Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any idea how to save this game?

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
What could be done to save this game? People was already bored after few weeks and now you can't find anyone for grouping. What was going wrong? Maybe open world pvp or gear with stats?

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Theres nothing to save, the game is doing better then the Devs imagined and despite some issues the game continues to do good and have good retention.

Taken from the Colin Johanson interview: http://gamingbolt.com/guild-wars-2-interview-we-talk-to-areanet-about-how-the-mmorpg-has-been-doing-post-launch

more people who purchased the game so far since it came out than any of the numbers we expected. Our last big November weekend- at the high point in the weekend, we were using about 90% of our total server bandwidth for the demand of all the players logging in. And that was just awesome to see. It’s not something that we necessarily expected to be quite so big and we’re continuing to grow. And it’s just really humbling and really exciting to see how much people are falling in love with the game over a short period of time.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Theres nothing to save, the game is doing better then the Devs imagined and despite some issues the game continues to do good and have good retention.

Taken from the Colin Johanson interview: http://gamingbolt.com/guild-wars-2-interview-we-talk-to-areanet-about-how-the-mmorpg-has-been-doing-post-launch

more people who purchased the game so far since it came out than any of the numbers we expected. Our last big November weekend- at the high point in the weekend, we were using about 90% of our total server bandwidth for the demand of all the players logging in. And that was just awesome to see. It’s not something that we necessarily expected to be quite so big and we’re continuing to grow. And it’s just really humbling and really exciting to see how much people are falling in love with the game over a short period of time.

Not saying the game is doing poorly,but a Dev isnt going to flat out say his game is doing terrible.

But in this case,GW2 is doing as well as any other theme park.After a couple months people get bored and move on to other things,with those still interested sticking around of course.As far as I go,Im really only interested in the special events at this point.

• BootezBootez Member UncommonPosts: 72
    This game is fine. And it doesn't need "saving."
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

F.Y.I this is a troll thread.

Here is the op's opinion of the game.

"You forgot mounts :) Look hype is so big because first part of guild wars is so boring and guild wars comunity play only one game. Yes game is boring and empty but i bought that game like you, only not because of my wife  it was because of my 6 year old son, game is made for his age"

He was called out for this before. Shame on him.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

How to save a game that is doing fine is like Mr. Burns finding gold in the riverbed

"Yay!! we are all slightly richer!!", Mr Burns.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    /facepalm
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Not saying the game is doing poorly,but a Dev isnt going to flat out say his game is doing terrible.

But in this case, GW2 is doing as well as any other theme park.After a couple months people get bored and move on to other things,with those still interested sticking around of course.As far as I go,Im really only interested in the special events at this point.

Such a succinct summary, but conveys the message so well.  +1

You could just add that many will come back for the next expansion, all part of the pattern these days.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    What needs saving exactly? Because if it was in trouble i'm not seeing it.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    No game really needs 'saving' so to speak unless its losing profits. While I believe GW2 isn't reaching the profits the producers hoped the game would make through both box sales and cash shop, its not needing 'saving' unless its actually losing profits or it is making to small of profits for the companies 'needs'.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

The game doesn´t "need to be saved".

GW2 is doing good,servers are alive and most of the time u find areas in overflow because they are full.

In my case it´s the first MMO i play for over 3 months without getting bored.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
  • GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
     I have been palying W v W more than anything. However, when I tried to get a group for the fractals, cound't get a group because most players are looking for fractals level 2 and up; since these fractals were introduced, I have noticed a big chunk of players chasing the gear that drops in there; so I went back to W v W, but these days I am not feeling PvPing much, so I took a break. W v W has been fun, but one gets tired of the same runs back and forth from supply camps to towers, etc. Also, I thought that after ANet banned many accounts, I thought W v W would be a fair game. How wrong I was. This is the part that is upsetting me more because I like W v W, but the hackers are back having their merry ways.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

If the game was loosing profit, the free content that is comming in January and February would be Xpac with a price.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue
     I have been palying W v W more than anything. However, when I tried to get a group for the fractals, cound't get a group because most players are looking for fractals level 2 and up; since these fractals were introduced, I have noticed a big chunk of players chasing the gear that drops in there; so I went back to W v W, but these days I am not feeling PvPing much, so I took a break. W v W has been fun, but one gets tired of the same runs back and forth from supply camps to towers, etc. Also, I thought that after ANet banned many accounts, I thought W v W would be a fair game. How wrong I was. This is the part that is upsetting me more because I like W v W, but the hackers are back having their merry ways.

Fractal had a flaw in that direction. New commers hardly can catch with progression. Its the lack of LFg tool or anything similar. At least we can play with players from different worlds. Use http://gw2lfg.com/ , seems to work well, so far.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    The game does not need any saving, it is a success story.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by palulalula
    What could be done to save this game? People was already bored after few weeks and now you can't find anyone for grouping. What was going wrong? Maybe open world pvp or gear with stats?

- Open world PvP!

- Player housing.

- More challenging quests.

- Remove the training wheels.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

It just needs an expansion, so people buy it and return to play for another couple of weeks. 

Other than that, I'm rather surprised at how many people still buy the PR stuff that a dev says about their own game. It's like expecting one commercial about McDonalds to tell you "And remember! At lunch, eat two better than one! Rapid death to morbid obesity and heart attack guaranteed!".

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

They need to fix the invisible armies in WvWvW.

Everything else is secondary.

Anyone with any iota of PvP-manship has left long ago for better pvp games because of this one bug/exploit, that ANet will not fix nor announce any plans to.

The ones saying it's not a problem, are the ones clamoring to the ability like a fly to dung.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

Nothing could save the game for me in its current state.  I was on the hypetrain, played it for three days, then never found the motivation to log in again.  It's just the epitome of fastfood to me.

In other words, it seemed like a good idea at the time, tasted pretty good at first, then the horribly agonizing stomach ache into the explosive bowels to finish off the night.  I learned a valuable lesson!

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    yes, they need to pull a square enix
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Problem finding groups?

Since my guild is small we often PUG in a player or 2 when we do dungeons, never have to wait longer than 5 min in LA. Of course people arent standing outside the actual dungeon as much anymore but that is just that people getting smarter.

The game dont have a dungeonfinder so the LA mapchat is the unofficial DF.

Nah, I dont think it needs saving as such but they should fix a few things (not counting balancing and necro pet AI).

* Guild Vs Guild PvP. The cornerstone of the first GW, this needs to be added with the first expansion and guildhalls is part of this.

* More and more varied high level zones. Orr and SC could have been better, undeads and karkas gets tireing after a while. Frostgorge is good but not enough.

* More sPvP maps.

*More skills. A lot more skills in fact.

That is not counting fixes and the already announced more fractals and rebalancing of the dungeons (I personally think storymode should be somewhat easier while explorable should be somewhat harder in most dungeons).

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by palulalula

That's simple really.

I find it difficult how ALL developers still don't get it, but the reason why GW2 is a "one month wonder", like most of the recent MMO has 2 main faults:

1) Community unfriendly. The gameplay provides no interaction between players. You play together with other players but you feel like you are playing with dozens of Bots rather than real people (Lack of the Trinity doesn't help as there is no strategy between player who basically do the same thing............DPS).

2) Superfast leveling with no meaningful endgame. Sorry but Raids are a big part of a MMO endgame. I know that some don't like it, but some do. it's like not putting PvP in a game, not everyone like PvP, but today you can't release a MMO without PvP, same for Raids IMO.

The thing is I actually find GW2 quite fun, unlike some of the recent Themepark I played, but when you can reach level cap in 2 weeks and it takes another 2 weeks to get the best equipment in game.............what else is there to keep me interested?

The good thing is that it is free to play and I can go back anytime.

But after almost 2 months I stopped playing it I do not feel the urge.

Looking forward for Darkfall UW next week

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    GW2 autosaves.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    GW2 autosaves.

+1!

This discussion has been closed.