Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: All About Vehicles Part 2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games and the DUST 514 team have released a second video developer diary that focuses on the vehicles that are currently found in the game. The video deals with handling, detailing and vehicular combat. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I'm glad that CCP is aattempting to add the level of detail in skills for DUST514 that EVE has.
  • jedi_nightjedi_night Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Too bad they are waisting their time on the ps3
  • AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by jedi_night

This.

Unfortunately they're cornering a large market of players (Hi, I love the concept of Eve but cannot get into it for more than a few months but I would LOVE the hell out of being connected to its' universe and play DUST!!!!) on the PC.  Isn't PS3 the lowest selling console unit too?

Their logic is "We don't want players playing Eve to be taken away from it with Dust."  Well, what about the numerous players who play Eve that don't often/never would play an FPS?  Or the even more countless FPS players that would NEVER touch Eve otherwise?  I can absolutely garauntee there are less people who would play both than there are people who would play them seperately.

Oh yeah, and what about a combo-subscription for playing both?  IE, $20-25 a month instead of $15 seperately?  If they offered that on the PC, I'd likely play both games.  As it stands, they've insured I won't be playing either...

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Aconsar
    Originally posted by jedi_night

This.

Unfortunately they're cornering a large market of players (Hi, I love the concept of Eve but cannot get into it for more than a few months but I would LOVE the hell out of being connected to its' universe and play DUST!!!!) on the PC.  Isn't PS3 the lowest selling console unit too?

Their logic is "We don't want players playing Eve to be taken away from it with Dust."  Well, what about the numerous players who play Eve that don't often/never would play an FPS?  Or the even more countless FPS players that would NEVER touch Eve otherwise?  I can absolutely garauntee there are less people who would play both than there are people who would play them seperately.

Oh yeah, and what about a combo-subscription for playing both?  IE, $20-25 a month instead of $15 seperately?  If they offered that on the PC, I'd likely play both games.  As it stands, they've insured I won't be playing either...

Here, take all my internets. You win.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

CCP better get working on the Pc version in secret so they can launch it ASAP when whatever deal they have between them and SONY to have this as an PS3 exclusive runs out is all can say.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I really don't know if DUST 514 is going to become succesfull. They have some steep competition in the FPS online genre.

Would this be a instant PC release instead of a PS3 release and would both games effect eachother greatly due to play in EVE and DUST 514. Resources mined out in space to be beamed down for crafters to create vehicles/weapons/armors perhaps even resource gathering on the ground game for special upgrades for ships , have similar crafting experiance on the ground game as in EVE.

I sure allot of people aswell myself love everything EVE has to offer, yet I aint playing it due to the lack of having not having a character but instead a ship. Would Dust 514 been a EVE FPS on land but with both games influencing eachtother I bet I would get into both of them.