Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW1 vs GW2

grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Simple.

Personally, I think ANET took a big step sideways.  I do not think they improved the original game, but instead created a wholly different one.

Which do you think is the better?  I think GW1 is the better of the two.

Comments

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by grimal

Simple.

That's like comparing fish with tartar sauce to an identical fish with slightly more tartar sauce.

Madness!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Axehandle

Simple.

That's like comparing fish with tartar sauce to an identical fish with slightly more tartar sauce.

Madness!

Sure, if one hasn't a taste for fish.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Simple.

Madness!

I don't like fish. Can we change this to turkey or chicken? Or perhaps even brisket?

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I did not like GW1 at all and I only like GW2 a little. But, I think GW2 has huge potential and I think it will eventually end up being a homerun.
  • AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Simple.

Madness!

I don't like fish. Can we change this to turkey or chicken? Or perhaps even brisket?

Nope you selfish bastards fish is the only thing on the menu. ArenaNet never make turkey,chicken or brisket on Tuesdays ever!

....god.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Simple.

Madness!

Try different types of fish. You'll find one you like. Shark, Swordfish, Salmon, Tuna...lost of good ones!!

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

It's really hard to answer this one. GW1 has an awesome character development system with almost too much customization, but GW2 is extremely beautiful, more balanced and fluid. I'd still vote for GW1 if I absolutely had to, but I'd wait for an expansion until judging GW2. Let's keep in mind that GW1 was very different from the game it is today when it came out.

So, because they're too close, too different and GW1 has a big nostalgia bonus, I chose the third option.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    GW1 for sure.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Thats a toughy,they're both good games in their own right.both have strengths and weaknesses....what the hell, its a draw.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Coop game vs mmorpg.

I will take the mmorpg. Also gw1 loses simply because it does not have jump. That was a huuuuuuge fail for me.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Didn't agree with the direction of WvW, the whole "MMORPG" thingy and making it easier to balance... They had to give too much, I think. And they did an admirable job with balancing with the previous title.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Mosdef GW2

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I'd give it to GW2. I enjoy GW1, but the combat always just felt bleh to me. I enjoyed the depth of the combat mechanics, but the presentation was really lacking.

GW2 I really enjoy the presentation of the combat, and wish the combat had a little more depth. But in this case the presentation outweighs the lack of depth if that makes sense lol.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    GW1 was great. GW2 is better. I miss some aspects of GW1, but I wouldn't give up on the random groupings that can occur. GW1 was very predictable and that is the downfall of many games.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

GW1 by a small margin. It did some things better, GW2 others.

However GW2 lacks the diversity of skills to keep it interesting. I realise they did it for balance purposes, but its something they need to improve pretty soon.

Having the first 5 skills dictated by weapon choice and having weapon swapping is neat, but it severely limits customisation. Yes I realise traits change them up a bit, but essentially youll pick the appropriate traits for your weapon choice, making the choice irrelevant. They need to have unlockable variations of weapon skills, that suit multiple builds, so that it isnt just 1 or 2 weapon choices for each type of build.  I would love to see all weapon types be viable for all builds, with some variability between weapon choice obviously.

Also the GW1 missions were a lot more fun than GW2 dungeons. They got it right with fractals, but the release dungeons are a mess and to be honest are just a chore to run through. Open world content is far better, and I would like to see difficulty and rewards for the Deity events in Orr beefed up, same with the 3 dragons. 

Anyway, I always knew that GW2 would be my go to game for PvP, same as GW1 was, and it hasnt disappointed. The sPvP is the best in the genre. For me, PvE was always going to be a temporary pass time to see the world and lore, not an eternal grind.  

• mochipixelsmochipixels Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I wanted a Waffles option to vote for, but I voted GW1 instead.  It wins by just a little bit.