Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldurs Gate EE for $20 vs D&D NWN Complete for $30

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

If you had to choose, what is the better value here? Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition for $20 on Beamdog or D&D Neverwinter Nights Complete for $30 on Gamers Gate. We're talking digital download only here. Each of these sellers are the ONLY ones who carry their respective titles as a digital download. 

BGEE:    Enhanced version of the first Baldurs Gate game - $20

http://www.baldursgate.com/windows.en.html

D&D NWN Complete:    Base game and all commercially released expansions for NWN 1 & 2 - $30

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete

What do you say? Which is the best value?

Comments

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Not sure what the NWN online scene is like these days but in it's day it was amazing in terms of online content.

If you are to play them both strictly offline or co-op through the official campaigns then I would pick BG:EE

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

NWN 1 single player was pretty average, probably even below average hack and slash RPG with simple plot, repetetive and linear design and terrible writing. NWN 1 had a great online play tho.

NWN 2 while having better writing quality, had terrible optimisation and technical aspects like camera and party controls, which made every combat a chore.

This is not a real contender. BG 1 EE beats every NWN game on every front (except of online gaming).

REALITY CHECK

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

A lot of people prefer BG, but i never really got into it. I absolute loved every moment of NWN, whether it's the original one, one of the expansions, NWN2 and it's expansions or any of the countless mods -whether it's  singleplayer, coop or persistent world.

I defnitively would get NWN, especially as the "Enhanced Edition" does not offer much beyond what mods offer, expect having it ouf of the box.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Anireth

A lot of people prefer BG, but i never really got into it. I absolute loved every moment of NWN, whether it's the original one, one of the expansions, NWN2 and it's expansions or any of the countless mods -whether it's  singleplayer, coop or persistent world.

I defnitively would get NWN, especially as the "Enhanced Edition" does not offer much beyond what mods offer, expect having it ouf of the box.

Heh, I'm in the same boat. A bit blasphemous to the RPG core crowd, but what can you do? :P Really didn't fancy Baldur's Gate, preferred Icewind Dale over it. Enjoyed NWN more as well.

But most people will say BG is better than NWN, so that'll probably be the majority that you hear.

BTW if digital isn't a COMPLETEY necessity, you can get the Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 box set for less on Amazon, which will give you BG+Expansion along with BG2+Expansion. YOu may have to do some fiddling to get it to work proparly on Win7+ though.

EDIT: I also wanted to add you're still better off getting Baldur's Gate complete from GOG.com and then grabbing BG mods off Sorcerer's Place