Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to play tis game but..

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
I don't feel its right to have to pay 80 bucks for 2 expansions in a game that is supposed to be free to play, I am a prvious sub from back before it went f2p, and yeah.. That whole expansion needing business is really turning me off from bothering with the game again, its bad enough there are 2 out you need to buy but there is also a 3rd xpac that will also be 40 bucks coming. IMO if the game is f2p these should be free and not be something your charged for. Then again the only xpac really worth getting of the 3 is the one that add's mercs and i think the beastlord class, the other one is kinda.. meh at best. But still, I don't know I am pretty torn on what to do, I wish someone would explain exactly how the merc system works or something.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    [mod edit]. If SOE didn't charge for something, how long would their "free" game survive? Anyway, it's not like you actually need those expansions to play, they're just nice to have.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Normaly with EQ2 expansions is if you buy one you get all the older ones as well. I do believe if you buy chains of eternity you get the vellious expansion which includes all the other 6.

And you realy dont need them.

But if you are new, 39.99 for 7-8 expansions is not a huge price.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by CasualMaker
    [mod edit]. If SOE didn't charge for something, how long would their "free" game survive? Anyway, it's not like you actually need those expansions to play, they're just nice to have.

Last I checked your nickle and dimed for anything cept a few races and the most basic of classes :P. But I planned to sub anyway since the f2p restrictions are pretty brutal. I just don't like the idea of needing to buy expansions thats all. I have most of them already cept the 2 newest ones, maybe 3.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Then again the only xpac really worth getting of the 3 is the one that add's mercs and i think the beastlord class, the other one is kinda.. meh at best. But still, I don't know I am pretty torn on what to do, I wish someone would explain exactly how the merc system works or something.

i agree w you that i wish SOE would return to their earlier model where latest expansion includes everything

COE includes DOV -- but the DOV expansion is worthless unless you are level 86+

AOD mercs are decent

you are only allowed to have 1 merc at a time, the ingame fee for using mercs scales with your level and I have always found mercs affordable -- even at level 1  (after having done 3 quests)

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    AoD should be going on the cheap soon. It's not really and expansion, it's more of an add-on. With it you get mercs, dungeon maker and a new class. The newer one is more for the higher levels. SOE also started to loosen their hold on the free tiers. I payed five bucks for silver and now i can use the broker more, and if you want items that are legendary and up, it's 25 SC coins per (i counted, it's about 300 for all slots) and don't forget the money cap is off for good so you can buy a Krono or two. You don't have to pay 80 bucks to play the game, you are paying 80 bucks to enhance the game. I've been playing since last month and i've been more addicted to it than the first EQ.