this week.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by vectrexevo

It was already approved through Greenlinght and Valve is now in process of making the distribution contract with Aventurine. I would expect DF to pop into steam later this week or at launch the latest.

it would be cool if it did actually get on steam that soon.  but i dont think it will.  perpetuum got greenlit a few months ago.  and it still isn't on steam yet.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

if there was going to be a set back prim wouldnt be missing from release SO yea.

but yea just keep an eye out for info it should pop up soon. hopefull today we will see

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

I'm a bit worried as well. 7 days to go and there's little to no word on cost, pre-orders, incentives, etc...

At this point I'd hope we'd have daily communication up until launch. Just a note here and there to keep faith alive in the 12/12 launch date.

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by djmtott

I'm a bit worried as well. 7 days to go and there's little to no word on cost, pre-orders, incentives, etc...

At this point I'd hope we'd have daily communication up until launch. Just a note here and there to keep faith alive in the 12/12 launch date.

If we don't hear anything today I would start to worry.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Melgaroth

Incoming release delay announcement in T minus 10...9...8...7...

Originally posted by indiramourn

Last time they delayed 6 days prior to launch. With the Steam deal and everything I think another delay would hurt them pretty badly.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Last time they delayed 6 days prior to launch. With the Steam deal and everything I think another delay would hurt them pretty badly.

According to what AV has already said, the buying information isn't coming up until sometime this week. He said he hoped it'd be early week but that he wasn't sure it would be. Today or tomorrow seem like likely dates.

• saturn1234saturn1234 Member UncommonPosts: 111

is there any info out there for if we already owned the game?

I am kind of interested to try it again but I do not want to buy it again.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Really, didnt think you DF fans had any other options?  Your options are...you can wait...or you can wait.  Adventurine has you by the testicles.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by saturn1234

is there any info out there for if we already owned the game?

I am kind of interested to try it again but I do not want to buy it again.

The only confirmed info for folks like yourself is you will not need to buy the game again. Not sure about incentives, but you won't need to rebuy the game, only resub.

Originally posted by apocoluster

Really, didnt think you DF fans had any other options?  Your options are...you can wait...or you can wait.  Adventurine has you by the testicles.

If you've never played DF then you don't understand. Its simply the best MMO available and we are all greatly anticipating the relaunch. Please don't tell me you've never been excited for a game in your life, the simple fact that you browse these boards tells me you have.

After playing Darkfall most other games are boring as **** so yes AV has me by the balls. I'd rather be giddy with excitement than bored out of my mind with the current state of games.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

If you've never played DF then you don't understand. Its simply the best MMO available and we are all greatly anticipating the relaunch. Please don't tell me you've never been excited for a game in your life, the simple fact that you browse these boards tells me you have.

After playing Darkfall most other games are boring as **** so yes AV has me by the balls. I'd rather be giddy with excitement than bored out of my mind with the current state of games.

Well it might be the best MMO for you, but when I tried it (free trial) and learn a bit about it, there was nothing great about the game expect the combat (and yet the combat had alot of stupid stuff in it IMO). Some people liked it and others didn't.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the game had another setback. I don't get how AV works with their next to none marketing. I don't have any expectations whatsoever from this game, I just hope it turns out better than the 1st one but after seeing their role/school videos, I must say its not looking good. Hoping that I'm wrong and the game will be a blast to play.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

That's just the vapor that you're smelling.

Kidding. ;)

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by TheJoda ..............So we are almost a week out till the new launch date, and still no more info released.  It was said in the webvid, there would be pre-purchase info and plans with perks.....yet we have no new info.           ...........smelling a setback again =/

Stop spreading panick

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I checked my account page and it has recently been updated to reflect that I currently have 14 days left on my subscription from when original DF went free back in October.  It also now says my sub is active again as well.  Also, the sub is now a reaccuring sub, whereas before I would just go month to month.  So I'm thinking if you had an active sub when it went free Oct. 15 your sub will just roll over to the new game without having to do anything at all.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .....and still no new info, website remains the same locked status.   Not good!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

.....and still no new info, website remains the same locked status.   Not good!

As someone famous once said, sure is a strange way to run a railroad.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Confused why people whining about prebuying / website. A lot of good devs don't care nor focus on trying get some massive splash down launch. I think they rather go from small to big then big to crash if you get what I'm saying.

SNIP

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by kanechart
    Confused why people whining about prebuying / website. A lot of good devs don't care nor focus on trying get some massive splash down launch. I think they rather go from small to big then big to crash if you get what I'm saying.

because we are less then 6 days to launch....and there is no NEW info....think a bit SON!