Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New info?

Apparently more info on the game is being released by the end of this year. Does anyone know when they might do something like that? Is there some upcoming CCP or WoD event that might make sense for an announcement about the game to be given?

Comments

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Fratman
    Apparently more info on the game is being released by the end of this year. Does anyone know when they might do something like that? Is there some upcoming CCP or WoD event that might make sense for an announcement about the game to be given?

I would like to hear more as well.  As long as they stay similar to the Vampore the Masquerade theme and not commercialize it too much it should be pretty good.

• GeinochGeinoch Member Posts: 17

If I remember well, they were supposed to talk about the game this September at a grand masquarade event or something like that.

Sorry for my english

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

No Grand Masquerade this year, so the announcement won't be made there.

http://www.mindseyesociety.org/2012/06/open-letter-from-ccp/#more-1359

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Well I hope by the holiday season then. I don't see this game coming till like 2014-2015. Hopefully they give up some juicy details to sink our teeth into!

Rawr!

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

the video from eve fanfest said end of the year.. probably around christmas?

I'm really looking forward to new infos too, probably some gameplay scenes

• Nosferatu4UNosferatu4U Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

At this point I would like anything to confirm they are still moving forward.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Nosferatu4U

At this point I would like anything to confirm they are still moving forward.

It has already been confirmed on EvE fanfest 2012 and they said they will probably release the next news end of the year.

Watch the video presentation on youtube, all the details we need atm

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    I don't expect this game or any beta of it for that matter to appear before 2015. I'll be surprised if there's any big news at the end of the year, but we'll see. I'd be pleasantly surprised if that were the case, but not keeping my hopes up.
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

the video from eve fanfest said end of the year.. probably around christmas?

Yeap. But they also announced that they would invest once again more resource into DUST, and that WoD have to step back for a while. So i doubt that we will see this year a lot, if anything at all.

We/I just can hope that they finish DUST already, and start to focus with all their resources into WoD. But yeah.. i dont see a release date anytime soon. 2014/15 earliest. I would really wish it would be earlier.. but well hopefull wishing.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Dust should really fall into....you know. 

It's about time CCP gets serious about this game. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Anyone know how the combat system works?
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Dust, the impending fail.

Console games have a short shelf-life, and I don't see how Dust is going to matter.  Most people who play consoles don't even know what EVE is, and if they did, still wouldn't play it.  I'm still so confused by the effort put into that game.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

OK, it´s gettig ridiculous, I really want some new info on WoD.. NOW!

Checking here every day and-- nothing

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• CapComicCapComic Member UncommonPosts: 1

i think they want to beat Duke nukem forever.

i dont understand ccp this game was started 2006 or something and now we have 6 years later and nothing going on...

• leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135

I don't think they're going to give us any information until 2013's fanfest...

or maybe even later :(

As CCP admitted, they're hiding this game for now to let Dust 514 shine. Like in the EVE fanfest 2012 video, they release that "in-game footage"... I don't care what they say but this game was announced back in late 2006! Even the laziest development team could have came up with something more that just blocks of buildings and street lights and cars and yet... and yet...

World of Darkness~

Featuring the sad story of an adopted/unborn child's battle against his two sisters for her parents' love~

• RaamRaam Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by leoo88556

As CCP admitted, they're hiding this game for now to let Dust 514 shine. Like in the EVE fanfest 2012 video, they release that "in-game footage"... I don't care what they say but this game was announced back in late 2006! Even the laziest development team could have came up with something more that just blocks of buildings and street lights and cars and yet... and yet...

World of Darkness~

Featuring the sad story of an adopted/unborn child's battle against his two sisters for her parents' love~

I think you're spot on.

CCP has for World of Darkness, not had a tendency of just splurting out information unless it had a very high relevance for the actual moment.

I think the fanfest is the best bet currently of when we'll be provided with any proper news.

- Signed by, Raam KxThorath
    Founder/admin of the unofficial World of Darkness facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/wodmmo/

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by leoo88556

World of Darkness~

Yeah, but this is all ridiculous if you ask me. World of Darkness has a much bigger potential to explode into a MMO phenomenon than EVE + Dust combined ever will. Besides, if CCP doesn't believe in WoD, why did they buy it in the first place? It's weird. WoD was supposed to be the way CCP could get to millions of gamers instead of just the hundreds of thousands who are into EvE.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Weren´t there rumors that more infos would be released "later this year" ?

Well the year will end in a few hours, so better hurry up CCP!!

ah well, hopefully in 2013..

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Last concrete information I read about WoD was over a year ago.  I thought I read something that mentioned they wouldn't have anything to show us until around 2014, 2015...?  The New Orleans announcement was a VERY early announcement.
  • SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

All of the info I've seen up until now indicates that there is essentially a skeleton crew working on WoD "in their spare time" almost as a sideline project, CCP had to refocus on EVE & DUST 514 as their bread&butter and laid off staff, a good portion of whom were WoD team members.

WoD is essentially on life support with occassional checks until 514 is out the door, I'd be surprised to hear anythiung on it until 2014 when they may ramp up production again post-514 release.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Skuz

All of the info I've seen up until now indicates that there is essentially a skeleton crew working on WoD "in their spare time" almost as a sideline project, CCP had to refocus on EVE & DUST 514 as their bread&butter and laid off staff, a good portion of whom were WoD team members.

WoD is essentially on life support with occassional checks until 514 is out the door, I'd be surprised to hear anythiung on it until 2014 when they may ramp up production again post-514 release.

Just an update (c'mon, it's not that old of a necro), but massively's article posted that CCP now has 70 people on the WoD team.  Woot.

• ace5572ace5572 Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Dust, the impending fail.

Console games have a short shelf-life, and I don't see how Dust is going to matter.  Most people who play consoles don't even know what EVE is, and if they did, still wouldn't play it.  I'm still so confused by the effort put into that game.

There are a ton of people playing in the PS3 beta right now. And i mean a TON. As long as CCP integrates the two games together properly, they will keep the playerbase, it'll be a success. It'll get the word out on EVE at the same time.

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39

Chris told me personally now Fanfest is over to not expect any new major news until next year (2014).

Also there are currently ~70 devs working in this MMO now that DUST is out the door, so it's far from dead or stagnant. Also keep in mind yes it was announced ~ 2006 or so but those first couple of years was document design, goals and then creating a working prototype called "Year One". A playable demo per se of all the core features they wanted. They then scraped the demo and started from the ground up on the real game. This was the reason for a lot of the delay. 50% of the time people think they have been working on the game they actually haven't been. The game in development now only started about 2010 or so. Loaning out devs to DUST an EVE past year or so certainly has not helped progress. But now with all that over they are dedicating to this game.

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net