Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Which MMORPG will be better?

2»

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    After how well SOE have done with PS2 I am pretty sure EQ:Next is going to be epic..
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

My magic eight ball says it's too soon to tell.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by itstheclimax
    both will be major disappointments, but EQ will be worse.

Woah. You really are optimistic  :D

Are you disappointed by every MMO ?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    If EQNext will be a true sandbox, meaning giant seemless open world and non-instanced player housing, then the choice between that and yet another themepark treadmill seems pretty obvious.

Joined - July 2004

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by remyburke
    If EQNext will be a true sandbox, meaning giant seemless open world and non-instanced player housing, then the choice between that and yet another themepark treadmill seems pretty obvious.

Heck I think the choice is already obvious, a game trying to be something different, vs the exact same garbage thats been spoon fed to us for a decade.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by remyburke

That's a great way to hedge the bet, too.  All set up for the ole "it's not a *real* sandbox!" if/when things turn out poorly.

I suspect that the industry suddenly changing their marketing bullet points over to "generic sandbox talking points, activate!" won't suddenly produce much more than the previous fifteen years...the only difference being higher expectations, leading to greater bitterness.  I certainly expect nothing less from Smed.

But I would be happy to be wrong,  Prophet of Doom just isn't my style.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I picked the misanthrope option because I have no idea which game will be better. TESO is largely an unknown. It could be a great game. EQNext has an equal chance of being great or being a horrible disappointment. For that matter, both games could be great in different ways.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

SOE are learning and "getting" what is needed, learning from past mistakes and climbing back up to success. SOE are the only AAA company with the potential to bring that perfect MMO

Elder Scrolls will probably be whatever, and sell on the success of Morrowind / Oblivion /Skyrim etc and think that a mediocre title will do.

Only when companies are at the top of success they get too cocky and fail. That is where The Elder Scrolls series is. SOE is building back their reputation, and getting better each day. When another SOE game succeeds which EQ Next has the potential to be then they will get cocky again and fall back down again!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Yamota

EQ Next is hyped to have sandbox features but since it is SOE we are talking about I strongly doubt that it will be the case.

Elder Scrolls Online, from what I have read, will not be like Skyrim. Which means no open world but probably linear ThemePark.

So I would say both games will be pretty poor. Only indy companies can produce any innovative MMOs so I will be looking for those games. I am done with so called triple A MMOs.

They did make SWG and they did transfer the few people they had left when they closed SWG to EQ Next so it is not that unlikely.

I think neither game will be really great but I have more hopes for EQN, but maybe is that just because I still know less about it and because ignorance is bliss.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Yamota

EQ Next is hyped to have sandbox features but since it is SOE we are talking about I strongly doubt that it will be the case.

They did make SWG and alot of people loved it PRE-CU and praised as the "greatest" sandbox since UO and i sort of concur, it had great sandbox features.

From those 2 i chose EQnext, but i'm not going to hype myself or any others. ESO seems to be shaping up into yet another themepark-exploration (ala GW2) game which i don't have the heart for anymore, it's time MMORPG's all evolved more into the sandbox style so that finally after a LONG time we would have worlds to inhabit instead of being marionettes.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I picked the misanthrope option because I have no idea which game will be better. TESO is largely an unknown. It could be a great game. EQNext has an equal chance of being great or being a horrible disappointment. For that matter, both games could be great in different ways.

TESO is not largly unknown, they have said enough to know what we are getting, you are right about EQNext though, it could turn out to be a travesty. Only thing we know about it is its aiming to be the largest sandbox ever created. But thats enough for me to know that if I could only play one of the 2 it would be EQNext with no questions asked. But Ill play TESO 8-12 months after it release when it is F2P. I just hope they dont screw up the Elder scrolls lore, which is the sole reason I will play the game.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI