Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if this game weren't Free, what game would you play?

124»

Comments

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by grimal

Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Guild Wars 2. I've tried to play some WoW and LOTRO, but the quest hubs and slower combat makes those games boring as hell.

Dude, totally.

I could never play one of those quest hub games again.  They are just so old school.  DEs are like where it's at, bud.  I'll definitely be playing this game and ONLY THIS GAME for the rest of my life.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

So you could never play one of those quest hub MMOs again. So what's happened in the last twenty four hours, have you stopped playing SWTOR.

Pretty sure SWTOR has quest hubs, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Guild Wars 2.

I've tried to play some WoW and LOTRO, but the quest hubs and slower combat makes those games boring as hell.

Dude, totally.

I could never play one of those quest hub games again.  They are just so old school.  DEs are like where it's at, bud.  I'll definitely be playing this game and ONLY THIS GAME for the rest of my life.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

So you could never play one of those quest hub MMOs again. So what's happened in the last twenty four hours, have you stopped playing SWTOR. Pretty sure SWTOR has quest hubs, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Did Grimal need to use * sarcasm on* and *sarcasm off*?

People are getting way too serious on this forum

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by botrytis

Guild Wars 2.

I've tried to play some WoW and LOTRO, but the quest hubs and slower combat makes those games boring as hell.

Dude, totally.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

So you could never play one of those quest hub MMOs again. So what's happened in the last twenty four hours, have you stopped playing SWTOR. Pretty sure SWTOR has quest hubs, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Apparently so.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I actually rebooted up MtgO, can't be playing any MMO that's on the market right now, they are all sub par, GW2 was my last hope of redemption, but thats just turned out to be a trading game, Anet has so much control over the drops, constant nerfing, manipulation of items and gem store, they can stick there precious game where the sun don't shine.

Guild Wars 2. I've tried to play some WoW and LOTRO, but the quest hubs and slower combat makes those games boring as hell.

Dude, totally.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

Apparently so.

Ah lol, fair enough I'm a bit slow today lol.

Anyway since playing the Age Of Wushu beta from November 15th through to 25th November, I haven't been able to play another mmorpg. Some of the features in the game are truly original for MMOs and on top of that it's a beautiful FFA PvP sandbox MMO.

The 20th of December can't come quick enough.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Whoa since when is Guild Wars 2 free?

I feel like a fool for buying it.  Unrelated as that may be.

I tried to warn you all. But nobody would listen. They just keep supporting the business model of, "Recouperate costs and profit in first 3 months...then who cares how good the game is after that."

Or you know, they could just be using the exact same business model as Guild Wars 1 where they pump out massive amounts of content into expansions that are constantly worth your money.

Unlike 99% of sub fees which appear to be wasted by incompetant developers taking their time and not really earning the fees they charge. ArenaNet actually earns their paycheck.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Guild Wars 2.

Dude, totally.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

Apparently so.

Ah lol, fair enough I'm a bit slow today lol. Anyway since playing the Age Of Wushu beta from November 15th through to 25th November, I haven't been able to play another mmorpg. Some of the features in the game are truly original for MMOs and on top of that it's a beautiful FFA PvP sandbox MMO. The 20th of December can't come quick enough.

Cool. Thanks for the tip! FFA PvP Sandbox? Sounds interesting.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

The game isn't free.  You have to pay to get it.

I don't play subscription based games period, so none of the above.  That includes GW2.  If it were a subscription game, I would not be playing it.  Fortunately for me, Anet saw the wisdom in B2P MMORPGs.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Dude, totally.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

Apparently so.

Ah lol, fair enough I'm a bit slow today lol. Anyway since playing the Age Of Wushu beta from November 15th through to 25th November, I haven't been able to play another mmorpg. Some of the features in the game are truly original for MMOs and on top of that it's a beautiful FFA PvP sandbox MMO. The 20th of December can't come quick enough.

Cool. Thanks for the tip! FFA PvP Sandbox? Sounds interesting.

Yeah it even warns you after you have made your first character lol. It says 'Age Of Wushu is FFA PvP MMO are you sure you want to proceed' llol. If you go to the Age Of Wushu forum's on this site I and a few others have posted some great video's and info, check them out you won't be disappointed. For some reason mmorpg.com don't want to promote the game they didn't even check out the first western beta. Don't worry about the cash shop a Dev explains how it works in a video I've posted, it'sa not pay to win .

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    GW2 IS free, and I STILL don't play it and prefer to pay a monthly fee for WoW. GW2 wasn't bad for 3 weeks or so, and while other games in the genre currently aren't much better, they still feel like they have more going for them currently that actually drives me to play.

For the 100th time in this thread, GW2 is NOT free.  It's buy to play.  If you don't spend the sixty bucks to BUY it, you can't play it.  It not having a sub is NOT the same thing as it being "free."  To further personalize my post, I only played GW2 to level 48 before returning to WoW and Mists of Pandaria, so.....that says something about what I thought of it, I suppose.  Enjoyed it, but it lacked something for me.  I love the whimsical nature of WoW, always have and probably always will.  I also love EQ2.  So perhaps GW2 was just not meant to be a "long term" game for me.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

EDIT:

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Money I do not think is the issue.  If the game is a good game I think people would pay whatever you asked as long as it is within reason.    It is a matter if it is a good game or not.   That is all it boils down to in the end.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by ZigZags

Guild Wars 2.

Dude, totally.

GW2 TO THE END BRO!!!

You just said you were playing SWTOR. There really isnt more a hub friendly game than that. 

you didnt feel the sarcasm in his words?

anyway, just stick to the good game you enjoy. No need to talk down other good games that you dont enjoy anymore. That goes to everyone.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Teala
    Money I do not think is the issue.  If the game is a good game I think people would pay whatever you asked as long as it is within reason.    It is a matter if it is a good game or not.   That is all it boils down to in the end.

^^Exactly! 

The classic $15 a month shoul be trivial for even a highschooler with only a part-time job. If it isn't you shouldn't be playing games at all. Personally I would pay much more than  $15 if I feel a game warrants it. After all a single night out for dinner, a date at the movies, a night at a bar, all will fill only a single evening for much more cost, the MMO is there all month.

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Kinchyle
    Originally posted by Terranah
    none of the above.  Money is not a factor in what games I play.

^This

WTF is wrong with most of this community? The game is fun...hell it's great! I didn't think it would be either. Do some of you just feel you HAVE to post crap here? The more I read here, the more I think that most have no brain.

(not posting against you as the OP...just this place in general)

And then there is the guy who criticizes other people's opinions on an open discussion board by adding his own opinion to the board.

:)

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

The way the question is formulated implies most would be playing something else if GW2 weren't free, even if the first option is that I would still play GW2.

Even if it had a sub I would still play it, I like it way better than any sub MMO currently out there (and I've played them all).

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Tokken
    Vanguard, I am currently subscribed and loving it.

Same here. Vanguard is only MMO worth its water right now

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    I would be raiding for gear in MoP

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Tokken
    Vanguard, I am currently subscribed and loving it.

Same here. Vanguard is only MMO worth its water right now

I've played Vanguard for nearly six years, I have four top level toons and numerous atls across two accounts. My guild have traversed the vast world of Telon.

Vanguard is a epic game and one any avid PvE player should try. I am having a break and now looking forward to a complete opposite MMO,

Age Of Wushu.

After playing the beta I can't stop thinking about the game lol, it takes a bit of getting use to but damn the game is fun and rewarding. The 20th of December can't come quick enough with a 20 day beta and updated content not seen in the last beta. Their is a reason it's the number one mmo in China.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

None of them, 

1- GW2 is not free

2- there is not only those game

3- i gotta go

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I do play other games.

Dishonoured - for a few days, great but short

BOPS2 - multiplayer still from time to time, not much though

Far Cry 3 - currently

Orcs must die 2 - for 1 week, deeply addictive, thank god I 5skulled most of it

Planetside 2 - disappointed with this one

MOP for 1 month because I paid for it - boring ugly unbalanced game, worse than cata

Torchlight 2 - 1 week

etc etc

I always come back to GW2 though, for longer term gaming.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

If this game had a monthly subscription** since in truth B2P is NOT free, and the fact it has a cash shop actually discredits it further.

Still not playing this game so can't really say, I'd still be stuck playing what I am now (rift) :)

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

GW is free? Pretty sure I paid 50ish bucks for it.

I already play/played most of those games in the list. And for a much longer time than GW2, if I may add. Some games are worth a subscription, and others aren't worth playing for "free".

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.