Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favorite race(s) in an MMO?

2»

Comments

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Human
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

1. DAoC = Celts

2. WoW = Undead, Orc

3. GW2 = Human

4. SWToR = Human

5. Warhammer, AoR = Chaos, Dark Elves

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    FFXI's Galka. How they're asexual and only reborn once they die - it's interesting. And there's lots of lore built up around how they were ran out of there home desert by antlions and took up with humans, eventually being near slaves digging there mines and such. 
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Shorter races in general I prefer. Mostly. Petite might be more accurate since they don't always have to be amazingly smaller than the other races.

Fae/Arasai in EQ2 for example

Halflings in DDO

Asura from GW2

In general it goes on like that for most I have tried. I'll end up playing elves of some sort if they are the smaller race often as well.

Otherwise it's a human with the slider at it's low end.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I like the fact that a lot of you like to play all these funky races--it adds variety and flavor to the worlds. Me and my characters? I'm a 100% certified human chauvinist pig...and proud of it image  I don't even like all the odd human-like anime choices in eastern MMOs.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Sylvari in GW2.  Undead in WoW I agree with as well.

Other than that I usually hate non human races.  Especially cat-people with ears and tails. 

ETA:  That said, I do prefer games with a lot of choices in regards to race / class. 

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

I for one really like the Miqo'te race from Final Fantasy XIV :) I think they are adorable :)

• Outkast22Outkast22 Member Posts: 51

Pretty much dwarves in any game but to be more specific the games are below.

War - Dwarves, probably my favorite.

DAOC - Dwarves

Shadowbane - Dwarves and Centaur

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Orcs in Lineage 2, they are just completely different to the general idea of how Orcs should be. 

Iksar in EQ2 I love playing Lizardmen especially evil ones and thats leads to my next one.

Dark Elves in Vanguard I see a theme forming here, another tough and nasty race.

I also like playing Barbarian type races like in EQ/EQ2 and now in GW2 I'm playing a Norn, tough, heavy drinking, no-nonsense fighter types who hail from the cold mountain regions.

I also like playing Wood/High Elves for that holier than thou superiority feeling they bring to MMO's.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    I always thought the bouncing night elves in WoW were cute.  Dated looking these days, but liked that little quirk.
  • BadLuckBrettBadLuckBrett Member Posts: 22

In no particular order:

Ratonga (EQ2)

Iksar (EQ2)

Rodian (SWG)

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I usually roll with a human or elf in most fantasy MMOs. But overall, I thought the Wookiee in SWG was very cool for it's day. I loved that they had a language that no other race could speak. A special nod goes to the Twi'leks (also of SWG) for their non-verbal language speaking with their head tails.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

Oooo, this turned into a picture thread!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Anything Dark Elf of Humans from nordic sounding places.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Dwarves.

That's about it, Dwarves.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Bothans, they make great rangers.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• SeiTieSSeiTieS Member Posts: 21

wow - undead (warlock)

l2 - dark elves

maestia - temperion knights

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Lizardmen generally. Their culture trends tend to be interesting I find, and they look incredible/intimidating in heavy armor. If they aren't available then usually a human.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Species.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Mithra from FFXI