Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR - Space Project - It Does Exist!!!!!

Comments

• Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k
    I suspect by the time they do deliver this it will be too little too late.

Even if subs would go down for a while, assuming that people won't stay for new content promissed every 6-8 weeks, and I assure you most people will stay as there is nothing on the market at the moment that would tempt them, they will rebound after this project go live.

I don't understand this POV at all.  Sure there are tons of people who play SWTOR because it's the only Star Wars MMO out there.  But plenty of people have had no problem leaving SWTOR for non Star Wars games.  Most people aren't so attached to one IP that they'll ignore other games that might be a better fit for them.

mark my words if a pre-cu swg came back? you'd have maybe two people in tor before they go over to the good game we all like and want back.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Masonic1

Even if subs would go down for a while, assuming that people won't stay for new content promissed every 6-8 weeks, and I assure you most people will stay as there is nothing on the market at the moment that would tempt them, they will rebound after this project go live.

I don't understand this POV at all.  Sure there are tons of people who play SWTOR because it's the only Star Wars MMO out there.  But plenty of people have had no problem leaving SWTOR for non Star Wars games.  Most people aren't so attached to one IP that they'll ignore other games that might be a better fit for them.

mark my words if a pre-cu swg came back? you'd have maybe two people in tor before they go over to the good game we all like and want back.

That is provided the pre-cu comes with some decent polish and a bit of theme park content too so players don't get lost ;)

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Deewe

That is provided the pre-cu comes with some decent polish and a bit of theme park content too so players don't get lost ;)

LOL I guess I am the one of the mentioned two image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Erm...would a free roaming space sim aspect of the game not sort of involve designing an entirely new engine...since neither the main game engine and the rails space sim engine can handle...?
    Also one more thing...  those who play Empire in TOR would have to have reasonable equivalent. Once you go for Empire there's no way to be a Rep.  Not many MMOs currently are offering to play villains. At least I am not aware of any.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Also one more thing...  those who play Empire in TOR would have to have reasonable equivalent. Once you go for Empire there's no way to be a Rep.  Not many MMOs currently are offering to play villains. At least I am not aware of any.

Did not feel that much of a villain in TOR, more like a greedy peon if you ask...

Too often the dark choices are just about getting $$$. As if Sith or Jedi gliding towards the dark side cares about money.

But well some dark choice were indeed being an ass... that did not either fit the IP about being on the dark side.

Back to the space content and SWG: the nice thing about JTL is you had multiplayer space ships.

It allowed players more comfortable with 3D to bring in on friends and put them in turrets.

Then runs after runs, they would start to gettin the tricks and proceed to fly their own ship, side by side with a wing mate.

Eventually they'd start flying alone and more surprinsingly, or not, getting involved in PvP at some point and be good!

One thing you have to hope if they are really making a free roaming space sim is base it not on BFII (too easy so boring in the long term), nor even JTL & Wing  Commander (messy UI and controls) but on X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

very true. But only if they do a huge graphics revamp, add some stories and fix a ton of bugs

Originally posted by Volenibblets
    Erm...would a free roaming space sim aspect of the game not sort of involve designing an entirely new engine...since neither the main game engine and the rails space sim engine can handle...?

There's quite none environmental drawing in space content, so even if the game engine sucks it shall be able to handle quite a few space ships and 3D objects.

Howver they have a very serious challenge to make a multiplayer space sim working: they have to synchronise the client's data.

Ie: for now it's impossible as what you see in game isn't exactly what others see. You can feel this in PvP and much more if you do multiboxing.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Star Citizen will dwarf their little SSSP space attempt.

I'm quite sure it's some "warzones," Moonbreaker style, you'll queue up, get a loading screen, shoot around in an instance with 16 players steering with mouse (no joystick support), 3rd person view, no cockpits, no complicated flight sim controls to cater to their casual customers.

Warzone ends, followed by a loading screen.

All in glorious dull Hero Engine clone wars graphics, tested to work on 2005 office laptops.

there, the SSSP in a nutshell.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I would rather have the SWG that was shut down before SWTOR went live. The dev team at the end took the NGE disaster and made it really nice. Besides, it had atmospheric flight at the end, which was awesome.

I was no fan of the pre-NGE skills grind. But, I hate any kind of mmo grind.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Star Citizen will dwarf their little SSSP space attempt.

I'm quite sure it's some "warzones," Moonbreaker style, you'll queue up, get a loading screen, shoot around in an instance with 16 players steering with mouse (no joystick support), 3rd person view, no cockpits, no complicated flight sim controls to cater to their casual customers.

Warzone ends, followed by a loading screen.

All in glorious dull Hero Engine clone wars graphics, tested to work on 2005 office laptops.

there, the SSSP in a nutshell.

yes, this is the absolute maximum I expect..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpVDPyH384c

Moonbreaker.

And let me add, earliest date is probably sometime 2014..."far out in the future".

lol @bioware

just sad.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Did not feel that much of a villain in TOR, more like a greedy peon if you ask...

Too often the dark choices are just about getting $$$. As if Sith or Jedi gliding towards the dark side cares about money.

But well some dark choice were indeed being an ass... that did dnot either fit the IP about being on the dark side.

Back to the space content and SWG: the nice thing about JTL is you had multiplayer space ships.

It allowed players more comfortable with 3D to bring in on friends and put them in turrets.

Then runs after runs, they would start to gettin the tricks and proceed to fly their own ship, side by side with a wing mate.

Eventually they'd start flying alone and more surprinsingly, or not, getting involved in PvP at some point and be good!

One thing you have to hope if they are really making a free roaming space sim is base it not on BFII (too easy so boring in the long term), nor even JTL & Wing  Commander (messy UI and controls) but on X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

deleted... should not post today LOL celebrating and had some wine LOL  ... anyway money and power are two factors that can make person evil... both of these factors are present in SWTOR. And sure being an ass just for a sake of it /grin it's there too. I would say all aspects are present, side quests are more money oriented, class quest depending on class...

But well some dark choice were indeed being an ass... that did dnot either fit the IP about being on the dark side.

deleted... should not post today LOL celebrating and had some wine LOL  ... anyway money and power are two factors that can make person evil... both of these factors are present in SWTOR. And sure being an ass just for a sake of it /grin it's there too. I would say all aspects are present, side quests are more money oriented, class quest depending on class...

Sith != Evil.

Too often (90%) dark side choices does fith with the spirit.

Sith != Evil.

Too often (90%) dark side choices does fith with the spirit.

But.. but... one of my Sith is good... really!!!!!!! image

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    I don't blame them for not having the space project to come with the game. Space wasn't in SWG right away. Its going to be a sellout if the space will be any good. I'll come back if it looks good.

You know, I know and Bob knows... SW:ToR is ancient history now. It's the game of the past and will never recover whatever they try to do. At best they'll manage to keep those 200k (or what's the number today?) players around and that's it.

Being evil or good gives you no edge/hinder against the opposite.

If you're talking RP instead of raw numbers then probably there's some sense in your words. Raw numbers tell me it's all the same what decisions you make in the game according to LS or DS. You benefit zip on it (except that being other than extreme might hinder you from buing shitty gear).

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    I don't blame them for not having the space project to come with the game. Space wasn't in SWG right away. Its going to be a sellout if the space will be any good. I'll come back if it looks good.

You know, I know and Bob knows... SW:ToR is ancient history now. It's the game of the past and will never recover whatever they try to do. At best they'll manage to keep those 200k (or what's the number today?) players around and that's it.

500k-750k subs. 2nd Biggest sub based game right now.

Yep everything other then 1st is irrelevant.. Kids these days...image

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

Originally posted by Xirik

Second time I see you posting that. Link plz?

Thanks for the estimation and a compliment. Every now and then it helps midlife crisis to hear such kind words.

But the numbers you said are to be projected towards other F2P games (or Freemiums, as some say) instead of subscription based games. Just to repeat it in case you didn't catch it, SW:ToR isn't a sub based game anymore.

So, there's WoW that's sub based game and then there's EVE. Any other MMO these days that don't have somekind of Freemium or B2P type account model?

Being evil or good gives you no edge/hinder against the opposite.

If you're talking RP instead of raw numbers then probably there's some sense in your words. Raw numbers tell me it's all the same what decisions you make in the game according to LS or DS. You benefit zip on it (except that being other than extreme might hinder you from buing shitty gear).

Of course I am talking RP. This is SWTOR...

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Thanks for the estimation and a compliment. Every now and then it helps midlife crisis to hear such kind words.

But the numbers you said are to be projected towards other F2P games (or Freemiums, as some say) instead of subscription based games. Just to repeat it in case you didn't catch it, SW:ToR isn't a sub based game anymore.

So, there's WoW that's sub based game and then there's EVE. Any other MMO these days that don't have somekind of Freemium or B2P type account model?

Rift is sub based and manages to pump out a startling amount of content. TSW and Tera are still sub based. There are others that have smaller player bases but are still sub based. Final Fantasy has stated they will remain sub based. TESO will be sub based.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

okay Sevenstar.....tell you what.. lets make a deal

If this comes out, ill bake you lasanga on your space ship and post screenshots.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

Are you stuck in the past? lol.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41

no it doesn't.

bioware knows that the players are leaving and really came up with the whole thing as a way to try and slow the leaving player base down. note that it's barely working.

Originally posted by Beanpuie

okay Sevenstar.....tell you what.. lets make a deal

If this comes out, ill bake you lasanga on your space ship and post screenshots.

I take it LOL