Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bored of wow clone themeparks? STOP BUYING THEM!

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,078Member Uncommon

Except obviously there is still a demand for them, if WoW can have 10 million subs after 8 years then there is a desire to play that style of game.  Now I personaly do not condone that playstyle as I am bored if it too but thank god developers have finally seen the light and started innovating on the different styles of MMO games with games like GW2, PS2, AA, FF, NW and ESO either released this year or coming out in the near future.  This is more non-WoW clone games releasing this year and next then all of the previous 8 years combined.  Thats all we gamers really wanted.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 23,422Member Uncommon

Given the industry is moving to F2P, many have stop paying least stop paying subs.

• SukiyakiSukiyaki Posts: 1,399Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Adamantine

I'm not bored of themeparks.

And just because a game is a themepark doesnt mean its a "WoW clone".

Every MMO that does not turn out as the desired WoW2 in green is a failed WoW clone.

Every fantasy MMO that is not WoW and was released after 1998 is a failed WoW clone.

Every RPG with UI elements similar to AC and DaoC and was released after 1998 is a failed or upcoming WoW clone.

If they cant find anything to relate to WoW the game is just "trying too hard not to be WoW" and of course failing at it or because of it.

Oh and btw ...sandboxes are just WoW clones lacking questqrind or factions.

L2MMO post 2004