Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One hacker keeping a group of 100 from taking sungrey amp station

ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

as title says.... seriously one hacker keeping an entire base locked down...

sure it was 100 nc vs 100'ish vs and as soon as we started gaining any ground on sungrey hacker started killing ppl by the 20's. If u were there this morning you know who i speak of....

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Screenshots? Video? Nothing?

Its a gosh damn shooter game, what did you expect lol. These people see mmo in front of it and think the hacking will stop? Dont care if it says mmo, its just a damn shooter game. Shooter games = hackers.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by Onomas

Well, to be fair, my thread that showed a video got deleted. I'm not complaining about that, I don't mind, but you can see why he can't post a video. Yes, it's easy to find them, just go to youtube and sort by the last 2 days, it's full of videos.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

welcome to fps pvp..what did you expect

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Kenze

Well in many games that i have played ,we just kick him out or call the cops (admin)

Let's internet

Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by Kenze welcome to fps pvp..what did you expect
    Well in many games that i have played ,we just kick him out or call the cops (admin)

yeah but this is SOE.. they are notoriously slow/unwilling to act on things like this.

—Lao-Tze

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Best thing to do is just deploy to a different continent or area. Avoid them all together.

they should hold events for those caught hacking before they ban the account.. have a guide or gm walk the condemned out and then.. WHACK

—Lao-Tze

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Proof? Well in any case, it's an FPS and I'm not at all surprised at hackers as they are prevalent in plenty of games. However, if SOE wants to maintain a decent user base, they're going to deal with it quickly, despite their usually slow response. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

they should hold events for those caught hacking before they ban the account.. have a guide or gm walk the condemned out and then.. WHACK

Only banning the account doesn't matter when new accounts are free to make.  Anti bots/hacks is one of the reasons an initial cost is important in online gaming.  Be that box price, setup fee, or something else, it just needs to be something you pay at full access account creation.

Originally posted by killion81
    Originally posted by Kenze they should hold events for those caught hacking before they ban the account.. have a guide or gm walk the condemned out and then.. WHACK

Only banning the account doesn't matter when new accounts are free to make.  Anti bots/hacks is one of the reasons an initial cost is important in online gaming.  Be that box price, setup fee, or something else, it just needs to be something you pay at full access account creation.

ip ban then maybe? idk
    either get rid of it all together or allow it for everyone

—Lao-Tze

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    what server and faction was this?
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

Yeah, but most of them are arena fps like CoD or BF3 or Counter Strike right?   Big open world is diffrent + even more importantly game is freemium which means that cheater can just create another account for free and cheat / troll on another, while in other games you would have to buy another copy.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

You guys can look back.. staunch supporter.,

I had to shut do the game this afternoon because something happened overnight.  I had no fun.  There were only a handful of them but they were in a group and bubbled us.  Once they had us pushed far enough, well everything came to it's natural conclusion.

Still fun but I think the amount of reports of this have created people with a "me too" attitude.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by fenistil

Yeah, but most of them are arena fps like CoD or BF3 or Counter Strike right?   Big open world is diffrent + even more importantly game is freemium which means that cheater can just create another account for free and cheat / troll on another, while in other games you would have to buy another copy.

PS2 is a perfect storm for hackers.

-an engine that is brand new, written by people at SoE who aren't used to writing engines

-they have no third party hack protection, they were going to use punkbuster but it's still not implemented

-it's F2P, hacking has no repercussion

-it's available to play in Russia and China, they're not using an IP check, incoming hackers

-it's a FPS, need I say more

-it's an MMOFPS, which means you can't make your own server and use administrator rights to kick hackers

-Using a hack makes you cert points really quickly, which avoids having to spend money in the cash shop

This is the perfect game to hack.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

It does seem to be getting a little worse as time goes on. I thought SoE said they had a detection system in place on the official forums somewhere..go figure now I can't find that thread.

Not sure how they plan on getting on top of this. image

• KezzadrixKezzadrix Member Posts: 90
    SOE has problems in most of their games with cheaters using 3rd party programs to do things otherwise impossible.   I have also read that they were going to "crack down" on cheaters but I don't think they ever did, at least with much success.  They say to petition if you suspect a player of cheating, only they don't reposind to your petition for hours once the cheaters are long gone.
  • daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95
    You know this is one of those problems where even the thought of it ruins the game for me.  I really liked this game when it first released, but now that I am seeing all the live streaming hackers when I get killed in game now there is this nagging thought in the back of my mind that says "Was that a hacker?".  It's a FPS so I expect to die all the time.  What I mean is I snipe a lot, so I am pretty aware of environment/surroundings/elevation/terrain etc.  I will typically be a ridiculous distance away from my targets, and when I see them in my scope turn and instantly aquire me as a target and take me down with an assault rifle before I even get a shot off on my sniper rifle it makes me suspicious.
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I've seen various, speed hackers who try to "appear" invsible by enforcing "lag" so the server does not track their position clearly and they "fly" and "port" around the map. (No, max suits can not fly)

I've seen aimbot users who snap on your position and instantly firing a headshot hit by the moment you scope over them (which luckily due to range and weapon didn't immediate kill me)

But i've never seen anyone shooting through walls or insta killing 20 at once....

I've seen gunship players wrongy accused of hacking, because they shoot at a specific position so they could hit the interiours of the building killing dozens over and over while floating above the station. But the weapon which did kill you + the sound should have been a dead giveaway of what is actually going on..

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by ellobo29

sure it was 100 nc vs 100'ish vs and as soon as we started gaining any ground on sungrey hacker started killing ppl by the 20's. If u were there this morning you know who i speak of....

How can people enjoy ruining the game. It takes away the skill and everything epic about the game. Somethings seriously wrong with them.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

I saw a youtube video that someone posted yesterday on the official forums of an NC hacker that held a base by himself against probably 50+ people.  All the typical goodies, aim bot, along with area radar/sonar so he could see on his screen where everyone was positioned.  Honestly though, I've played the game a lot since launch and I still don't find the hacking all that prevalent.  The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't need to be to have a major impact on the flow of the game. 

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

This will be the death knell for any future plans for PS2 to implement player created/owned bases, a deeper system of alliance conflicts, etc.  No one will want to invest time in anything persistent if it can be swept away by cheats/hacks.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Well, I'm glad in my FPS... it can't do this!  :P
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by denshing

How can people enjoy ruining the game. It takes away the skill and everything epic about the game. Somethings seriously wrong with them.

The internet is about the "lulz" .. The 4chans and reddits of the world make sure that everyone will laugh at you while you rage at getting "roflpwned" by a hacker in an FPS...

They don't care about the "skill", the potential of becoming a pro player or any of that.. They just want to see how mad they can make you so they can turn you into a meme on a bulletin board site and lol at you with their friends..

• InvalidStringInvalidString Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by CalmOceans
    Originally posted by Onomas

Well, to be fair, my thread that showed a video got deleted. I'm not complaining about that, I don't mind, but you can see why he can't post a video. Yes, it's easy to find them, just go to youtube and sort by the last 2 days, it's full of videos.

They already said they dont delete them, just move them into a places where the mods can view them.