Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The point of this game is unknown?

mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

I mean the game just makes ZERO sense all the way around to me

You can be a sniper and one shot a heavy infantry from 300m or even further.. I dont even play this stupid inf class, because I have skill and can move and shoot and don't need to be invisible to do this, but whatever the range... can one shot you, full energy shield and health and even like +15% hit points....  ONE SHOT KILLS YOU...

But, then, i have a heavy machine gun wiht HUGE DAMAGE, almost full bar of the damage meter that compares guns and I run point blank next to a Infiltrator or a Light Assault, or a Medic (worse of all, because for some reason a medic can slaughter your ass silly with his pea shooter)  and I go toe to toe point blank and even though I am putting like 30 rounds into the player he is NOT dieing...

I repeat, 30 rounds from a heavy gun, from 5 meters and the player does NOT DIE.....

But then at the same time.. other people come behind me and its like phhhft phhhffft phhhfft.. in .5 seconds im dead... not even have the reaction to hit my shields even though its the first thought on my mind and my finger is right erhere.. literally faster than a half a second...

Makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever, i have 100 bullets, woop dee do.. means nothing.. how is this a heavy class?

Game is made perfectly to suck money, nothing but money digging on this game..

Create a fish in the barrel linear warzone, with one shot snipers and cloakers, just what the kids want to pretend to be super heros, make a pointless grinder, with a ridiciculous slow progression system of boredom, sit back and collect the impulse sales...

Well done sony... well done... but sorry I wont be back for your next one

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

The point of any game is to have fun. That takes care of that.

As to the balance of heavies vs snipers, perhaps that is a balance pass that is waiting to be done. Have you tried any other classes and found certain things they suck at that they shouldnt? Maybe it's intentional then.

Perhaps there are skills or different stats you need to look into the increase your effectiveness with your big gun there. Dunno, havent played the game. I have a couple friends that do, and they havent lodged any complaints over our Teamspeak, so i reckon it's something you are doing wrong...dunno tho, havent played. They seem to enjoy it though. Maybe not your type of game then?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by mikecackle

You can be a sniper and one shot a heavy infantry from 300m or even further.. I dont even play this stupid inf class, because I have skill and can move and shoot and don't need to be invisible to do this, but whatever the range... can one shot you, full energy shield and health and even like +15% hit points....  ONE SHOT KILLS YOU...

But, then, i have a heavy machine gun wiht HUGE DAMAGE, almost full bar of the damage meter that compares guns and I run point blank next to a Infiltrator or a Light Assault, or a Medic (worse of all, because for some reason a medic can slaughter your ass silly with his pea shooter)  and I go toe to toe point blank and even though I am putting like 30 rounds into the player he is NOT dieing...

I repeat, 30 rounds from a heavy gun, from 5 meters and the player does NOT DIE.....

But then at the same time.. other people come behind me and its like phhhft phhhffft phhhfft.. in .5 seconds im dead... not even have the reaction to hit my shields even though its the first thought on my mind and my finger is right erhere.. literally faster than a half a second...

Makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever, i have 100 bullets, woop dee do.. means nothing.. how is this a heavy class?

Create a fish in the barrel linear warzone, with one shot snipers and cloakers, just what the kids want to pretend to be super heros, make a pointless grinder, with a ridiciculous slow progression system of boredom, sit back and collect the impulse sales...

I think the point of the game is to shoot other people. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, why do you even post in this forum. Everything you say is rose tinted negative. You haven't mentioned one positive thing about the game. There are positives, you just refuse to talk about them for some reason.

So why waste your time here if the game just isn't for you? There are plenty of others game to play. Go do that instead.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by denshing

I think the point of the game is to shoot other people. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, why do you even post in this forum. Everything you say is rose tinted negative. You haven't mentioned one positive thing about the game. There are positives, you just refuse to talk about them for some reason.

So why waste your time here if the game just isn't for you? There are plenty of others game to play. Go do that instead.

no quite frankly the game sucks, nothing positive other than how its made for the masses... thats the positive... makes no sense but they want your money and will do all the stupid tricks and you love it...

have fun in this game? I listen to my guild of 200 bark the same shit...

Yes, I am negative.. seems you can't handle it.. maybe it's you who should leave the forums to those that can debate and talk logically. The only people who can't handle negative are the weak.. So are you weak? Let's see

no quite frankly the game sucks, nothing positive other than how its made for the masses... thats the positive... makes no sense but they want your money and will do all the stupid tricks and you love it...

have fun in this game? I listen to my guild of 200 bark the same shit...

Yes, I am negative.. seems you can't handle it.. maybe it's you who should leave the forums to those that can debate and talk logically. The only people who can't handle negative are the weak.. So are you weak? Let's see

You honestly think you are being logical? I'd ask you for what sort of drugs you are on, but then again I don't really want to know.

You say 200 people are saying the same thing? Heh, not very logical if you ask me. I find it nearly impossible for 200 people to be on at the same exact time, saying the exact same thing.

Also, it's highly irrational to continue talking trash about a game one does not like. When you could simply state your opinion once, and get over it. Instead, you say the same thing over, and over, and over. You aren't original, and you aren't being very creative with your attacks to the game.

Until you bring up something that's even remotely true about the game, nobody is going to take you seriously. Even further reason as to why you are wasting your time on this forum.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Hold the right mouse button and actually aim.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    The point of the game is to have fun. If you're not having fun go find something else to do. It's really not that difficult of a concept.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

This game has no purpose, yet. Other than to shoot people, it is after all just a shooter game.

I do play and have a sub to PS2(all-access pass really), but it was a disappointment to be honest. WOuld have been better if taking territory actualy meant something than just 20-40 resources. Extra certs, medals, rewards, etc. Would also liked it if they added a fourth faction (npc only) of alien life forms hostile to all factions. This would offer a pve atmosphere for those that like it and help tone up your fighting skills. It is an alien world after all, but no life forms :/

But it is still new, and do hope they add more.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Mike,

If you're a heavy, hit F.  DUH.  Shield yourself.

And ALL classes get one shot kill to the head MINUS a Max.

All your shooting means nothing if he's spent his certs on armor or health or shielding upgrades.  All that damage meter tells you is relative.  The actual TTK is not shown there.

Finally, Infiltrators CANNOT shoot you while cloaked.

I think I've cleared up all your misrepresentations.

P.S.  What is with all this whining?  All the reviews so far have been 9+.  If you're just getting into it now, you have a HELLA learning curve because MOST of us have been learning/playing since beta.  We KNOW where to stash our AMS, we KNOW each bases generators, we KNOW how to account for bullet drop and that a short distance weapon has a snowballs chance in hell of hitting someone greater than 10 ft away.

Originally posted by Onomas

This game has no purpose, yet. Other than to shoot people, it is after all just a shooter game.

I do play and have a sub to PS2(all-access pass really), but it was a disappointment to be honest. WOuld have been better if taking territory actualy meant something than just 20-40 resources. Extra certs, medals, rewards, etc. Would also liked it if they added a fourth faction (npc only) of alien life forms hostile to all factions. This would offer a pve atmosphere for those that like it and help tone up your fighting skills. It is an alien world after all, but no life forms :/

So taking bases gives 20-40 resources, extra certs, medals, rewards, xp, kill scores, and new place to push forward. What exactly, would they add to this? Surely you must realize that those are WAY more perks than most FPS give.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Man you're post had me crackin up! Look, it's all about fighting in a battle. You try to lone wolf it and you're gonna get yourself killed. Only person on foot that should have that option is a infiltrator and maybe a MAX. Look at it this way.

Heavies: You cannot have every heavy out there thinkin he's John "freakin" Rambo.  You're a heavy not a MAX. Play with a squad. Or go hunt vehicles.

Infiltrators: Inf are not out there racking up kills. Yeah they may SEEM to be killing folks left and right but trust me we're not. It's a lot of hiking for the perfect kill spot while trying to go undetected.

Medics: Medics are less desired to be played out of most Co-Op FPS. This is why devs are now giving them perks for being a healbot. But who wants to heal and not kill? Thus they have good weapons (not the best) and a healing aura to boot.

Funny thing is if you die you can spawn and switch to any of these roles at any time. Try not to pigeon hole yourself and be a one trick pony. I play different roles for different situations.

• If I'm defending I'm going medic or engineer.
    • If I'm riding shotgun I'm going infiltrator so when I leave I can take cover.
    • If I'm drivin I'm going heavy so if I bail I can pop a shield.
    • If I'm flyin I'm going assault so if I bail I can freakin fly!
    • If I feel like bringin the hurt with a troop transport is around I go MAX baby!
    The only guys racking up kills and sporting high ranks are the versatile players that KNOW that different situations call for different tools. I mean you can't build a house with only a hammer. Diversify man.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

So taking bases gives 20-40 resources, extra certs, medals, rewards, xp, kill scores, and new place to push forward. What exactly, would they add to this? Surely you must realize that those are WAY more perks than most FPS give.

There is a period between resources and Extra certs ;)

They dont give you anything other than 20-40 resources. Would be nice to have the other stuff.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Cmon man.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

• If I feel like bringin the hurt with a troop transport is around I go MAX baby!

I used to play assault to bail when I'm about to blow up. But when I got a lot better, I noticed that I needed to repair my plane a lot more than I needed to bail. So I go engineer so I can repair 8-9 times before I finally die, and by then I have a new mossy ready to go.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Medics: Medics are less desired to be played out of most Co-Op FPS. This is why devs are now giving them perks for being a healbot. But who wants to heal and not kill? Thus they have good weapons (not the best) and a healing aura to boot.

This is why my medic has 2 gold medal guns (Gauss and NS11).  Forward grip, 4x sight, long range ammo.  He's a beast.  Just stands around calling things out, then I switch to healbot and hit f and heal.

Today was a Max/Reaver day for me.  LOTS of certs gained.  (250 or so.  I didn't check when I logged but I was around 40 or so after spending 80 on reaver upgrades, 50 on AMS, and whatever C4 costs a Light Assault)

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

L2P issue nothing more. There is nothing in the cash shop that would make you better if you can't kill someone 5 meters from you.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

I think the point is to have fun killing people with futuristic weapons. 

Or from a business perspective,

The point is not to make zero sense, but rather to specifically make more than zero cents. 

Sorry to say but is Planetside 2 not World of Plantside 2. It's all bout all out war among 3 factions. Humans killed all indigenous life on the planet or at least they should have before they started a war among themselves. But soon you'll have Wildstar to explore to your hearts content (and hopefully mine as well).

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Problem is many dont know how to play their class properly and others dont know how to help that class. Like a medic running out to try to kill first and dies does nothing for the team. Or a group not protecting their engineers or medics. When i see medics just running around blasting things or an engineer sitting on a turret and not dropping ammo in a fire fight it pisses me off. I have been known to shoot these people on sight :/

Sorry to say but is Planetside 2 not World of Plantside 2. It's all bout all out war among 3 factions. Humans killed all indigenous life on the planet or at least they should have before they started a war among themselves. But soon you'll have Wildstar to explore to your hearts content (and hopefully mine as well).

It wont harm the game to add more. Indepth is better, gives players options. Guess you like having your hand held and have it as simple as possible so it doesnt confuse you? Big step up from hello kitty online huh?

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    By now all these L2P posts should be over... But no....

I used to play assault to bail when I'm about to blow up. But when I got a lot better, I noticed that I needed to repair my plane a lot more than I needed to bail. So I go engineer so I can repair 8-9 times before I finally die, and by then I have a new mossy ready to go.

Sounds about right. Me? I hate flyin. IRL and in-game. I like my boots firmly planted on the ground man. But I at least wanted to see what all those flyboys were raving about. Needless to say I have mucho respect for them and what they do (IRL and in-game ^^) but if I die I want to die with dirt under mah feet!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

WTF?

Did all 30 rounds hit the player?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

It wont harm the game to add more. Indepth is better, gives players options. Guess you like having your hand held and have it as simple as possible so it doesnt confuse you? Big step up from hello kitty online huh?

HOW'D YOU KNOW I PLAYED HELLO KITTY ONLINE?!? Dude you spyin on me? Seriously sometimes I'm in the mood for a turkey sammich doesn't mean I want to celebrate Thanksgiving again, ya know? Just give me a good MMOFPS, you can skip the fixin!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

First of all

You cant be stealthed while firing your weapon

second of all

you need to get hit in the head in order for a one shot kill..

So if a sniper shot and killed you from 300 meters away,it either was a lucky hit or it was your fault for standing still in the open for too long.

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    Master Troll 2012. Congratulations on your fine effort; it was a good read.