Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gear dyes already in game...

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Just got the following pics:

So what you can notice is they already have 2 gear hue (ie die) for the gear.

Note also that in the v3 they have not 2 but 3 appearance slots attachements.

Meaning player gear dyes is only a UI away from us.

Comments

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Giving players dyes would screw with them just recoloring same armor for a new tier.

And we all know from that they have boatloads of armor appearances that will now be available in cartel shop near you.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by mikahr

Giving players dyes would screw with them just recoloring same armor for a new tier.

And we all know from that they have boatloads of armor appearances that will now be available in cartel shop near you.

Not sure about boatloads ;)

Then well sadly you are right about making players pay for recoloring existing gear.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I would guess that eventually they will sell DYE kits in the cash shop.

So no worries?

Even EA's red haired step-child Warhammer sells DYE kits.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Deewe

Then well sadly you are right about making players pay for recoloring existing gear.

If i by coincidence kept links to that stuff you would be amazed how much stuff was done but still didnt make appearance ingame.

Them appearing in cash shop is just salt to the wound, because lets face it, box price SHOULD cover stuff that was made at launch (that was the plan to release it slowly, that changed to "release it in cash shop gamble boxes").

Anyways, i cant really fathim their art, just look at this:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-pvp-gear/

and tell me(anyone) if Jedi/Sith armor is anything resembling Star Wars.

My favorute is War Leader/Weaponmaster set. And i should get immersed in a game where my Jedi looks like THAT.

No wonder that they extort FPers for hide helmet slot, if i was in their place i would charge for SHOW HELMET option rofl

P.S.

I was wondering why dont they make some of lower armors moddable and this popped up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5350565#post5350565

Yah, i suspected that would happen.

This should be FREE for subscribers.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Deewe

If i by coincidence kept links to that stuff you would be amazed how much stuff was done but still didnt make appearance ingame.

Them appearing in cash shop is just salt to the wound, because lets face it, box price SHOULD cover stuff that was made at launch (that was the plan to release it slowly, that changed to "release it in cash shop gamble boxes").

Anyways, i cant really fathim their art, just look at this:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-pvp-gear/

and tell me(anyone) if Jedi/Sith armor is anything resembling Star Wars.

My favorute is War Leader/Weaponmaster set. And i should get immersed in a game where my Jedi looks like THAT.

No wonder that they extort FPers for hide helmet slot, if i was in their place i would charge for SHOW HELMET option rofl

P.S.

I was wondering why dont they make some of lower armors moddable and this popped up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5350565#post5350565

Yah, i suspected that would happen.

This should be FREE for subscribers.

1.6: Oh god, not again this lame gear /facepalm.

I too saw all the stuf on swtor-spy, not impressed at all

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Been wanting a dye system since I started playing.