Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Which MMORPG will be better?

Simple question, out of the Elder Scrolls Online or EQ:Next.

I understand that EQ:Next has very little information but based on what we know of each what seems to be the better offering?

Comments

• itstheclimaxitstheclimax Member Posts: 22
    both will be major disappointments, but EQ will be worse.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

EQ Next is hyped to have sandbox features but since it is SOE we are talking about I strongly doubt that it will be the case.

Elder Scrolls Online, from what I have read, will not be like Skyrim. Which means no open world but probably linear ThemePark.

So I would say both games will be pretty poor. Only indy companies can produce any innovative MMOs so I will be looking for those games. I am done with so called triple A MMOs.

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by itstheclimax

I think quite the opposite. EQ is being developed by an experienced mmorpg gaming team at soe while ESO is the first attempt at this genre by zenimax.

• MMOBaconzMMOBaconz Member Posts: 20
    ESO is shaping to be a typical themepark type game with raid dependant lewtz.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Axehandle
    Originally posted by itstheclimax

I think quite the opposite. EQ is being developed by an experienced mmorpg gaming team at soe while ESO is the first attempt at this genre by zenimax.

except the people at zenimax aren't exactly new to the genre.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I'm only going to buy one of them, whichever has a track record of using the fantasy races I like most.

Those races are

High Elf

Dark Elf

Wood Elf

Lizard Person

Cat Person

Clearly there is only one choice for me.

Originally posted by MMOBaconz
    ESO is shaping to be a typical themepark type game with raid dependant lewtz.

Seems that way to me also.

So this is basically sandbox vs themepark. 

Provided soe is really making a sandbox like they claim.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

How the hell is anyone supposed to know this?

We can say with we 'want' to be better.

For me it's EQ: Next. I think the setting and lore of ES games is poor and narrowminded.. also generally uninteresting. I also don't like what I've seen from the art style.. the videos show a much less gritty ES world and is slightly cartoony (slightly). I prefer the high fantasy setting of EQ. Plus, from the sounds of it EQ: Next is at least attempting to do something different. They might fail trying but that's where I stand at the moment.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Both will suck. It does not matter which one will suck more.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Both are so meh that I must be a misanthrope

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by dinams
    Both are so meh that I must be a misanthrope

Well you do play Mmorpg's and are a member of this site. To others we are all gay nerds.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I'm banking on EQ next to be the better game.they have a successful track record, despite what people think.I think some of those sounding off are still bitter from SWG.
    Originally posted by tank017
    I'm banking on EQ next to be the better game.they have a successful track record, despite what people think.I think some of those sounding off are still bitter from SWG.

So few have faith in ESO. It's failing before its even launched to capture the support of some it seems.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Where is wildstar?
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Bad poll! Pathfinder Online those two listed won't be MMORPGs just MMOs like we always see.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Voted misanthrope.

TESO might end up being a great game, but from what I've seen it is so far distanced from TES that it cannot live up to its IP.

SOE and a sandbox?  I'm doubtful.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

As long as players won't overhype these games and have reasonable expectations :) both might be decent games. I hope that both will bring something different to the table, so there will be even more variety.

It seems that devs scrapped initial EQnext design and aiming for something new... hopefully their ideas will be interesting.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Thorbrand
    Bad poll! Pathfinder Online those two listed won't be MMORPGs just MMOs like we always see.

Bad poll? But I made option 3 just to pacify asshats like you.

Poor form sir, poor form.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Axehandle

Originally posted by tank017

So few have faith in ESO. It's failing before its even launched to capture the support of some it seems.

When u take on the ES title, you're game is going to compete with the single player games.I just don't think it'll turn out well.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Neither. There is always more information than needed for players to make an educated decision about a game before it launches.

Its always the players fault for working themselves into a frenzy and setting themselves up to be disapointed.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Both will suck. It does not matter which one will suck more.

Unfortunately I have to image.

• mochipixelsmochipixels Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Voted misanthrope, but deep down inside I know I'm a good person. *whistles*
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    EQ Next has the most potential, the trick is can they pull it off..   If SOE will take the best of EQ, and take a little of EQ2 and SWG, they may end up with a long term success...... BUT.. BUT..  with SOE is like a box of chocoalates, you never know what you're gonna get.. 
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

The little bit I heard about TESO, it sounds like poo.

EQ is what brought me originally into the graphical MUD games in the first place and I enjoyed EQ2 too, so there is a wee hope in my heart that EQNext will be a kickbutt game.

However, I am not really holding out that much hope. Hype has broken my poor widdle heart *sob*

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

TESO is already junk, we have been down this road, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, but many times. Devs are going to over hype simplistic features and gimicks. Its nothing more than a cash in on the popular Elder Scrolls title. It will work, thats one thing that has been proven sucessful about these things. The gamer will yet again be fleeced out of money. They will make a profit on it because the development cost will be low due to stream lined production and corner cutting.

EQ next is atleast trying to do something different, and if done right will be highly succesfull in its own right. But it is still a long ways off. Unfortunatly.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI