Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me out- give me reasons to return!

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

I played WoW from Vanilla's release until the week Cata released. I bought cata, something in me just... snapped, I guess, and I suddenly realized "I'm burned out" and stepped away.

It's been a good long while since then and here I am. I've been reading the forums, watching some reviews of MoP... and I'm becoming somewhat interested again. However, I'm still exceptionally torn. My main concern is whether I can catch up to the current gear level, since MoP has been out a while. But more than anything... does it now have something that would make it worth it for me, who burned out on WoW, to suddenly become reinterested.

I pretty much enjoy all aspects of gameplay, EXCEPT large raiding. 40 man raids may have killed anything bigger than 10 mans for me forever. They were so boring, so easy and so... misery inducing. lol

SO! For all you old players out there, or even new ones, tell me what it is that keeps you interested in this game now!

Not that it matters, but the highest level toons I have are sitting at 80-82. 80 pally, 80 priest, 80 warlock, 80 deathknight, 81 hunter, 82 druid. If any of these have suddenly become awesome since I last played in WotLK/the first week of Cata, let me know too! =D

Thanks!

Comments

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Tolmos

I played WoW from Vanilla's release until the week Cata released. I bought cata, something in me just... snapped, I guess, and I suddenly realized "I'm burned out" and stepped away.

It's been a good long while since then and here I am. I've been reading the forums, watching some reviews of MoP... and I'm becoming somewhat interested again. However, I'm still exceptionally torn. My main concern is whether I can catch up to the current gear level, since MoP has been out a while. But more than anything... does it now have something that would make it worth it for me, who burned out on WoW, to suddenly become reinterested.

I pretty much enjoy all aspects of gameplay, EXCEPT large raiding. 40 man raids may have killed anything bigger than 10 mans for me forever. They were so boring, so easy and so... misery inducing. lol

SO! For all you old players out there, or even new ones, tell me what it is that keeps you interested in this game now!

Not that it matters, but the highest level toons I have are sitting at 80-82. 80 pally, 80 priest, 80 warlock, 80 deathknight, 81 hunter, 82 druid. If any of these have suddenly become awesome since I last played in WotLK/the first week of Cata, let me know too! =D

Thanks!

This might not be the best place to ask for quality input. I'm wondering this too--seing as blizz sent me an email giving me ten free days to try it out; but you should ask http://www.reddit.com/r/wow for some reasons.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Sora2810
    Originally posted by Tolmos

Thanks!

This might not be the best place to ask for quality input. I'm wondering this too--seing as blizz sent me an email giving me ten free days to try it out; but you should ask http://www.reddit.com/r/wow for some reasons.

I appreciate the reply! I feel embarrassed saying this, but I never used reddit so I cant seem to figure out how to make a new thread, post, or whatever reddit posts are called. I've logged in and I see a "submit link" button, but that's it.

****EDIT: nvm, found it! haha

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    My daughter and wife really enjoy the Pokemon like pet collecting/battling.  They also seem to really enjoy the Darkmoon Faire since it was redone.  I don't play anymore, but it appears that MoP was a good expansion.
  • InfinityDInfinityD Member Posts: 33

Reasons to come back:

• Pandaria is the best looking continent yet.
    • The monk class is fun to play.
    • Cooking and farming is a lot more interesting/fun now.
    • Theres quite a bit more to do at 90 than just heroics > raiding.
    • Pet battles are pokemon-like fun, and are being improved every patch. 
    • The story is solid, the quest zones are very well done, and the heroics are nicely done, story wise.
    • Raid bosses are challenging and fun.
    Reasons not to come back:
    • Dailies, while fun, can get extremely tedious.
    • Gear and pets/transmog items/mounts, etc. are all trapped behind reputation grinds.
    • Heroics are far too easy. Getting a challenge mode group together is next to impossible.
    • LFR is far too easy. If you're not PvPing or raiding with your guild, there is no challenge to the game.
    • New Brawlers guild is locked behind 10,000 gold unless you're lucky/have a fairly wealthy friend.
    • New patch introduced... you guessed it... more dailies. 

There's not a whole lot bad about Mists, to be honest. For me personally, i'm just a bit bored of dailies and a dead server. I'm starting to ask myself why I play at all. But I have had fun for a couple months, so i consider it worth the price, anyways. I just don't see it holding me much longer.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

IMO you don't need a reason to return, if you feel you want to play it bad then go back and try it. But be warned it's not going to be like it was when you played and even though it's had updates many of the older players from years gone by will tell you it's now very dated and bland game.

Personally I would look at a more modern game and if you like PvP then wait until Darkfall2 Unholy Wars hits the shops in the coming weeks. other than that there is not to much about they are all much of the same.

Just to give you the heads up I beta tested wow and have never played it I found it to be to liniar for my taste and much of the same. I prefer to go and play EQII rather than even look at this game because EQII has far more content and it's f2p too.

Just my opinion and might not be what you want to hear. You might also want to go check out what the suits in the city are saying about this company it does not look good for the future as they have tried to sell it and bail out a few times with the shares falling all the time.

Good luck finding what you want though as I feel for you pal!

Bandit

Asbo

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86

I liked MOP.... I was tanking dungeons and doing quests.  I enjoyed it and the new quest zones and the pet battles.....

BUT

Dailies and REP grinds killed it for me .  NOt because they were difficult but simply because I don't like them 

AND

I am tuckered out with WOW.   had this expac come sooner I think I would have stuck around longer than I did with cata.