Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Former CCP Games President Creates Fitness MMO

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Former CCP Games President Mike Tinney is working with a new studio called Fitness Interactive Experience (FIX) and creating a fitness MMO called UtiliFit. According to our information, Utilifit is being designed to get people up and moving through an 'interactive social media platform'.

Founded in 2012, FIX has recently finished prototyping UtiliFIT, a mobile platform-based activity game that challenges its players to complete micro-physical challenges throughout the day.  UtiliFIT enables players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale and to interact meaningfully with people around the world while building healthier, more active lives.  An early playable beta version of the game will become available in December – just in time for New Year’s resolutions and to help offset holiday season weight gains.  More information about UtiliFIT can be found at www.utilifit.com

Find out more at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    If it gets atleast one fellow fatty or skiny g33k laid i support this idea :D. But i doubt that game will be very sucessful. On the other side, if they add diets, it could be the very first MMO designed for women :)
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Yea, our gaming culture isnt know for wanting to spend our time exersising instead of slaying and exploring in game, i guess we always need something different than from the norm.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    I was laughing hard untill I realized its not 1st april today and they are serious. This might actually be the first challenging mmo ever made.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    I've already grinded to max level 155 and the promise of endgame fellatio was way oversold.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Xarko
    I was laughing hard untill I realized its not 1st april today and they are serious. This might actually be the first challenging mmo ever made.

Perhaps, but without an ingame sensor pad like WiiFit, it will be incredibly easy to cheat and click "done" on any challenge / exercise. Of course if you're actually looking to get some results, there will be no reason to cheat - but everything is speculation on this project atm.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    How can a fitness simulation evolve into a MMO?  I think these guys are sniffing something they shouldn't.
  • korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

Wait.. wha? Fitness MMO?

How does that work? You log in and it tells you to go to the gym, then cuts your internet connection, so you have no choice but to work out?

Sounds like an expensive grind to me..

Why not just go exercise every day? That's what I do. Crossfit.

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Signed up just for the hell of it. I workout normally so can't hurt :/
  • cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    do not want

BestSigEver :P

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Might be neat if done well
  • TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

They'll tag just about anything as a MMO these days, good lord. image

Next up, Train Simulator Online! Experience the excitement of controlling a train in a massive multiplayer world! Compete against friends to see who can reach the train station the quickest!

Heh. image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.