Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Washed out graphics

KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
I love this game, but the graphics are washed out and pale.   I am running it on high settings.  The gamma seems very high even though I have the brightness turned down to zero.   Any ideas?

Comments

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    *shrugs* BF3?

Uhh... what?

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323
    I don't have this problem.  Not sure, could be your monitor/tv settings?  I play on an LCD TV and it has multiple picture/color mode settings.  I used to have it set to a mode where everthing was more blue than I'd prefer it to be.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    That's news to me. I don't notice any washed out graphics.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

show us an example of what you mean

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Textures/colors look fine too me, whatever anti aliasing they have implemented is pretty irritating though. I sincerely hope they give us the option of turning it off soon.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride
    Textures/colors look fine too me, whatever anti aliasing they have implemented is pretty irritating though. I sincerely hope they give us the option of turning it off soon.

What's wrong with the anti aliasing?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by denshing

What's wrong with the anti aliasing?

I'm guessing by the way it looks they used FXAA, which makes the scene a bit blurry. Some people like it i'm sure, but I much prefer MSAA if I enable aliasing at all in a game.

Unfortunately trying to force it off in the nvidia control panel does not work yet. image

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I haven't noticed such an issue either. There are some people asking to remove that particular feature, but it seems that the developers are negative on the matter, for now.
  • KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Khondor
    I love this game, but the graphics are washed out and pale.   I am running it on high settings.  The gamma seems very high even though I have the brightness turned down to zero.   Any ideas?

I changed my settings to "Fullscreen Windowed."  Problem solved.  Colors and gamma are fine now.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Setting most under [Rendering] to 4 in UserOptions.ini makes it look great, but you can't do anything about the object textures (buildings, floor, walls, etc).

I'm guessing by the way it looks they used FXAA, which makes the scene a bit blurry. Some people like it i'm sure, but I much prefer MSAA if I enable aliasing at all in a game.Unfortunately trying to force it off in the nvidia control panel does not work yet.
    Yes it uses FXAA and the best way to get rid of the blurriness is to set graphics quality to 1 or 2 (low or medium).

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

i would suggest Sweet FX, but theres too much uncertainty around it, and would hate anyone getting banned.

but: