Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good, I'm glad the devs failed. I hope they read this.

Its good to see a carebear game die. They should of made a server like AC Darktide for AC2 then I would of played but since the PVP server in AC2 was carebear I didn't even bother.

Hey AC2 devs you lose! Don't call yourselves men making such a carebear game. Losers.

LuzArius
AC Darktide

Comments

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

::::12::

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

Oh jeeze...::::12::

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• daq113daq113 Member Posts: 95

Uhm,ok......

• LordPonchoLordPoncho Member Posts: 20
    image yep, what the smily says
  • BatavierBatavier Member Posts: 42

Sure, whatever. image

GROUP HUG!

Played: AC, AC2, Anarchy Online, AoC, D&D Online, Dark+Light, EQ2, EVE Online, FF XI, Guild Wars, Lineage II, Lotro, Ragnarok, Ryzom, Star Wars Galaxies, Ultima Online, WAR, WoW, etc. Also various MUDs

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

what a idiot:P

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• spydermr2spydermr2 Member Posts: 336

Originally posted by Horsas
    Its good to see a carebear game die. They should of made a server like AC Darktide for AC2 then I would of played but since the PVP server in AC2 was carebear I didn't even bother.Hey AC2 devs you lose! Don't call yourselves men making such a carebear game. Losers.LuzArius
    AC Darktide

Frightening, disgusting attitude for anyone to have. Gaming of any sort would be served by people with that sort of attitude NOT signing on anymore. Actually, real life would be better served if this sort of atittude didn't exist. I mean, cripes, celebrating the fact that those who did like the game now can't play it? Celebrating that someone's efforts and work is being erased (whether you like the work or not)?

Ick. Reprehensible.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Im 100% sure you are one off those who been kicked so much that you try be big boy on forums only talk but on a FFA server a cry baby who whine and grief and try to be tough but nowhere to be found when a fight comming up:P

Its a fact reactions like this from losers like you:P are the biggest losers in game and you prolly have never played on FFA server :P

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88
    So this mean there all going back to AC1? image

• Disturbed1Disturbed1 Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Horsas
    Hey AC2 devs you lose! Don't call yourselves men making such a carebear game. Losers.LuzArius
    AC Darktide

Huh. I never knew it was PvP that made men.

I'd always kinda figured it was having testicles.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Take heart, at least this guy is safely tucked away safely in AC - DT with the other 10 people who feel this way.

AC PvP is NOT true PvP my friend. It is a childs playground of gankers. Maybe you should try some true PvP games and experience PvP as it should be.

Flaming games for not meeting your PvP expectations is just silly.

• peffectpeffect Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Torak
    Take heart, at least this guy is safely tucked away safely in AC - DT with the other 10 people who feel this way.
    AC PvP is NOT true PvP my friend. It is a childs playground of gankers. Maybe you should try some true PvP games and experience PvP as it should be.
    Flaming games for not meeting your PvP expectations is just silly.

"Flaming games for not meeting your PvP expectations is just silly."

silly indeed, and that's what you have just done. ironic isn't it?

what exactly do you consider "true pvp"? forced side-vs-side conflict?

maybe you like the "true pvp" style of DAOC, where each side had it's own cutsie safe zone to level in and only fought in designated areas against designated enemies.

or maybe you like the "true pvp" of WoW, where you add cute little artificial battle grounds for pvp to take place in to the DAOC mix.

i don't think pvp should be some artificial reds-v-blues thing. and you don't need to be "flagged red" or some other artaficial crap when you have the freedom of a massive guild war. the players make their own penalties and enforce their own justice, perfect pvp.

it doesn't get any more real than a player controlled ffa server where guild politics run things. the guild-vs-guild wars of old school DT were the most real pvp I've ever seen. it doesn't get more real than having another guild raid your home and take over your leveling grounds.

you probably either never tried AC-DT, or never made it into a real guild and a decent level. yes, there was loads of newbie ganking, but that was the kick in the face that separated those who couldn't cut it, who didn't belong, from those who could and did. darktide was a place where you actually had to bust your ass and earn your way. and as such, was much more rewarding. the login screen always said to pick another server if you were new to the game.

but it was hard to gank people over level 20, when 95% of people, who learned item magic and were high enough level to portal themselves could easily escape a fight they felt they couldn't win. and there was lifestone camping, but that was what we call attrition, you don't fight a guild war and let the other side have a safe haven.

of course AC's pvp was eventually patched into suck. what with going "pink" and such. such is the cycle of things.

and before you go and tell me i should try some other games with "true pvp", i've played shadowbane, WOW (currently) and DAOC, all games that are supposed to be all about pvp, among many others. no need to rehash a line as trite as that.

i stumbled upon some of your posts in the AC1 forum and i bet if you actually got a leg up back in the days before the average level guy was 100+ you'd have really loved what DT had to offer. when i first got AC, i tried DT like a newb, got ganked over and over, and went to LC to figure out the game... i got to 40, got bored, went back to DT, ran out into the woods and ground on my own. you have to understand the mindset of the average DT player, they had a rough time and resented getting pvp wrecking content (like robes, lonnnnng before hollow weapons came around) patches aimed at the whites, so you really did have to prove yourself. but because of how hard it was, when you got into a decent guild and got involved in the server it was extremely rewarding. the big guild wars of old were something i've just not seen anywhere else since.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Hey hey, I'm on your sideimage

At the time, I was iritated at the OP for just making a silly comment like that. I agree that any PvP is better then none. Sure we could argue about what types are better but at least we have common ground there.

I agree the WoW format is silly. I hated waiting in Que to do PvP. That just completely screws up the game (IMHO) The battlefields have one purpose - to keep you grinding away at ranks. They have no other purpose. (again IMHO)

DAoC has its merits. Also both games have PvP servers if you like open PvP. I must admit that I never played either of these games in open PvP. To be honest I only played AC-DT for about a week or two from what I remember. It wasn't all that good of an experience at the time. It may have changed, like MMORPGs tend to do. Your right, I didn't give it a chance but I was new to MMORPGs at the time. I didn't really start getting into PvP until I played  DAoC.  Now its hard to play a game that doesn't have PvP. (don't ask me what possesed me to try EQ2, Im a sucker for graphics I guess) I was amazed that SWG basically ignores PvP! Such a waste....

Yes I know most of these games place artifical boundries on PvP but that is pretty much all there is out there right now. Again, aside from open PvP servers in many games.

What I can say is that PvP is a far better gameplay then PvE. 

I play Lineage 2 right now and that is about as close as I can get to what I'm looking for as far as a challenge, PvP and nice graphics. Is it perfect? Nope. Never said it was. If I want a murderous rampage, thats what I have Battlefield2 forimage

I don't believe I "told you" to try anything, again I was directing my post at the OP.image I for one was sorry to hear AC2 would be closing. If the Devs could have only managed to pull it all together and flesh out the game I think it could have been great. AC1 would still be a strong game if Turbine had not put it on the back burner in favor of developing MORE fantasy MMORPGs.

I apologize for attacking AC PvP, I did not intend to attack AC, rather I was aiming at the OP. (my aim was a bit off lol)

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

I don't get it, I like AC2's PVP.

And I agree, testicles make men, not putting PvP in a game doesn't not make them men, having their testicles extracted might make them not men, but let us not go there.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
    :)