Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription

Comments

• FoeHammerJTFoeHammerJT Member Posts: 148
    If you cant afford 50 cents a day for your hobby. I suggest you get a job. If you have one, get a second, your current job is bad.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Don't be ridiculous.

15 USD per month for a good game is a bargain.

5 USD per month for a bad game is too much.

There is simply zero reason for them to lower the sub to 5 USD per month. Those who like the game will gladly pay 15 USD per month and those who don't won't play it even if it was free.

The number of gamers who want to play MMOs but cannot pay 15 USD per month for their hobby are a very small bunch indeed.

I pay more to the counter of McDonalds when I get food for myself, my wife and my kid. And I go there 3-4 times a month.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Not sure if I am the minority here but alot of the time I will not play a game unless it has a subscription option.  Something about f2p that I just do not like...
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Don't be ridiculous.

There is simply zero reason for them to lower the sub to 5 USD per month. Those who like the game will gladly pay 15 USD per month and those who don't won't play it even if it was free.

The number of gamers who want to play MMOs but cannot pay 15 USD per month for their hobby are a very small bunch indeed.

I pay more to the counter of McDonalds when I get food for myself, my wife and my kid. And I go there 3-4 times a month.

^

This guy gets it. If you want to deal with Freemium chat spam, trolls, hackers, and the like feel free to play a Korean grind. Allow the adults to have a good game with a sub that at least cuts down on some of the crap dragging MMOs down. You cant even go to the cinema and watch a bad action movie, eat popcorn and have a soda for 15 bux and thats 2 hours entertainment, not a month's worth.

If you dont want to pay then dont, but please stop sending a message to devs that we want Pay to Win freeimum ad crap with lousy general chats.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by thinktank001
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Not a good idea.You allow f2p or a very cheap cost then players cheat left and right because they have little to lose.This is a pvp game with aiming,you can bet your life there will be cheating.It hurts more when you spend money to buy the game and sub then get booted out for cheating.

Yes i know it is a bit of a shallow reason,however the whole game will be based on pvp,so it  is what it is.

If they do something with pvp so that cheating is a non factor,then yes i could see a varied pay scale like maybe 5+ cash shop and a 15 for full access to content.

The main problem I see with the $15 cost is DF never was and never will be an MMORPG.   It has always been designed with the focus solely on PvP.  I don't see how anyone can justify the price of $15 a month when many online FPS games allow a player to log on for free.  

lol list me the games with one persistant world, a rich PvE enviroment. Lots of other things to do ( Villages,traderoutes,sea tower, treasure maps, crafting, gambling and the list goes on) and a FPs control.

Would you be so kind please ?

[mod edit]

But i myself hope for a more common price of 9,99$ / 9,99€

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I reckon they should have a lower than normal Sub maybe a $9.99 will work just fine(will probaly pull in more player if the sub was lower than normal from games that are charging that $15 sub.). $5  is just to low for such a great game imo.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Scellow

Please AV, don't start with the basic 14$/month sure you'll not win new user ..

5$/month will be a nice idea !! i'm 10000% sure that you'll earn more than if you start with 14$/ month

I know AV is an Greek company, and they need money (Economic Crisis), but don't be so tightwad and give opportunity for playing to poor person :)

I'm almost 500% certain AV will lose $$$ if they drop the sub to $5.

Skip a Red Bull once a month and now 15 bux isnt so bad...given inflation since WoW's release; I'm very shocked subs arent at least 20 bux a month...
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Don't be ridiculous.

as much as i dont like subscriptions i do agree with this, but i havent seen an mmo that its actually worth 15 a month, maybe 10$.

since everyones opinion tend to differ then yes, my opinion is that no released and upcoming mmos that we know enough info about, are worth 15 so far. Im waiting for that mmorpg (themepark and / or sandbox) to come. We are not getting enough for our money, not yet.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

why have a sub

im sure the money they would gain by not having a sub would be more than any subs they would get 

in 1-2 months they wont even have  25%(based on every single game  since wow )  of the  players left  no matter if a sub or not

but if you have people buy the game  they will spend money on expansions or a cash shop in the future

• wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

I don't see how any developer can justify $$$ per month any more. Subscription games are increasingly becoming a thing of the past.

There is just too much available F2P and B2P at the moment...

WWIIOnline F2P, yes with restrictions but playable

Planetside  2, F2P

GW2, B2P...

SWTOR F2P with some restrictions I admit

WoT, F2P

WoP coming soon F2P

Mortal Online F2P with some restrictions

and loads more that I've forgotten.

These are good games, different genres, all MMOXXX of one kind or another.

Just think that subscription based MMO's are using an outdated business model and they will not work any more. WoW would never work if  they released it now. It worked at that time and built up a loyal following. That will never happen again.

DF will likely be jam packed for the first couple of months but $15 a mo will kill it eventually... the players will drift away... and blame mechanics, cheaters, balance issues etc. but the real reason will be that they can't justify $15 mo for something that isn't perfect in their eyes.

Going F2P, or B2P eliminates a lot of those issues, not all of them but a lot of them.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by naljeja
    i heard GW 2 is free

its also a pile of crap but there we go..

I am mroe than happy to pay a sub for Darkfall and alwasy have been..helps stop all the crying f2p kids coming in as well..

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

EVE Online actually has a nice system going, I rarely payed for my time there with real money (only when I started) and I played for like 6 or so years, since you can pay for Game Time with ingame currency (which other players buy in the form of PLEX they can sell to you for the same ingame currency). So its both a subscription game AND a cash shop game.

And its as hardcore as Darkfall if not more...

I used to play Darkfall and I kind of enjoyed it, for a time. But... the game has a strong smell of INDY to it... the graphics are bad, the animations are......very bad for a modern game.

I will try DFUW when it comes out, for sure, but I won't be staying if I dont see my money's worth. By this I mean not a PvP arena with 0 sense to it (eyes on you GW2 - wasted another 50 euros on a game I dont play...). Even if I'm not the crafter type, I WANT TO SEE A CRAFTING SYSTEM THAT IS RELEVANT in the game, I want choices, I want a real SANDBOX...

P.S. Someone asked to show a FPSMMORPG... just played the 48h Firefall Beta. That game is pretty nice...and its F2P 

• MagicpsychocMagicpsychoc Member Posts: 4

Most of people don't play mmo with subscription because it's too expansive , most of those game fail .. but i know a litle game "dofus" with a little subsription fee (5€/month) and it works like a charm , this company earn money and new player each month

http://www.dofus.com/fr/boutique/18-abonnements

So i think it's a good idea to kill the average price of mmo and propose a little amount

Originally posted by davestr1zl

5$/month will be a nice idea !! i'm 10000% sure that you'll earn more than if you start with 14$/ month

I know AV is an Greek company, and they need money (Economic Crisis), but don't be so tightwad and give opportunity for playing to poor person :)

and how do you know this for certain?

Because there will be more player

14 * 10 000 players =  140 000/m

5* 50 000 players =  250 000/m

DF is a good game ! so do not underestimate the possible number of subscriber if the game is under the average price of mmo's

I love when people just make things up, "Most people don't play MMO with sub..."  Just not true...and you have no data to back the rediculous statement.  I can tell you that most of the people I game with won't even tough a F2P game...I would only play games with a sub.

Originally posted by Magicpsychoc

Most of people don't play mmo with subscription because it's too expansive , most of those game fail .. but i know a litle game "dofus" with a little subsription fee (5€/month) and it works like a charm , this company earn money and new player each month

http://www.dofus.com/fr/boutique/18-abonnements

So i think it's a good idea to kill the average price of mmo and propose a little amount

Originally posted by davestr1zl

and how do you know this for certain?

Because there will be more player

14 * 10 000 players =  140 000/m

5* 50 000 players =  250 000/m

DF is a good game ! so do not underestimate the possible number of subscriber if the game is under the average price of mmo's

I love when people just make things up, "Most people don't play MMO with sub..."  Just not true...and you have no data to back the rediculous statement.  I can tell you that most of the people I game with won't even tough a F2P game...I would only play games with a sub.

even if its utter poop like mortal or earthrise? I am currently playing Salem, its free, but its freaking AWESOME (it has permadeath by the way). 

And as I said before - tried firefall beta, which will also be free and its also very very good

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Unless you join a zerg guild, you'll be paying to be farmed. Just like it was in DF1. It will boil down to the zerg guilds and PK hackers, just like DF1 did.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Please for the love of god make it $20 or $30 a month. I gladly support paying for my entertainment especially at the rate of around $1 a day. The original game was worth $15 a month, with all the improvments this would easily justify a greater sub.

All you gaming degenerates need to understand that F2P or discounting subs means they have to monetize you differently and I would rather have a game be front loaded than backloaded... The price of subs have stayed the same in the last 8 or so years... It's about time we had a little inflation.

For all of you who want F2p, stick to the Korean crap that is churned out at a rate of 10 games a week their quality clearly dictates the lack of sub, plus the fact that they are designed and monetized for the asian market. Western gamers play these games for days, weeks and then quit because the content is crap...

Solid indy efforts like DF:UW deserve support, stop being such entitled little fkn brats and support the hobby you love before it becomes extinct and all that is left if hollow shells. Stop rating games on few ridiculously high standards like graphics and look at gameplay and content for a change... You can overlook things like clunky animations if the content (like in most sandboxes is so rich that there is no endgame in sight.

Get a real job and start supporting what is possibly the cheapest form of entertainment per hour on the planet.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by FoeHammerJT
    If you cant afford 50 cents a day for your hobby. I suggest you get a job. If you have one, get a second, your current job is bad.

This^^^

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Originally posted by Wighty

Please for the love of god make it $20 or $30 a month. I gladly support paying for my entertainment especially at the rate of around $1 a day. The original game was worth $15 a month, with all the improvments this would easily justify a greater sub.

All you gaming degenerates need to understand that F2P or discounting subs means they have to monetize you differently and I would rather have a game be front loaded than backloaded... The price of subs have stayed the same in the last 8 or so years... It's about time we had a little inflation.

For all of you who want F2p, stick to the Korean crap that is churned out at a rate of 10 games a week their quality clearly dictates the lack of sub, plus the fact that they are designed and monetized for the asian market. Western gamers play these games for days, weeks and then quit because the content is crap...

Solid indy efforts like DF:UW deserve support, stop being such entitled little fkn brats and support the hobby you love before it becomes extinct and all that is left if hollow shells. Stop rating games on few ridiculously high standards like graphics and look at gameplay and content for a change... You can overlook things like clunky animations if the content (like in most sandboxes is so rich that there is no endgame in sight.

Get a real job and start supporting what is possibly the cheapest form of entertainment per hour on the planet.

U mad bro? Also, do you have an ugly wife? I bet she's a really nice person though, right right? See what I did there? xD

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

Unless you join a zerg guild, you'll be paying to be farmed. Just like it was in DF1. It will boil down to the zerg guilds and PK hackers, just like DF1 did.

not really.. sure numbers will usually win in head to head fights but thats gonna be the case no matter what same in any game.. but a small skilled group can do a lot of damage.. hell ive seen zagenda faceroll twice their numbers in a fight they just knew how to do it.. and that was after the silly skill gain increase so everyone was maxed out.. so no advantage from having more character skills and so on.. ive been on a loosing end to it as well..

tactics can play a big part in the battles.. sure its easier in a big zerg but not as much fun..

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276
    $7/month is the magic number to make very nice profit while gaining are larger audience. Most business' these days understand that and I would hope they would understand that lower = chance for larger following and happy fans make for longer lasting fans.
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

not really.. sure numbers will usually win in head to head fights but thats gonna be the case no matter what same in any game.. but a small skilled group can do a lot of damage.. hell ive seen zagenda faceroll twice their numbers in a fight they just knew how to do it.. and that was after the silly skill gain increase so everyone was maxed out.. so no advantage from having more character skills and so on.. ive been on a loosing end to it as well..

tactics can play a big part in the battles.. sure its easier in a big zerg but not as much fun..

yeah, i'll back you up on that, back in EVE we were outgunned and outnumbered and still we prevailed, because we had more resolve AND skills than our enemy...

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by ConjureOne
    Originally posted by Wighty

U mad bro? Also, do you have an ugly wife? I bet she's a really nice person though, right right? See what I did there? xD

Mad? Nah... just find it pathetic when people cry about a few $$ when it comes to again what is the cheapest form of entertainment we have and it STILL isn't cheap enough.

And c'mon now, if you are really comparing ones relationship to visuals in a game you must live some real fantasy life. Put down the "real doll" and get out of the basement... it's sunny outside.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    If it's a good mmo, I'll gladly pay $15 a month. If it's a good sandbox mmo, I'd gladly pay $25-$50 a month just to weed out the kiddies. WoW is proof people still don't mind paying a subscription fee for mmo's. Can't afford it? Don't play. There are plenty of microtransaction free to play games out there, go try one.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by FoeHammerJT

image  or find a hobby you can afford.