Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

scammish problem with sony cards.

itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

decided to try EQ2 again because i'm getting a bit rifted out.

i got a 25 $ card from a local CVS, navigated my way to my EQ2 account with the notion of getting it converted to game time.

i got onto the EQ2 web site and went to manage my game passes... there was a "become a member" button.

clicked that.

under a big heading GOLD MEMBERSHIP there's an option to enter a code.

i enter the code and voila. 2500 station cash. er, what happened to the gold membership? I doublecheck my work and it appears i've entered the code where it says "GOLD MEMBERSHIP" but yet, here i am with 2500 station cash and no membership. there was not even an option to choose whether to apply station cash or to apply gold membership.

on the card it states "can be used for items or membership fees"

i cant be the only one who has had this happen to them. i'm gonna hope SOE reps respond with a good answer because at first glance it looks like a really unethical way of getting people to spend unwanted money. Especially because (apparently) you cant even buy the expansions with station cash. it looks to only be for in game items now (i remember it used to be usable as SC---> game time)

questions suggestions tips? thanks in advance.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Comments

• DethevanDethevan Member UncommonPosts: 60

Actually you can still redeem them for subs, that's what I have been playing on this past month. So please take a breath and wait for SoE to repsond before jumping to conclusions about a scam.

Just to make sure you dotted your I's and crossed your T's:

1. You went to Subscription Info after logging into your account on the website.
    2. You Clicked renew subscription and from the list you put in your code at Redeem-A-Code
    3. You clicked the option to recieve  game time and the remainder of your SC card

Also they took subs out the SC Store if that's what you were wanting because they added Krono game time that is sold in game for around 800p+ depending on the server.  They were also having some issues with buying Expacs with SC so they took that out as well. 

Currently playing EverQuest 2

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

talk to SOE support

EQ2 Customer Support
    https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939
    Customer Support

Our Support staff is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays). There are three ways to contact our Support staff:

1. Live Chat - If you cannot find the answer through the Knowledge Base you can chat directly with a technical support agent using Live Chat. Chat Support is available Monday through Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm PST (excluding holidays).
    2. Open a Support Ticket - Click here to email a Support Representative directly.
    3. Phone Support - Account, billing, and technical help for is available at 858 537-0898, Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays).

* NOTE: If you are having trouble contacting us through an already existing account, or cannot contact us by phone, please create a temporary Station Account and Click here to submit a ticket through the help site using the new account. Make sure to include the name of the account that you wish to address in your ticket. We will then help you recover your regular account.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Dethevan

Actually you can still redeem them for subs

The Walmart ones you can.

Maybe the CVS ones are less common (also possibly not supposed to be stocked by CVS) so the system doesnt have it as an option.

Either way, Im sure the CS will help you out.

Just keep in mind, if the card doesnt mention game time and only station cash its not a scam, just a consumer making assumptions.  My experience as a retail store manager for 12 years is that 95% of things people cry 'scam' over are either a) an error or b) customer stupidity.  And b is FAR more common than a.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

ok i got off the phone with SOE.

i'll just make this a public service announcement.

the 25$ cards from CVS are unlike other cards.  they are station cash only.  ONLY.  (the guy from the phone support had never even heard of the cards) .  Essentially every other card in existance will let you pay for a gold membership with it but not that one.  the only game that you can buy membership from with those cards is free realms, which is the only game where they let you buy membership with SC.

i told the guy who was extremely nice that it was a pretty silly thing to have one card that was different than the others and he agreed.  i didnt get mad at him or anything because i knew it wasnt his fault.

but i figured i'd mention this to anyone else who wants to use game cards for game time:

**the 25$ SOE card can not be redeemed for game time, other than free realms!!!**

i am kind of still angry at SOE for doing something silly like this but i will probably gt over it.  possibly after some therapy with my good friend tom collins :S

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by itchmon

ok i got off the phone with SOE.

i'll just make this a public service announcement.

the 25$ cards from CVS are unlike other cards.  they are station cash only.  ONLY.  (the guy from the phone support had never even heard of the cards) .  Essentially every other card in existance will let you pay for a gold membership with it but not that one.  the only game that you can buy membership from with those cards is free realms, which is the only game where they let you buy membership with SC.

I can't say this greatly surprises me; the fact that the card was $25 is a bit of a giveaway (at least to someone with experience with SOE subscriptions). Their standard monthly sub rate is U$14.99, so the $15 cards are the closest equivalent. A 60-day sub card (if any still exist) would be $30, not $25.

ya, it was odd, the price that is.  i figured it would get pro-rated.  the same way that your game card gets pro-rated if you use it for all access (which is more than 15/month but can still be purchased for the 15$ cards).

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

With all these free to play and subscription MMORPGs on Steam nowadays, you'd think the Steam store would offer the option to buy subscription time through it.

Since steam wallet funds can be added with a prepaid card from Gamestop, it'd make it a bit easier to pay for gametime for a variety of MMORPGs with cash.

Also, good to know about the CVS cards.  Do you know if they sell any other type there?  such as a 15 dollar can be used for gametime one?

Originally posted by kadepsyson

With all these free to play and subscription MMORPGs on Steam nowadays, you'd think the Steam store would offer the option to buy subscription time through it.

Since steam wallet funds can be added with a prepaid card from Gamestop, it'd make it a bit easier to pay for gametime for a variety of MMORPGs with cash.

Also, good to know about the CVS cards.  Do you know if they sell any other type there?  such as a 15 dollar can be used for gametime one?

1) GREAT suggestion RE: steam !  i hope somebody is listening.

2) at my cvs (and i mean that literally in a sense, i wortk at one) we only have the 25 bucks unredeemable-for-gametime cards.

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins