Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Steam Greenlight Program a Success

2»

Comments

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Wow, this is really great. I think the population of UW on each server will be equal to, if not larger than EU1 when DF1 first released before NA1 ever came out. And if that's the case, it's going to be fucking awesome and probably be one of the best MMO experiences we've had. Release, as in first two months of DF1 were comparable with my first MMO experience.

Plus, there's gonna be so many Steam-noobs to PK! -grin-

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    5$ / month will be amazing , but 15$ /month ..
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    15 is easy money tho for amonth worth of entertainmeant i can barly go to amovie for that
    wizard except darkfall didnt die because of them issues it died because of the new player experince, the newbie being ganked in citys, the grind and the ui being horrid
  • AndarreusAndarreus Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This is awesome news, I just hope their servers are ready for the amount of players that are going to be logging on.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    wizard except darkfall didnt die because of them issues it died because of the new player experince, the newbie being ganked in citys, the grind and the ui being horrid

Sadly part 2 will be the same thing, newbies being ganked by immature community that infests these open world pvp mmo's then the same people whine when it goes under. IMO all pvp needs to be forced to one huge open zone with land control and such, like daoc did it, it worked well,  If the game has open pvp the same thing will repeat due to the immaturity of the people who play those types of mmo's. It happens in every single open world pvp mmo it'll happen again in darkfall UW. The game is going to turn out to be shit, i'd bet money on it, that in less than 6 months it'll be near death. Unless they got smart this time and moved all pvp to a specific zone and also got rid of the pvp corpse looting. But after looking at how shitty the orignal darkfall was, I highly doubt they are smart enough.

I get the feeling some fanboys will flame me... but I will be here 6 months later going "I told you so." MMO communities have been going more and more down the shitter ever since world of warcraft made them popular with the masses. Mostly because it turned mmo's into bascally solo rush to cap, then raid, the problem with raiding is in most mmo's it has no purpose, it is not real advancement, though they like you to think it is. I mean once you get all those uber eleets in most of the current mmo's what use do they have? NONE. If the raid gear was the best gear for pvp it would serve a purpose, but most mmo devs aren't able to think that far ahead. Seperating pvp and pve gear was the worse thing wow has done to the genre, well that and making mmo's a joke since you can just solo to cap in 1-3 days.

Anyway you couldn't pay me enough to play a garbage game like darkfall UW will end up being. People who buy it at release are fools imo, if your smart you will wait for a month or 2 and wait to see if there is anyone left after the mass exodus that WILL happen.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

siv newbie citys have safe zones now so yay
    btw siv i really like to see your crystal ball i really would. when will i die?
  • WulfynWulfyn Member UncommonPosts: 19

Siveria - not sure why you are using the mistakes made in WoW to criticise Darkfall; for example the specific of splitting PvE and PvP loot which does not apply to Darkfall at all. Not trying to flame you here but I'm struggling to see what your argument is because it seems to me like you are saying Darkfall is bound to be rubbish because a completely different game is.

Darkfall did definitely have problems - for me the main one was the grind. I bought the game at first release and persuaded about 10 friends to get it as well. We formed a small guild and had a lot of fun as a roaming PvP group. Yes we had no purpose other than the purpose to explore the world and have fun in some good fights. We focused far more on enjoying ourselves than grinding our characters up and this is what led to us all stopping because all those people who had been afk swimming or grinding in brownie patches or lining up on the wall of death hit their skill caps and came out to play. Faced with a need to hardcore grind for a few months we just stopped logging in as much, and then we stopped logging in at all. I resubbed twice over the next year and a half and both times found myself in good groups but on both occasions the necessity of me to have to grind day in day out to become pvp viable was too much to bear. The guys I was playing with had a lot of sympathy for me having such a low skiled character (and to put this in context I was playing almost every day for that first 6 months, just not hardcore grinding). I wanted to play Darkfall because it did not have levels, but the grind was worse than any level based game I played.

The Devs say that they have addressed this. I already own the game so it will only cost me the resub to try out 2.0 - put simply if the grind has been fixed then I see no reason I won't play this game for a long time. If ti is not fixed then I doubt I will continue past a month or two.

www.ygworlds.net

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Siveria

I will be here 6 months later going "I told you so."  

were you one of the MANY on this board 3 years ago saying the same thing before DF1 launched?

funny how i see only ONE hater from back then still on the boards.  of course, they are all probably still here but under different names.   after the shame of making so many inaccurate predictions.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------