Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favorite race(s) in an MMO?

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,935Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by evilastro

1. Ratonga - EQ2

2. Iksar - EQ / EQ2

3. Froglok - EQ / EQ2

4. Charr - GW2

5. Sylvari - GW2

6. Popori - TERA

7. Raki - Vanguard

8 - Vulmae - Vanguard

9. Aman - TERA

10. Halfling - EQ2 / LOTRO

That's my top 10. EQ2 probably has the best racial selection out of any MMO at the moment. Although TERA has some pretty cool races, just not as diverse. Looking forward to EQ Next as I love the EQ races and lore.

I like those EQ/EQ2 choices!  For me, City of Heroes had the best system of character creaation.   Every game should do something like that.

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,539Member Uncommon

High Elves(or Asur) from Warhammer Online. But every race from that game looks good really-and true to IP. Weird animations and various assorted bugs ruined it for me tho...

High Elves(or Altmer) from TES. They are so...haughty looking. Noble really. And magical. And they should be those things. Don't Like beards on Elves tho...

Elves from LoTR:O-really nice looking. The same that applies to WAR's races applies here as well. But there is not enough difference between characters...

Elyos from Aion did humans pretty well(or rather Angels)

And Btw-those so called "Elves" in WoW are really ugly. Antenna ears ftl :(. They are fugly in all aspects(yes Asur can look Battle-hardened ugly, but not ugly ugly).

So with all that said-I have to go with Elyos(objectivelly). Subjectivelly, It'd be either Asur or Altmer or Calaquends(but you can't play them-Noldors are good I guess).

I have a thing for Elves, don't I? ;)

• defector1968defector1968 Nar ShaddaaPosts: 389Member Uncommon
  • VladamyreVladamyre South Shore, KYPosts: 225Member Uncommon

1. DAoC = Celts

2. WoW = Undead, Orc

3. GW2 = Human

4. SWToR = Human

5. Warhammer, AoR = Chaos, Dark Elves

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• DraronDraron A town in, KYPosts: 993Member
    FFXI's Galka. How they're asexual and only reborn once they die - it's interesting. And there's lots of lore built up around how they were ran out of there home desert by antlions and took up with humans, eventually being near slaves digging there mines and such. 
  • DeivosDeivos Posts: 2,190Member Uncommon

Shorter races in general I prefer. Mostly. Petite might be more accurate since they don't always have to be amazingly smaller than the other races.

Fae/Arasai in EQ2 for example

Halflings in DDO

Asura from GW2

In general it goes on like that for most I have tried. I'll end up playing elves of some sort if they are the smaller race often as well.

Otherwise it's a human with the slider at it's low end.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." 

- Thomas B. Macaulay

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,998Member Rare
    I like the fact that a lot of you like to play all these funky races--it adds variety and flavor to the worlds. Me and my characters? I'm a 100% certified human chauvinist pig...and proud of it image  I don't even like all the odd human-like anime choices in eastern MMOs.
  • redcappredcapp brook, NYPosts: 722Member

Sylvari in GW2.  Undead in WoW I agree with as well.

Other than that I usually hate non human races.  Especially cat-people with ears and tails. 

ETA:  That said, I do prefer games with a lot of choices in regards to race / class. 

• ZierrityZierrity tonsbergPosts: 230Member Uncommon

I for one really like the Miqo'te race from Final Fantasy XIV :) I think they are adorable :)

• Outkast22Outkast22 Rosenhayn, NJPosts: 51Member

Pretty much dwarves in any game but to be more specific the games are below.

War - Dwarves, probably my favorite.

DAOC - Dwarves

Shadowbane - Dwarves and Centaur

• CalerxesCalerxes LondonPosts: 1,630Member Uncommon

Orcs in Lineage 2, they are just completely different to the general idea of how Orcs should be. 

Iksar in EQ2 I love playing Lizardmen especially evil ones and thats leads to my next one.

Dark Elves in Vanguard I see a theme forming here, another tough and nasty race.

I also like playing Barbarian type races like in EQ/EQ2 and now in GW2 I'm playing a Norn, tough, heavy drinking, no-nonsense fighter types who hail from the cold mountain regions.

I also like playing Wood/High Elves for that holier than thou superiority feeling they bring to MMO's.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,539Member Uncommon
    Fascinating! I didn't think I'd run into people who are heavily into single race as I am(me=Elves-preferably High/Light, but Wood are good as well, Darks are no-no{unless Neutral Like in TES} and Outkast=Dwarfs).

Let me guess-you could name the King of Iron Mountains(during The Hobbit time) instantly? And name ALL the Dwarfs from The Hobbit without reading it somewhere(not only those from the, hm, fellowship{?})...

Nice to see all the various answers(even Undead LoL-what is so good about rotting corpses?) :D
  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,161Member Uncommon
    I always thought the bouncing night elves in WoW were cute.  Dated looking these days, but liked that little quirk.
  • BadLuckBrettBadLuckBrett Boston, MAPosts: 22Member

In no particular order:

Ratonga (EQ2)

Iksar (EQ2)

Rodian (SWG)

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Edison, NJPosts: 457Member Common
    I usually roll with a human or elf in most fantasy MMOs. But overall, I thought the Wookiee in SWG was very cool for it's day. I loved that they had a language that no other race could speak. A special nod goes to the Twi'leks (also of SWG) for their non-verbal language speaking with their head tails.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILPosts: 1,610Member Uncommon

Oooo, this turned into a picture thread!

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,078Member Uncommon
    Anything Dark Elf of Humans from nordic sounding places.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Uncommon

That's about it, Dwarves.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi CoruscantPosts: 186Member
    Bothans, they make great rangers.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• SeiTieSSeiTieS Quezon CityPosts: 21Member

wow - undead (warlock)

l2 - dark elves

maestia - temperion knights

• WolfenprideWolfenpride San''doria, WIPosts: 3,988Member
    Lizardmen generally. Their culture trends tend to be interesting I find, and they look incredible/intimidating in heavy armor. If they aren't available then usually a human.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Behind Enemy Lines, FLPosts: 948Member Uncommon

Censorship is intended to create an illusion that one side of the debate is correct and unopposed. Silence is not consent.

• tollboothtollbooth grants pass, ORPosts: 298Member
    Mithra from FFXI