It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Continuing from my last Post about Quests in MMO, most of the views of the forum is that Quests are needed, but at their current form, its tedious and boring.
So What do people think of Random Quest Generators?
Instead of chains of quests that needed to be completed in order, each player chooses 1 quest that they wanted to do, depending on choice during the quest, they get randomly generated follow up quests.
Lets use examples:
1) 4 player group, finishes Quest A
2) each player gets an different B quest option
3) They decided to continue the path down Player 1's Quest
4) The quest continues and one of the players decided to go to bed.
5) They found another player around the neighborhood, and the other player can join right in and get participation credit.
6) Each person gets their own rewards. And can veer off course anytime they wanted, but once an decision has been made, it can't be unmade.
And when completed, different quests and different events will unfold for your character, that you can pick up more players to help you accomplish them without penalizing them.
so basically, moving decisions from Raids and Instances into the world and have those choice matter. If its an enviromental and world impact, then have all roads lead to the same end, but like many said, its the Journey that matters. Therefore, having many journey paths creates uniquness and makes your character more alive.
Does anyone agree?
Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.