Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF New MMO!

Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93

I am currently looking for a new MMO. I'd like to find something that has not come out yet, but is coming out soon.

My MMOs:

UO

Runescape

LOTR

WoW

Champions

Aion

SW:TOR

Tera Online

TSW

GW2

The only games I made to cap and continued to play:

WoW

SWTOR

I poured hours and hours in to Runescape though and it is a pretty big feat to get to max, but I was only in my 90's.

Anway here is what I look for in an MMO:

Graphics. Not too important, but I did jsut upgrade my rig so I'd like to push the limits a bit.

PvE - challenging dungeons and raids.

PvP - Battlegrounds mostly. I dislike being ganked and usualy never gank anyone.

Customization - Very important to me. I like having a ncie set of awesome armor as well as a great looking character.

The game that held my attention the msot was WoW, but after Cataclysm killed it and MoP failed to revive it I find myself looking again. I don't mind waiting, but eprsonally I prefer to have a less than 6 month wait for a game. I'm also looking for something that has a community, guild system, and is just awesome or looks awesome. In WoW and sW:TOR I ran Guilds, but the peak of my Guilds came in from SW:TOR with me leading 120+ people, 4 raids a week, and a great communtiy within the guild. Sadly those days have passed, people have moved on from the game, and I want to move on as well.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Only one that comes to mind is WildStar.

I don't have info on timing.

edit: Another would be TESO, but I think that's more than six months out.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by XAPGames

Only one that comes to mind is WildStar.

I don't have info on timing.

edit: Another would be TESO, but I think that's more than six months out.

Yeah I signed up for the beta a couple of hours ago with that. TESO to me is looking pretty meh atm.

I'm also looking for sometihng friends and myself can enjoy. I'm watching some things about Darkfall Unholy War atm. Any comments on that?
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Cstahler92
    I'm also looking for sometihng friends and myself can enjoy. I'm watching some things about Darkfall Unholy War atm. Any comments on that?

You and your friends are looking at the right direction :)

Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Can you tell me some things about it? it looks really interesting, but I can't find too much info on it atm. I keep finding just like... bland descriptions lol. Also how much does it cost to buy the game? I tried to check, but was met with heavy resistence on the website. It kept telling me to make an account, but there was no Account creation on the right side!

• NoobalurtNoobalurt Member UncommonPosts: 14
    have you played Rift? 
  • Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

Can you tell me some things about it? it looks really interesting, but I can't find too much info on it atm. I keep finding just like... bland descriptions lol. Also how much does it cost to buy the game? I tried to check, but was met with heavy resistence on the website. It kept telling me to make an account, but there was no Account creation on the right side!

Check out this thread, I've been checking out darkfall lately as well and I'm really excited to play it. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/875/view/forums/thread/370772/page/1

Nothing that's well informed.  Here's the bullet point features list:

KEY FEATURES

Massive Land and Naval PvP Battles: Thousands of players can participate simultaneously in wars and sieges on land and sea, in real-time, on a single server.

A Huge, Seamless World: The world of Agon is a large open world that consists of both land and water and gives the freedom to players to uncover its hidden secrets.

Flexible Roles: Choose role at will, switching from meat shield to master mage to benevolent healer. Players can switch between roles, skills, spells, and ability boosters on the fly. Develop your skills in all roles and experience the game in a multitude of different ways over time or specialize in a single role and be the one your friends depend on to fulfill that calling.

Full Loot: You keep what you kill. Players can loot all of the goods from a slain enemy, and vice versa.

Persistence: Players can affect the fabric of the game world, constructing and fortifying cities across Agon and building empires that last as long as they can defend them.

Full loot PVP and huge world are also key in the original DF.  From what I gather, the UI and combat is newer / faster paced.  I expect the skill system is reworked.  I don't know about PVE, dungeons, raiding, etc.  I haven't heard anything about any major prioritization of PVE.  My guess would be that it's a re-worked sequel with design fixes catering mostly to PVP players.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

the huge navel combat will come later they took it out to make it better than what darkfall had.

an i belive they are tryign to make pve more rewarding

Originally posted by Agrias34

Check out this thread, I've been checking out darkfall lately as well and I'm really excited to play it. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/875/view/forums/thread/370772/page/1

Cool link, thanks.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

That's because no one knows anything at all.  No one has played the game and lived to talk about it.  All of the hype about the game is based on trust in what the dev's have said.   Nothing more.

Originally posted by Noobalurt
    have you played Rift? 

No, but my friends have and from what i heard from them I was not interested. As for Darkfall no one knows the price? I'll read everything (Currently bookmarked) tomorrow when I wake up. So far from what I read though I am pretty excited to look in to it.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    have you played Rift? 

No, but my friends have and from what i heard from them I was not interested. As for Darkfall no one knows the price? I'll read everything (Currently bookmarked) tomorrow when I wake up. So far from what I read though I am pretty excited to look in to it.

Rift isn't worth your time if you've played WoW extensively.

Originally posted by Aviggin
    have you played Rift? 

I played it from launch to Cata. I played MoP, but i'm not in denial like everyone else is about that terrible expansion.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Matter of opinion, I have played WOW extensively and just bought a year sub to rift.  I enjoy rift immensely.

It has a level of difficulty to raiding similar to BC.  The x-pac added a lot of things that were missing like a massive game world.  Alternate leveling routes, new quest types, housing, and several other things.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    have you played Rift? 

I played it from launch to Cata. I played MoP, but i'm not in denial like everyone else is about that terrible expansion.

Actually, Rift might be decent now with their new Storm Legion expansion. WoW's personally the best MMO on the market to me. MoP is actually a pretty good expansion, in my opinion. I think, in general, I'm burnt out on MMO's, which is why I'm bored of everything, though.

Originally posted by ragz45

Matter of opinion, I have played WOW extensively and just bought a year sub to rift.  I enjoy rift immensely.

It has a level of difficulty to raiding similar to BC.  The x-pac added a lot of things that were missing like a massive game world.  Alternate leveling routes, new quest types, housing, and several other things.

I've been thinking about checking it out after hearing about the new expansion idk though. I did have a couple of memebrs in my Guild who tried it and loved it, but eventually they quit playing and went to SW:TOR.

alright so I started reading that thread linked... after reading this:

"From my own perspective, I was a more "hardcore" pvp'er that always rolled in small groups or solo.  In Darkfall, part of running in small groups or solo is that you are going to die...a lot.  It takes time to get accustomed to losing everything in your backpack every time you die, but you do get used to it.  When you roam solo it helps to wear good gear and I personally became accustomed to losing large quantities of infernal, the second highest tier of armor."

I've got to say that I am sold and can't wait to hear the price. I loved PKing in Runescape, loved the risk of the wilderness, and loved the feeling of a job well done and getting back safetly ior fighting my way back.

Does anyone know when it will be on Steam?

Last I heard, release is December 12th.  I'm wondering if there's a two tiered startup where early adopters get in a few days ahead or not.  From reading the FAQ, I don't think anyone knows.

One comment I did chuckle at was someone who said (paraphrased) "a delay isn't out of the question".  Darkfall's beta was pushed back a couple times before it actually got started on a large scale.  I'm hoping they've learned the lesson and this one is ready to go.

Last I heard, release is December 12th.  I'm wondering if there's a two tiered startup where early adopters get in a few days ahead or not.  From reading the FAQ, I don't think anyone knows.

One comment I did chuckle at was someone who said (paraphrased) "a delay isn't out of the question".  Darkfall's beta was pushed back a couple times before it actually got started on a large scale.  I'm hoping they've learned the lesson and this one is ready to go.

I'd prefer it go on Steam on Launch day lol. I want to use cash to buy it (Steam wallet card) so that my parents are unaware of the action.

I'd prefer it go on Steam on Launch day lol. I want to use cash to buy it (Steam wallet card) so that my parents are unaware of the action.

I understand completely.  Our youngest finished college two years ago.  What they don't know won't hurt them *grin*.

I understand completely.  Our youngest finished college two years ago.  What they don't know won't hurt them *grin*.

I ended up spending birthday money on it, but as of now I regret it and am probably going to dispute the charge. From what I've seen I'm unimpressed with the customization (It looks like a downgrade from the first one), the blind part of the communtiy who believes AV can do no wrong is getting old, and AV's Customer Support is just God awful. I got 5 minutes in the beta before I crashed and I moved forward. After that I have been waiting all day to hear AV respond and say something, but as usual they have kept players in the dark. Which is a concern for me and which is why I'll try it, but I'm still looking for an MMO.

What I would like:

Housing

Full Loot (If possible)

Customization

Races that don't only look like slightly altered humans