Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new patch releasing monday looks pretty good for WAR

2»

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by Arezon
    Originally posted by zasd
    This game is way past its prime, EA killed it....

Probably a combination of EA and the developers. WAR wasn't a very good game to begin with.

warhammers population left the game over class balance issues , they still have a huge end game of taking capitol cities and relic fortresses. Its has almost the same exact end game as DAOC , people left over the lack of balance changes to classes like bright wizards the first few months of release. I was there from beta up until about 2010. Went back a few times since then.

I left because the game wasnt very polished.  From the horrid character animations, combat animations and fluidity of movment to the PQ's not being incentivized enough by the population.  I tell you this today, like Rift, if both of these games went full on head over heels into their PQ and Rift design and shuddered that horrid WoW quest hub design then both games would of been more popular.  Linearity has killed more games for me then I dare to count.  Linearity is the realm of consoles and single player games, MMO's should not have anything linear about it except a progression from 1 to level cap, everythign else should foster freedom and exploration.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Arezon
    Originally posted by zasd
    This game is way past its prime, EA killed it....

Probably a combination of EA and the developers. WAR wasn't a very good game to begin with.

Actually it was a very good game in the begining. Bad patches and horridly unbalanced classes. Inept devs I would say also as some of their changes made 0 sense.

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

Say what you want about WAR,imo nothing comes even close when it comes to open world PvP.

And no, I don't like 3 faction PvP.Even if I'm the underdog and getting zerged.

I've never stayed in a game for as long as I stayed in WAR and there was a good reason for that.

Loved the lore.

Loved the artwork,still the best i've seen.

Loved the maps,the zones.

Loved the concept of each class not being just a simple mirror and loved the faction specific classes. Still the best.

I even liked it's dungeons,PvE,and the public quests,that GW2 is re serving with a little bit of

stardust as inovation and dynamic(my @ss).

The only serious contender to WARs PvP, GW2 just can't give me the same feeling.Not because it is that bad.But because

it's PvP is detached from the game world.And because there are no factions and everyone plays the same classes.

Way too politicaly correct.

No instanced map,no matter how big it is,can replace the feeling of WAR is everywhere.

But there is also good reasons why I left.

-No matter how fun it was,the game was seriously underdeveloped.

-Bugs everywhere,that were getting fixed at a very slow pace,So sssllooowwwlllyy.Slower than slow.

-Class imbalances.That was really a suicide for a game that relied that much on PvP.

I doubt  the devs ever played the game and got a taste of their awesome "class balancing via metrics/if metrics say

it's ok then it is"

-Lack of new content.Basically after Land of the Dead there was nothing significant added to the game.

No..rat people don't count.

-The janitor(think his name was Bob) and the famous rat that spins the server wheels.

-L l llL L AAA  aa aaaAAA  aa GG Gggg.The janitor always forgot to  feed the rat.True story.

-The removal of many cool features,like guild keep claiming.WAR devs hold the record for "removing more features than those you add in a game"

-Gear/renown grind .Insane.I left with just 700k remaning to hit 100.Fed up,and dispair,comes to mind.

-EA.The largest assortment of dumb@###s the world has ever seen.Instead of spending money to fix WAR,

they went on to spend 10 times that much,for the greatest fail in MMO history.And guess what.

WAR is still the best MMO they've got.

I play Rift atm,but I would seriously consider coming back.But only if the game get's some love and serious attention.

WAAAAAGHHH

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    While I agree war is a much much better mmo than swtor. It's not the best mmo property ea have, that would be daoc or uo.
  • EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    One of best pvp focused games ever, i will return to it next week to see the new patch, and level my 97 shamie to 100.
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Loved WAR ! The RvR was a blast...but  to little to late the population is almost non existent. Only way to save it now is going F2p the sooner they realize that the better.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Darklotus79
    Loved WAR ! The RvR was a blast...but  to little to late the population is almost non existent. Only way to save it now is going F2p the sooner they realize that the better.

this i totally agree with and the game being broken down into tiers there is so many options to really turn it into a free to play title and help population. Im willing to bet right now that if it went free to play they would have to open up new servers again for the shear disappointment that guild wars 2 and swtor pvp brought to the table with their so called hyped up releases. I want to see war live again but until it has a population its going to be hard to push. But on a possitive note Mythic is hiring again so there do not hire unless they are up to something design wise be it another game or some revamping.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i tried the new patch and i gotta say im pretty impressed with the new items and armor sets and weapons. This game still has some great pvp and now they are making it super easy to get your renoun ranks up and into pvp . 100 tokens for each of the 4 new tomes that allow you to turn off exp and stay in any tier you wish , double exp inf renoun on the other ones also . Its really great changes . Population isnt the greatest but is still plenty to fight and it seems to be a little growth in the population due to GW2 and SWTOR not being what everyone expected for pvp. If you want to reactivate your account and havent played in a few months its free just log in to your account and hit reactivate your account and it will tell you if you have a 14 day reactivation for free . No credit card needed if you have the 14 day re-enlistment just hit time card code war0daytimecard and it will allow you to play 14 days without a credit card .
  • KuroiKuroi Member UncommonPosts: 29

I loved this game the 2 months I subbed to it back in 2010. Aswesome PvP that you can jump into from lvl 1, decent class balance, and Tanks meant something.

I'm actually DLing it again right now to give it another spin.

EA/Mythic messed up by not advertising it and the customer support was unprofessional and horrid.

just my 2 cps.

K

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

Haters gonna hate as we would say.

It's a good patch and not too bugged for once.

The only way I won't play war anymore is the day they pull the final plug.

It's also funny to read some of you peeps with outdated info, not knowing the actual situation of war or how it has evolved over the years.

As for population on Badlands nowedays. In Tier 4 we have about the same amount of peeps running around as when Gorfang and Badlands got merged, more or less. And more and more are coming back after GW2 finaly didn't deliver enough PvP/RvR wise for them.

The Nid

It's buggy and terrain still kills but there's nothing that comes even close PvP/RvR wise on the market.