Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reloaded: GW2

AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

I joined GW2 and played it much like I did GW. 

My brother decided to join me and couldn't muster the graphics (cause he is cheap). After a looong wait, he finally logged on and we shared many good adventures, PvP, etc...

Just like GW, I put GW2 on the back burner and moved on to other things... it happens. I have been thoroughly entertained with GW2 and would 'Like it' any way possible. There are some nuances that don't suit my taste but so be it. In the history of online gaming, there has never been a perfect game. I deal with it.

I dealt with the blatent botting, the silly achievements and the low-reward loot system. I've enjoyed the scenery, hated the dungeons and loved helping people with events. GW2 is a nice game for what it's worth. I will eventually log on and cap more classes just because I can.

When people realize that gaming isn't about the end and more about a new beginning, they might find a lining of happiness. 

F2P doesn't get any prettier outside of the work put into GW2. 

Ataaka

Comments

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

OP, ask yourself:

Do you honestly think this deserved it's own thread?

• Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57

I think it deserves a thread; it resonates with some people.  His point; GW2 is a game you can put down for a while, but still feel GOOD about it.

I kind of feel bad for purchasing DayZ/Arma2 because of all the hackers ruining the game.  It's much better now with server-side script detection, but still risky.  And now the community is fragmented across private hives and so on.

I really wish I learned to get out of WoW sooner than I did, which was ~2 years ago.  I look back and feel sick at the time spent on fun that was nothing.

I stopped playing GW2 a couple months ago when CS:GO came out.  I would vote 5 star on any poll about GW2, but for some reason I'm just not in the mood for it.  But I know it's there, waiting for me, and my sharp eared Asuran is there too, fully geared, not deminished in capability (besides the patch nerfs which kind of don't effect my gameplay style though).  I feel good knowing the game is there and I can come back and my time has not gone to waste.  It has given nostalgia within a few months.

I think of WoW's nostalgia and it makes me nausious.  I don't want to tell someone I played WoW, lol....  If someone asks me if I play/played GW2 - "Hell yeah!  That game is awesome!"

But, it's on the shelf right now while I play CS:GO, Planetside2, and DayZ with my friend.  I'll be back at some point, maybe very soon as they fixed the FOV.

• Originally posted by Vexus_X

I think it deserves a thread; it resonates with some people.  His point; GW2 is a game you can put down for a while, but still feel GOOD about it.

That is definitely one of the best things about GW2. You don't need to worry about other costs, you just buy the game and then do what you like.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Vexus_X

This. I don't think it is fair that a lot of MMO players always feel badly about an MMO which they don't play anymore. I don't understand why people can't leave a game feeling good about it. It is silly to see people play MMO X for 1-2 years and then they quit and they talk about how horrible MMO X was. Can't you just realise that you got bored of MMO X and you moved on to other games? Why does it always to have to be a love-hate relationship with MMOs.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.