Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription

ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Please AV, don't start with the basic 14$/month sure you'll not win new user ..

5$/month will be a nice idea !! i'm 10000% sure that you'll earn more than if you start with 14$/ month

I know AV is an Greek company, and they need money (Economic Crisis), but don't be so tightwad and give opportunity for playing to poor person :)

EDIT : 12/10/12

I said $ 5 per month, just like that to open the idea and different point of view. Having read your many comments, I think the price of  7-10$ USD / month is the best of the tender offer, given the current state of global economy and the proliferation of F2P, it would be wise to offer a more reasonable offer

To those who say go to work, remember, guys, that money does not fall from the sky

EDIT 2 : 

Please stop talking about DarkFall going F2P, i never said that an i don't wish that... plus it waste readability of the post

EDIT 3 :

I know my english is bad, i'm sorry but it's not my main language :)

Comments

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Scellow

5$/month will be a nice idea !! i'm 10000% sure that you'll earn more than if you start with 14$/ month

I know AV is an Greek company, and they need money (Economic Crisis), but don't be so tightwad and give opportunity for playing to poor person :)

and how do you know this for certain?

• JurredJurred Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I think you're right. I'd pay 5 a month for it, definitely not 15. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm not able to put enough time into a game every month for it to be worth 15 dollars to me.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Most of people don't play mmo with subscription because it's too expansive , most of those game fail .. but i know a litle game "dofus" with a little subsription fee (5€/month) and it works like a charm , this company earn money and new player each month

http://www.dofus.com/fr/boutique/18-abonnements

So i think it's a good idea to kill the average price of mmo and propose a little amount

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Because there will be more player

14 * 10 000 players =  140 000/m

5* 50 000 players =  250 000/m

DF is a good game ! so do not underestimate the possible number of subscriber if the game is under the average price of mmo's

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    as long as they don't have dlc/microtransaction crap i'll be happy.  
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Most of people don't play mmo with subscription because it's too expansive , most of those game fail .. but i know a litle game "dofus" with a little subsription fee (5€/month) and it works like a charm , this company earn money and new player each month

So i think it's a good idea to kill the average price of mmo and propose a little amount

DF is a good game ! so do not underestimate the possible number of subscriber if the game is under the average price of mmo's

Making up statistics is fun!

14 * 50,000 equals more than 5 * 50,000
    Everything works with statistics :)
  • cowheadcowhead Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Who is to say they would get 50000 subs if they charged $5 a month? They still may only get 10000 and they are out a great deal of money. Lower sub fee does not guarentee more subs.
  • PuppehPuppeh Member Posts: 5

I don't mind paying 14$/month if the game itself doesn't cost too much. I remember the deal with Mortal Online.. it was something like 60$ for the game and 14$ monthly subscription?.. that wasnt really good deal + they didn't get that many players either.

I would like if DF:UW had 5$ sub tho. Then i wouldnt mind pay little bit extra for the game itself.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Not a good idea.You allow f2p or a very cheap cost then players cheat left and right because they have little to lose.This is a pvp game with aiming,you can bet your life there will be cheating.It hurts more when you spend money to buy the game and sub then get booted out for cheating.

Yes i know it is a bit of a shallow reason,however the whole game will be based on pvp,so it  is what it is.

If they do something with pvp so that cheating is a non factor,then yes i could see a varied pay scale like maybe 5+ cash shop and a 15 for full access to content.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by muffins89

You don't understand

If the sub is 14$/month you'll have 10 000 person so 14 * 10 000

But if you change the amount of the sub, for sure you'll gain a new market so new users so your database will grow up

so 5*(current database) + (new database)

5* (10 000 +(xxxxxxx))

Originally posted by muffins89

You don't understand

If the sub is 14$/month you'll have 10 000 person so 14 * 10 000

But if you change the amount of the sub, for sure you'll gain a new market so new users sor your database will grow up

so 5*(current database) + (new database)

5* 10 000 +(xxxxxxx)

no i understnad what your saying.  and i half agree with you.  a lower sub would probably bring more players.  but until a bunch of people leave and tell Aventurine that the reason they left is the price of the sub they should charge what they deem necessary.  especially at launch when they will sell more subs/copies.  if someone wants to try this game at launch and is excited for it,  they most likely will pay whatever the entry fee is.  

Originally posted by Wizardry

Not a good idea.You allow f2p or a very cheap cost then players cheat left and right because they have little to lose.This is a pvp game with aiming,you can bet your life there will be cheating.It hurts more when you spend money to buy the game and sub then get booted out for cheating.

Yes i know it is a bit of a shallow reason,however the whole game will be based on pvp,so it  is what it is.

If they do something with pvp so that cheating is a non factor,then yes i could see a varied pay scale like maybe 5+ cash shop and a 15 for full access to content.

I agree but it's to AV to fix and prevent their game from cheater,  as i said, dofus is a good exemple of cheap subscription, they are economically healthy.. everthing depend on wich way AV want to go

If they want to stay at the same point they don't need to change the economic model, but if they want to grow up, i think, they need to revamp it, you know market is satured, to win you need to be original and unique, it's the law of economy

Sorry if i seem stupid,silly or whatelse, it's just because english isn't my main language so i can't explain what i really think ^^

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    $5 a month I'd consider subbing.  $14 I won't even consider it.  OP must be correct.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

The main problem I see with the $15 cost is DF never was and never will be an MMORPG.   It has always been designed with the focus solely on PvP.  I don't see how anyone can justify the price of $15 a month when many online FPS games allow a player to log on for free.  

Originally posted by Puppeh

I don't mind paying 14$/month if the game itself doesn't cost too much. I remember the deal with Mortal Online.. it was something like 60$ for the game and 14$ monthly subscription?.. that wasnt really good deal + they didn't get that many players either.

I would like if DF:UW had 5$ sub tho. Then i wouldnt mind pay little bit extra for the game itself.

i totally agree with you !

Originally posted by thinktank001

The main problem I see with the $15 cost is DF never was and never will be an MMORPG.   It has always been designed with the focus solely on PvP.  I don't see how anyone can justify the price of $15 a month when many online FPS games allow a player to log on for free.  

+100000 !

PVE content need staff so it cost money, but sandbox PVP game need nothing, just an server so i think Paying the box 40-50$ (for the work) + 5$ for server would be correct

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    If Darkfall UW had real sandbox content i'd be willing to pay 15$ but since it's just a pvp arena ( right now) and that they nerfed the way you can customize your charactr to role, well 5$ seem alright, 10$ if they add something really worth it. at 5$  I wouldnt mind paying for year sub and keep ti running.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Guy has a point, if some games i dont play any longer had cheaper subs, i would go back. But some games just are not worth 15/month. And yes if the sub prices are cheaper normaly you would get more to flock to the game, its the same principle as going F2P. Thats if DF is worthy, but so far it sounds as if they neglected pve, crafting, and few other aspects of a sandbox.
  • davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

You're under the _massive_ assumption that it will get in 5x as many players, which you have no basis for. For 1/3 the subscription fee you need to be able to gaurantee you get atleast 3x the playerbase, and even then you're only getting the same amount not more.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    I heard that 60% of the time, statistics work 100% of the time.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    With a free client, i'd pay the standard 15 a month to play (much like Perpetuum). However, if the client will cost be upwards of 50 bucks as well as 15 a month (of course industry "standard"), I will have to pass or at least wait for a trial.. Tired of buying into hope..
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Guy has a point, if some games i dont play any longer had cheaper subs, i would go back. But some games just are not worth 15/month. And yes if the sub prices are cheaper normaly you would get more to flock to the game, its the same principle as going F2P. Thats if DF is worthy, but so far it sounds as if they neglected pve, crafting, and few other aspects of a sandbox.

actully no they havent

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

I don't think dofus could have cost as much to make... hence the smaller sub fee.  Its like runescape charging $5 a month.  Alot of content but when it comes down to it.  It is still just a browser game

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by cowhead
    Who is to say they would get 50000 subs if they charged $5 a month? They still may only get 10000 and they are out a great deal of money. Lower sub fee does not guarentee more subs.

true, just remove the sub from indie games over all