Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brand new

AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
Im brand new to the game, looks interesting so far. But hows the pop?  End game like? PvP? And how do you look for a guild?

Comments

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

pop depends on your dimension, do you like RP and liveradio events then you should go to  Huldra or Arcadia.

Depending on your timezone, experience may vary but the starter zones are pretty packed on my dimensions (got teo chars on different ones)

pvp got a cool revamp and thy are constantly improving.

you should rather post on the official forums, there is way more going on over there than here

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Thanks!
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Aadien
    Im brand new to the game, looks interesting so far. But hows the pop?  End game like? PvP? And how do you look for a guild?

Hi Aadien -- here's the Newscomers forum -- they're very helpful over there:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Population on Arcadia is good, but you can link to any server to group up, just do an invite, or ask someone to invite you.  

Endgame currently has Nightmare Mode dungeons, which are very tough, and the NYC Raid, which people are finding harder than expected!  The normal mode dungeons arer lots of fun, and good practice -- don;t be shy about calling as a newcomer -- normal groups are forming all the time.

PvP is a little lopsided right now, but Stonehenge and El Dorado are alternative until they get Fusang addressed.  More to come in the patch later this month.  Check out some Youtube vids on the pvp to see how it plays out.  

Welcome! 

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by Aadien

Hi Aadien -- here's the Newscomers forum -- they're very helpful over there:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Population on Arcadia is good, but you can link to any server to group up, just do an invite, or ask someone to invite you.  

Endgame currently has Nightmare Mode dungeons, which are very tough, and the NYC Raid, which people are finding harder than expected!  The normal mode dungeons arer lots of fun, and good practice -- don;t be shy about calling as a newcomer -- normal groups are forming all the time.

PvP is a little lopsided right now, but Stonehenge and El Dorado are alternative until they get Fusang addressed.  More to come in the patch later this month.  Check out some Youtube vids on the pvp to see how it plays out.  

Welcome! 

Cool stuff Ortwig, thanks for posting it. :)

On Huldra, I've been kicking around Kingsmouth (what can I say?  I love love LOVE that zone!) and I've seen a number of new toons running about, blowing up (and sometimes running away screaming from) zombie scum...  I've answered a number of questions concerning the Ability Wheel, the UI, crafting and grouping.  It's cool to see the influx of new players.

As far as Guilds (called 'Cabals' in this game), I'd suggest visiting the Cabals sub-forum - there are some really kick-ass Cabals that are recruiting.

Welcome to the game!