Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FireFall

ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Will there be a market for this game ? I think so.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                        MAGA

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    About the same size market as Global Agenda hit
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Starpower
    About the same size market as Global Agenda hit

Possible but they say they are adding alot more pve story line.

MAGA
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

and FF is an MMO,

GA has a couple MMO zones, but is not one.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

Originally posted by corpusc

and FF is an MMO,

I didn't say they were the same games. I said they will hit the same market

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

I think FF will find a market.

When playing I still feel amazed how well the controls work. I never had to struggle with the game physics. They just feel natural. Not real life realistic, but gaming wise natural.

Content wise they have a ways to go yet, but then again it will be in beta well into 2013 at least, if not into 2014.

Basic mechanics are working very nicely though, so I think this could end up being a really great game.

Originally posted by hfztt

When playing I still feel amazed how well the controls work. I never had to struggle with the game physics. They just feel natural. Not real life realistic, but gaming wise natural.

Content wise they have a ways to go yet, but then again it will be in beta well into 2013 at least, if not into 2014.

Basic mechanics are working very nicely though, so I think this could end up being a really great game.

Concure, More content and there crafting system needs to be made more simple, The Thumper Mobs need to be truned down for more solo friendly. Its got a future if they do it right.

MAGA
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Nope. There is only a market for ultracasual, handholding console type MMO theme parks with dice rolling combat.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Nope. There is only a market for ultracasual, handholding console type MMO theme parks with dice rolling combat.

Someone's bitter.

Originally posted by FromHell

Were discussing FireFall not EvE.

MAGA
  • HedakeHedake Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I think Firefall and Global Agenda probably do hit the same market. So far, they also seem fairly similar in build. Limited content diversity will hurt Firefall IMO like it hurt GA at launch. The GA PvE is just a bookend with few people left in the game. Firefall was overly ambitous, burned through alot of cash, and is putting out a shadow of the former game. It feels more like TF2 with a Borderlands art treatment (which isnt a bad thing but its already out there for free). If the combat continues to develop it will find a market but I feel they will severely limit their audience if they dont have something to offer other than team matches or kill the same NPC's in a small zone. There are just too many other games out there that have that.
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Originally posted by hfztt

Concure, More content and there crafting system needs to be made more simple, The Thumper Mobs need to be truned down for more solo friendly. Its got a future if they do it right.

God no.. Please stop encouraging nerfing ._. it's more fun when it's a challenge. If thumpers were solo-able..Goodbye being social. The game is more fun due to the fact that you -have- to work as a team.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    No idea tbh. Was wondering myself.    Not my type of game tbh, so I will not be playing it.    Old-school type mobs are hard and can kick your ass was refreshing but beside that I did not see anything interesting.  Did not really dig shooter for mmo combat also.
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

I think it will flounder and die. Not because it's badly done or anything, but because the shooter market is a different beast and doesn't really support an MMORPG build. Shooter fans like to get in and shoot - period. Crafting, questing, etc., that's all rubbish to the shooter crowd. MMO players will think it's novel for a few tries, but ultimately tire of the shooter mentality. Shooters and MMOs go together like chocolate and mayonaise. And - this is the big one - there are non-subscription & non-micro-trans options that are far more accessible and prevelent: the Battlefield series, CoD, Modern Warfare Series, Team Fortress, etc. There is absolutely no reason to move to FF. It'll probably do ok for the first couple of months, then die a horrible death after that. 

And I have pretty much the same prediction for Planetside 2 for exactly the same reasons, though I think it will last longer than FF simply because SOE will keep it limping along with even the minimalist of players sticking with it.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Pyuk

And I have pretty much the same prediction for Planetside 2 for exactly the same reasons, though I think it will last longer than FF simply because SOE will keep it limping along with even the minimalist of players sticking with it.

Also because P2 is pure PVP, basically Battlefield in persistant world on bigger scale, while FF is PVE with some PVP arenas.   Althrough cheaters will continue and increase over time to hit this title hard.

• Originally posted by Pyuk

I think it will flounder and die. Not because it's badly done or anything, but because the shooter market is a different beast and doesn't really support an MMORPG build. Shooter fans like to get in and shoot - period. Crafting, questing, etc., that's all rubbish to the shooter crowd. MMO players will think it's novel for a few tries, but ultimately tire of the shooter mentality. Shooters and MMOs go together like chocolate and mayonaise. And - this is the big one - there are non-subscription & non-micro-trans options that are far more accessible and prevelent: the Battlefield series, CoD, Modern Warfare Series, Team Fortress, etc. There is absolutely no reason to move to FF. It'll probably do ok for the first couple of months, then die a horrible death after that. 

I agree, this game will fail hard, and go down as "This game had massive potenial but it just did not work out" type of vibe. the devs are pushing it in the wrong direction and the content is terrible, the game just feels like it had no point to do anything, let alone if you are a MMORPG fan its a game with 5 archer classes and terrible abilites. but the pvp is not even good at all if i wanted to shooter pvp i just play counter strike or BF3.

i had high hopes for this game when i first seen that pax demo but this game is headed to the MMORPG graveyard on rails.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157

PVP is a joke in this game very unbalanced and it's the same players who have been in beta forever who destroy everyone new due to maxed tiers, gear and experience.

PVE is fun but there is a lack of what to do in beta and the main quest is still very bugged but has great potential.  Overall I think someone will take this idea of a FPSMMO and run it to a T but not Firefall.

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    People excpect to much from a closed beta. From what I have played so far it seems like it could be really good game. The devs listen to the players ideas and really put alot of heart into the project. 
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

and FF is an MMO,

and i was explaining why they often won't.  sure there's some overlap, but those significant features significantly change who is open to trying each game or not.

Corpus Callosum    

and FF is an MMO,

and i was explaining why they often won't.  sure there's some overlap, but those significant features significantly change who is open to trying each game or not.

Whatever you say sport

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Will there be a market for this game ? I think so.

Yes, there will be.  The question is where? How about China and Korea?  With FF's focus on DX9 it can be played on XP, which is a very large segment of the Asian market.  Not to mention that PvP is much more popular in Asia than it is in the west. 

Also keep in mind that FF is still in BETA.  Real beta, not demo beta.  Many things may change between now and release. They could be as much as a year away from launch.  The game as it currently exists shows promise, but needs a lot more development.  Looking at the strides they have made in the last few months, they might just make it the game they want it to be by that time. 

Finally, you do know that they have been purchased by The 9? Which makes everything else make sense. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."