Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 and TSW are tops? really?

GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've had posts like this before, and they seemed to get people to update thier review ratings of games, so I guess I'll have to do it again.  Right now Guild Wars 2 is number one rating (by alot) and The Secret World is second (also by alot).

Now I haven't played Guild Wars 2 and only a month of The Secret World, so this isn't a thread about how good or bad they are, however, I know alot of friends that left WoW and Rift to go play them, and I noticed recently that almost everyone is back.  Looking through my friendslist in these games, I've noticed in WoW only 2 people missing (my friendlist is full btw).  In Rift, my friendlist is only missing about 10 people (which is also full).  After the launch of Guild Wars 2, about half my guild left to go play it, and even more % of my friendlist went to go play it.  After talking to them, they were all dissapointed with it.  They said it's no Guild Wars 1, and even though it's free after you buy the game, they aren't going back anytime soon.

This leads me to believe that the ratings (as any poll really) are skewed and/or people haven't updated thier ratings since launch.  I personally never trust ratings anyways.  My favorite game of all time, Zelda 64: Ocarina of time, got mixed reviews, which I don't see how.  To me there isn't a single game that comes even close to it...Heck I still play the 3DS version to this day.

So please update your ratings regularly, thanks :)  From what I've heard people talking about, Planetside 2 should be first anyways...Other than it being an SOE game, I won't touch, It sounds like the greatest game ever.  Barely seen or heard anything bad about it.

Comments

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    As one of wow & eve player i can tell you that you are 100% right with Planetside 2, best game ever. Never was mmofps fan but this game is epic!
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I've had posts like this before, and they seemed to get people to update thier review ratings of games, so I guess I'll have to do it again.  Right now Guild Wars 2 is number one rating (by alot) and The Secret World is second (also by alot).

Now I haven't played Guild Wars 2 and only a month of The Secret World, so this isn't a thread about how good or bad they are, however, I know alot of friends that left WoW and Rift to go play them, and I noticed recently that almost everyone is back.  Looking through my friendslist in these games, I've noticed in WoW only 2 people missing (my friendlist is full btw).  In Rift, my friendlist is only missing about 10 people (which is also full).  After the launch of Guild Wars 2, about half my guild left to go play it, and even more % of my friendlist went to go play it.  After talking to them, they were all dissapointed with it.  They said it's no Guild Wars 1, and even though it's free after you buy the game, they aren't going back anytime soon.

This leads me to believe that the ratings (as any poll really) are skewed and/or people haven't updated thier ratings since launch.  I personally never trust ratings anyways.  My favorite game of all time, Zelda 64: Ocarina of time, got mixed reviews, which I don't see how.  To me there isn't a single game that comes even close to it...Heck I still play the 3DS version to this day.

So please update your ratings regularly, thanks :)  From what I've heard people talking about, Planetside 2 should be first anyways...Other than it being an SOE game, I won't touch, It sounds like the greatest game ever.  Barely seen or heard anything bad about it.

GW2 is B2P meaning that there is no sub. You can come back at any time.

I don't believe PS2 should be on this site as it is a MMOFPS, just like D3 shouldn't be on this site.

And yet, the guild I am in wnt from 50 (at launch) to over 282 members with no one leaving. Different strokes for different folks. Just because your firends have left does not mean everyone is.

Just leave it be.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by botrytis

I don't believe PS2 should be on this site as it is a MMOFPS, just like D3 shouldn't be on this site.

And yet, the guild I am in wnt from 50 (at launch) to over 282 members with no one leaving. Different strokes for different folks. Just because your firends have left does not mean everyone is.

Just leave it be.

so in other words he is wrong because YOU love guild wars 2 so much? He is absolutely right both the secret world and guild wars 2 didnt live up to the hype they created and a lot of people quit both and regardless of if they bought the game or not are still not satisfied with it. TSW is causing funcom to go bankrupt so that is evidence right there they need to go back and redo their ratings. Guild Wars 2 isnt by no means as full as it was at release and its way more than just his friends that left anyone who plays can see it on most servers but a few. Just because you love the game so much doesnt mean that they should screw facts and data to make you happy, this site should be a resource for accurate data.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by botrytis

Just leave it be.

so in other words he is wrong because YOU love guild wars 2 so much? He is absolutely right both the secret world and guild wars 2 didnt live up to the hype they created and a lot of people quit both and regardless of if they bought the game or not are still not satisfied with it. TSW is causing funcom to go bankrupt so that is evidence right there they need to go back and redo their ratings. Guild Wars 2 isnt by no means as full as it was at release and its way more than just his friends that left anyone who plays can see it on most servers but a few. Just because you love the game so much doesnt mean that they should screw facts and data to make you happy, this site should be a resource for accurate data.

Not what I am saying at all. YMMV - is what I am saying.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

It is just personal opinions,if dislike  game ,that mean it is not for you , it is not  bad games

brw check users rattings for EvE ,for me it is joke but it is me

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Its good you've wriitten this, or i would have had forgotten to put Guild Wars 2 rating to 10, it was 9.9 before because I placed 9.9 before the game came out as to not give out perfect score without even trying the game, but now its safe to say i can put it to 10.

Thx for reminding me, i'm also gonna go put 10 for The Secret World and Start Citizen and Planetside 2 now.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

GW2 is the best MMO out right now, therefore its at the top spot.

Nothing much to see here. Move along folks.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Why not ?, Guild Wars 2 is the best game ever made, and is best game that will ever be made, and if i could give it more than a 10 i would !

And it's all thx to OP, i forgot about this, but thankfully he reminded me, that i need to make sure to contribute to Guild Wars 2 hype because it's real hype, its not fake, and you need to support what you believe in to(game).

Oh and btw its not riding the hype, it never had the "hype", it delievered everything it promised, unlike some other games, which were hyped and then dissapointed.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by 13lake

Why not ?, Guild Wars 2 is the best game ever made, and is best game that will ever be made, and if i could give it more than a 10 i would !

And it's all thx to OP, i forgot about this, but thankfully he reminded me, that i need to make sure to contribute to Guild Wars 2 hype because it's real hype, its not fake, and you need to support what you believe in to(game).

Oh and btw its not riding the hype, it never had the "hype", it delievered everything it promised, unlike some other games, which were hyped and then dissapointed.

You're not trying hard enough.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

Couple of things here. Your anecdote of people within one group of friends disliking a game does not at all represent the massive number of people who use this website. I would really refrain from referencing a WoW friends list of however many people as evidence.

Secondly, GW2 is a phenomenal game designed to be a quick fun route to the max level and then stick around for content if you want, or go back when there's more. It's no wonder people are playing more than GW2, it's B2P and the end game content is not fully expanded yet.

Why would Planetside 2 be number one? It's an MMOFPS that plays identical to the first one. I was not surprised by the game at all after playing the first one, although it is a lot of fun, that's for sure. Most users of this site are into RPG games. Notice the 'We don't want games, we want worlds' thread in the Pub. This notion is increasing in popularity and PS2 is so much more a game than a world.

More importantly, I find it strange that you don't realize how or why people like things different from your personal taste. There are a lot of players out there, a lot of us playing for different reasons, a lot of us with wildly different views than you. Especially PS2 being number one. Not that I don't think it should be, I find it unlikely that people will be playing that game for 3+ years and loving it as their number one MMORPG.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    so according to a few blind fans here mmorpg.com should not allow accurate data at a later date to influence the scores ? yeah.......okay....... Game reviews and point data shouldnt even be allowed to be posted until after people have gotten to end game and its been out a couple of months. Also enough of the blind fanboism here every game has its faults period and its your opinion guild wars is so great . Many of us now think it sucks period and we are entitled to our opinion which a lot of people cannot seem to respect on this site. Its funny a lot of us that think the game is utter garbage now do not ever hardly say anything negative to you guys who love it so whole heartedly but the second someone posts something negative about it , its all about dissing and discrediting that poster, we respect your opinion so why cant you respect ours?