Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if this game weren't Free, what game would you play?

lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Better question would be what game are you playing alongside GW2 since it has no subscription...
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Vanguard, I am currently subscribed and loving it.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    I'd play Planetside 2. Unfortunately GW2 remains free from any ongoing monetary fees, so I have no time for Planetside 2 and it's just sitting there, taking up 10gigs of HD space. image

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Need to add a none of the above option. image
    o.O

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Draron
    Better question would be what game are you playing alongside GW2 since it has no subscription...

Good point.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    none of the above.  Money is not a factor in what games I play.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by kenrich
    Need to add a none of the above option. image

Exactly. None of the games above interest me.

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    Originally posted by Terranah
    none of the above.  Money is not a factor in what games I play.

^This

WTF is wrong with most of this community? The game is fun...hell it's great! I didn't think it would be either. Do some of you just feel you HAVE to post crap here? The more I read here, the more I think that most have no brain.

(not posting against you as the OP...just this place in general)

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Still playing GW2 for me personally there simply isnt another game out there right now that is better than GW2..

Im still playing quite a bit and having loads of fun and thats what counts more than anything else..

When i do eventually burn out on GW2 my gaming days are probably over unless the unthinkable should happen and something really awesome thats not currently on the radar pops up along the way..

Playing GW2..

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    I tried GW2, liked it, and then drifted back to Rift.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

First, this game isn't free.

Second, I am no longer playing the game.

Third, I am playing SWTOR and having a lot of fun.

Originally posted by grimalThird, I am playing SWTOR and having a lot of fun.
    That makes one of you
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

That makes one of you

Cute.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Whoa since when is Guild Wars 2 free?

I feel like a fool for buying it.  Unrelated as that may be.

Originally posted by grimal

That makes one of you

Cute.

I am cute...but not the point. Just find it odd/funny when you ppl promote SWTOR still. I was there, but never again

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Not free...who ever said so is a dumbass. 

Yer a fool for buying it? What has the gaming industry come to? A fun game for  $40-$60...what a shame.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by lucasdeis

When did it become f2p?  I thought it was 60$, did this change and I missed the announcement?

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Im playing WoW (for the first time) and EverQuest.  subbed to both.  Each offers a different experience. both are fun.  GW2 was not for me - though I do log in from time to time.

Originally posted by darkhalf357x
    Im playing WoW (for the first time) and EverQuest.  subbed to both.  Each offers a different experience. both are fun.  GW2 was not for me - though I do log in from time to time.

You'll forgive me if I call you a liar.

WoW...for the first time...and EQ

You are either a person from the past that time traveled to our time or just....a big fat liar

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

You'll forgive me if I call you a liar.

WoW...for the first time...and EQ

You are either a person from the past that time traveled to our time or just....a big fat liar

Time travel is far more common than you would think nowadays...

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    None of the above for me.  I wasn't playing any MMO for almost 2 years before GW2 and wouldn't be playing one now if not for GW2.  
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Yer a fool for buying it? What has the gaming industry come to? A fun game for  $40-$60...what a shame.

That'd be the OP.

See there's the problem.  To me it isn't fun.  So yes I feel disappointed with my entertainment purchase due to my own personal experience with it.

It'd be like going to a movie that many people love.  You pay your ticket, and watch, and find it to be incredibly boring.  Should you be extremely happy that you paid 10 dollars to see a movie because other people enjoy it?

• BlueSage13BlueSage13 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by dageeza

Still playing GW2 for me personally there simply isnt another game out there right now that is better than GW2..

Im still playing quite a bit and having loads of fun and thats what counts more than anything else..

When i do eventually burn out on GW2 my gaming days are probably over unless the unthinkable should happen and something really awesome thats not currently on the radar pops up along the way..

IE, cash!

LOL. Ha ha ha ha ha....so hillarious. :)

www.thedragon13.com - Become a Dragon. What have you done to change our world?

• BlueSage13BlueSage13 Member Posts: 22

That'd be the OP.

See there's the problem.  To me it isn't fun.  So yes I feel disappointed with my entertainment purchase due to my own personal experience with it.

It'd be like going to a movie that many people love.  You pay your ticket, and watch, and find it to be incredibly boring.  Should you be extremely happy that you paid 10 dollars to see a movie because other people enjoy it?

I went ahead and got me a refund about 2 or 3 weeks after launch. Hate the game. It's a poor man's place with a poor man's pay model.

I do however laugh at the people who try to sell gems for real cash. So sad.

Since pay models are often the topic "would you play x,y,z if it went F2P?" I believe the counter should also be asked, "would you quit x,y,z because it went F2P."

www.thedragon13.com - Become a Dragon. What have you done to change our world?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

1) It's not free

2) I'm not playing it anymore

3) I'm not playing any MMOs right now