Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW SUCKS I LIKE THE OLD

rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371

new has been tried..

final fantasy in a wow type mmorpg YES PLEASE !!!! 

again NEW HAS BEEN TRIED AND GUESS WHAT IT FAILS EVERYTIME

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    and you base this on a alpha build that only has 5% of content and the bare basics in terms of mechanics? wait until beta 3 to cast judgement

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    and you base this on a alpha build that only has 5% of content and the bare basics in terms of mechanics? wait until beta 3 to cast judgement

I remember the exact same crap was being said all throughout early and even much later testing cycles for the original game...

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by rush1984

new has been tried..

final fantasy in a wow type mmorpg YES PLEASE !!!! 

again NEW HAS BEEN TRIED AND GUESS WHAT IT FAILS EVERYTIME

Another one of these?

I won't bother this time, we've been through this.

Why do people bother to post when they have nothing of substance to say? (and ignore responses from those that do).

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Here's the part where suddenly millions of "fans" proclaim how much they prefer the old game to the new one. Even though the old one was the one that was called the worst MMO ever made etc..

If all these folks really did prefer the old one, they should have put their money where their mouth is..

Damn if you do, damn if you don't..

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371

lol this thread was suppose to be a reply to a already excisting thread , i clicked wrong button and made a thread by mistake.

anyway i didnt mean that old ff14 was better , is wasnt, i meant  trying to change mmorpgs and come up withsoemthign new has failed everytime, i mean gw2 they tried to do soemthing different which is great but the game sucks and half the game players have left within first month because they want gear progression they want holy trinity ...

If the new game devs of ff14 have decided to go more in line withb wow and old mmorpgs in general  then i say good !

i prefer old school mmos !  

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

Can't wait till blizzard puts out "Titan" so good IP's can stop being WoW clones and be Titan clones instead!

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

Can't wait till blizzard puts out "Titan" so good IP's can stop being WoW clones and be Titan clones instead!

You and me both, I might try "titan" this time around that way instead of playing all the clones I could play the one that all try to clone.

I never played WoW, I was heavily entrinched in XI, I was hoping XIV would be worth playing, but I was wrong.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by toddze

You and me both, I might try "titan" this time around that way instead of playing all the clones I could play the one that all try to clone.

I never played WoW, I was heavily entrinched in XI, I was hoping XIV would be worth playing, but I was wrong.

WoW was an EQ clone. Titan will expand on this cloneness but will also take the best ideas from everyone elses games out at the moment, and clone those too. Titan will be the ultimate Clone. And then everyone will try to Clone that because fanbois who play nothing else wont understand there is nothing original there at all.

You know what happens when you have a clone of a clone of a clone? Its like a photocopy - by the third or fourth clone you can barely see whats going on, and it just becomes a mess.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Kniknax
    Originally posted by toddze

WoW was an EQ clone. Titan will expand on this cloneness but will also take the best ideas from everyone elses games out at the moment, and clone those too. Titan will be the ultimate Clone. And then everyone will try to Clone that because fanbois who play nothing else wont understand there is nothing original there at all.

You know what happens when you have a clone of a clone of a clone? Its like a photocopy - by the third or fourth clone you can barely see whats going on, and it just becomes a mess.

Hey if your statement is true then the best of all MMO's will be in 1!