Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Alpha Phase Complete

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The War Z development team has announced that the alpha phase has officially wrapped up and the game ready to move to beta. To celebrate the transition, several key features are being added based on alpha tester feedback.

With the start of Beta, The War Z development team is introducing some highly sought after content and features, including:

• New Characters – new playable characters

• Clan Support – in-game clan tags, in-game clan chat, visual markers for clan members

• New Playable Area – final section of the “Colorado” game world opened up, increasing current map size by 50 percent

• New Items – players will have access to new items in the game marketplace

Find out more about The War Z.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

nice- its been a rought Alpha for them, Many costumners who bought the game didnt conprehend that it was Alpha-and thought they were paying for a full beta/playable game, i guess thats what you get when a game tries to be nice and let the public play an alpha or beta-the forums were flaming.

nevertheless- its an awsome game-look forward for its offical release! If you like Walking Dead Series=this is for you!

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by orbitxo

nice- its been a rought Alpha for them, Many costumners who bought the game didnt conprehend that it was Alpha-and thought they were paying for a full beta/playable game, i guess thats what you get when a game tries to be nice and let the public play an alpha or beta-the forums were flaming.

nevertheless- its an awsome game-look forward for its offical release! If you like Walking Dead Series=this is for you!

Oh come on, trying to be nice?  No, they were either looking for, or needed an injection of cash.  Regardless if it was an alpha or not, they sold a product to people, they need to deal with the blowback.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    yes they did sell an alpha. normally people would have a right to be upset. however they stressed it before they even sold it THIS WAS ALPHA. so if anyone was upset after they bought it obviously didn't do much reading before they did so.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Nice game, too bad there is cheaters in every server :/

When u get gun and food/water, there is nothing to do. just make 1 shot with gun and cheaters come kill u.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by aleos
    yes they did sell an alpha. normally people would have a right to be upset. however they stressed it before they even sold it THIS WAS ALPHA. so if anyone was upset after they bought it obviously didn't do much reading before they did so.

I dont get this "right to be upset" thing, regardless of such a right, people are going to be upset, go on reddits and forums and facebook and twitter and blast the company.  The company made a bad mistake selling the alpha and its going to take some heat for that mistake.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I dont really see that much has changed since Oct 15th when the alpha went on sale.  More map, a few new char models and new items in the store you can buy with real money.  What else has changed?  It is still a generic COD with zombies in the background.  Everyone runs around killing everyone for no real reason and other than find weapons and kill someone, there is nothing else to do in the game.  Then throw in the hacking and server jumping issues plus having to pay for clan slots and you end up with a small niche game that most people will try and leave.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    So you guys are serious that ppl actually ppl rant about not knowing that the game is in alpha/beta? 
    Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by mymmo
    So you guys are serious that ppl actually ppl rant about not knowing that the game is in alpha/beta? 

Nah people mostly ranting about the company keeps promising things will be due out at certain times when in fact they mutliple times push back everything they announce everytime...I have been in betas, alphas etc for more then 15+ years now and I clearly know what one is and this one has had a horrible dev cycle.

Even at one point the producer admitted this was not even up to alpha stage and apologized.

I was turned off when the Producer used the world "fag" among other things and had shown to be very unprofessional at times.

Game is slowly coming along but alot of what was promised would was either added weeks after the deadline announce or still has yet to be added. they clearl have never run an mmo and I think are learning to be cautious when giving deadlines now.

AS one poster said they could not afford a in house test team so by marketing the alpha they got one and a influx of cash to keep the development going.

all in all has potential if anythign its teh people making it that will casue its demise if that happens not the actual game concept.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by wayubb
    Originally posted by mymmo

Nah people mostly ranting about the company keeps promising things will be due out at certain times when in fact they mutliple times push back everything they announce everytime...I have been in betas, alphas etc for more then 15+ years now and I clearly know what one is and this one has had a horrible dev cycle.

Even at one point the producer admitted this was not even up to alpha stage and apologized.

Allright. Thanks for the heads up :). I did for awhile lost faith in the internet dwellers when I believed that they did rant about buying a alpha and expecting a full functional game.

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Nice game, too bad there is cheaters in every server :/

When u get gun and food/water, there is nothing to do. just make 1 shot with gun and cheaters come kill u.

The cheating/hacking is not as bad as many make it out to be.  There are always people in games like this that cry hacking whenever and however they die, that makes the problem seem worse then it is.  I am not saying there is no hacking but I think there are a lot of people who think everytime someone kills them its a hack.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I am having lots of fun with this game and already got my moneys worth out of it.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by Derros

I dont get this "right to be upset" thing, regardless of such a right, people are going to be upset, go on reddits and forums and facebook and twitter and blast the company.  The company made a bad mistake selling the alpha and its going to take some heat for that mistake.

People have no justifiable reason to be pissed is what im getting at.

Game was stressed to the public. This is Alpha. You're buying an Alpha.

so to anyone who didnt read and are unsatisfied with the "game."

It's your own damn fault. You were told the car hand no windshield. bought it anyway. Got pissed when it rained. Deal with it.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

It's your own damn fault. You were told the car hand no windshield. bought it anyway. Got pissed when it rained. Deal with it.

If they were ethical, they should not be "selling" any type of beta or testing build.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Amen to that, Nitth
  • SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Nitth

If they were ethical, they should not be "selling" any type of beta or testing build.

NO ethical breach has been done. If they sold it as a complete game fully tested....then yes. Here they very clearly in big print announced it is/was in alpha state and put a price on it with some extra stuff included (store currency. special title..etc.) depending on the package you purchased. Some people purchased the offer that appealed to them. The consumer was was well informed before purchase. If you are not satisfied it is simply that the game is not for you , you failed to read , couldn't control your impulse to purchase or more than one of the above. The developer is not to blame. Accept some responsibility people come on.

• Just-The-FactsJust-The-Facts Member UncommonPosts: 35

Ethical? If you are looking for ethical business practices in this day and age then you sir are quite naive and I envy you - for ignorance is bliss, as they say.

It is the CONSUMER's responsibility to research the product(s) they are buying and in this case not much research was needed since Hammerpoint Interactive came right out and and stated plain as day what they were selling. Ethics or not it was a smart move by a company that needed a quick source of revenue in order to keep the game production flowing.

Not at one single point in time did this company falsify what it was offering so it simply boggles the mind that blame could be pointed at the developers, if you aren't interested in the product then move on and if you purchased the game and feel cheated then learn to do some research before you buy anything in the future.

However, moving past wether the company is "Ethical" or not the core of this entire argument still remains that....

Your money = Your responsibility

Learn to take responsibility for your actions and we will all be better off.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by kbkid73

Ethical? If you are looking for ethical business practices in this day and age then you sir are quite naive and I envy you - for ignorance is bliss, as they say.

It is the CONSUMER's responsibility to research the product(s) they are buying and in this case not much research was needed since Hammerpoint Interactive came right out and and stated plain as day what they were selling. Ethics or not it was a smart move by a company that needed a quick source of revenue in order to keep the game production flowing.

Not at one single point in time did this company falsify what it was offering so it simply boggles the mind that blame could be pointed at the developers, if you aren't interested in the product then move on and if you purchased the game and feel cheated then learn to do some research before you buy anything in the future.

However, moving past wether the company is "Ethical" or not the core of this entire argument still remains that....

Your money = Your responsibility

Learn to take responsibility for your actions and we will all be better off.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

+1

Ppl should learn how to be adults

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

omg i bought a game that told me from the beginning it was an alpha ..... and now i found bugs. OMG.

are people really that stupid?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

OMG I bought a game that told me from the beginning it was an alpha... and then I found it wasnt even close to being in alpha and it was just a cheap COD game like WAR Inc except with zombies in the background.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

OMG I wanted to buy this game and so I went on multiple forums and watched the few early gameplay videos they released, I found out that the developers were the same ones who made War Inc and that the backbone of War Z was built off that games engine and then I purchased said game and found out that...wow my research paid off and I got exactly what I paid for.

Opinions are fun! Facts are boring!

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Its a fun game. not found a hacker yet.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

First off asking someone to PAY to test your alpha code is beyond rude.  This game is basically a scam to separate you your money into their pockets.

"Its a fun game. not found a hacker yet.'

Right and you obviously have not played the game then or are oblivious to what a hacker looks like, hackers are everywhere in this game.

• furdudefurdude Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

First off asking someone to PAY to test your alpha code is beyond rude.  This game is basically a scam to separate you your money into their pockets.

Right and you obviously have not played the game then or are oblivious to what a hacker looks like, hackers are everywhere in this game.

No one made you buy it. They stated it was in alpha up front. How is it a scam when they are upfront about it?

You just sound like some cry baby I WANT EVERY FEATURE NAOOWW

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Since when is "asking" someone...being rude? [mod edit]. Hammerpoint Interactive didnt "ask" anyone anything...they flat out TOLD you...Hey we are selling copies of our unfinished game, if you would like to purchase one and help us test the game out then pull up your big boy pants and make the purchase, if not then good luck to you and maybe we will see you at launch....no scam, END OF STORY!

Time to grow up boy and girls, you are the masters of your own destiny!

As far as hackers are concerned...OF COURSE THERE ARE HACKERS...its a multiplayer game isnt it? My buddy and I got taken out by one today, massive aimbot and ESP hacker. Did we stop playing? No we loaded a new character and off we went on another post-apocalyptic adventure because the truth of the matter is more often than not we don't run into hackers on a daily basis....just like EVERY OTHER MULTIPLAYER GAME OUT THERE.