Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More pay to win trash

SindorinSindorin Member Posts: 17

People say the game isn't Pay-To-Win seeing as technically everything in the game is achievable through kills/objectives and earning certs through gameplay even as a freeper. However if you look at the rate you get certs, and the costs of items, virtually all of it is impossible to attain without hundreds and hundreds of hours of grinding just to get a few decent items. Just to ensure that recoil, aiming and accuracy is improved to a REALISTIC level, and not a deliberate method to force people to pay for scopes and ACOG like devices, you have to grind for dozens of hours or longer.

Yes, it is pay to win, because in order to get around that, you have to pay to become a premium member or otherwise buy the items outright. Without these items, the game is horrible. It's just more of the same grinding trash.

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Sindorin

People say the game isn't Pay-To-Win seeing as technically everything in the game is achievable through kills/objectives and earning certs through gameplay even as a freeper. However if you look at the rate you get certs, and the costs of items, virtually all of it is impossible to attain without hundreds and hundreds of hours of grinding just to get a few decent items. Just to ensure that recoil, aiming and accuracy is improved to a REALISTIC level, and not a deliberate method to force people to pay for scopes and ACOG like devices, you have to grind for dozens of hours or longer.

Yes, it is pay to win, because in order to get around that, you have to pay to become a premium member or otherwise buy the items outright. Without these items, the game is horrible. It's just more of the same grinding trash.

I think cret gain is fine, I can make around 200 every 2 hoursish. I never had issues killing people with the weapons you start off with though. Also, the company can't just cater to people who wants to play the game and not pay for anything. They need money to pay their staff and such. You might just need to get better at killing people :)

By the way, didn't you create a similar thread on the planetside 2 forums?

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    if you shoot them in the head nothing they bought matters.  they also lose.  and you win.  for free.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

It's not p2w.. you can win without ever paying.

It is pay to have a lot more fun and a lot more ways to play at lot faster though. They gotta make their money.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Oh no a game that takes longer than a week to max out. Seriously?
  • ReeperReeper Member UncommonPosts: 121

Alll weapons are available for those who dont pay, those who pay may get them faster, only thing ive seen so far for Pay only is Camo sets and extra displays on your vehicle.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Not P2W but costs of guns are outrageous. $7-$10 dollares for a single weapon, 3-8$ for gear is high. And the certs needed to unlock one weapons is 1k without a boost or sub it will take you some time. But not P2W, heavy lmg is bad ass and mows enemies down. Just cert for a better site and upgrade your armor, etc....Sniper rifle you start with is decent as well.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

In all honesty the F2P concept for PS2 is pretty much a limited experience. Like all games, you get nothing for free and the game is designed to get you playing, then spending in that order.

Stop thinking of PS2 as F2P, think of the F2P as an enticement, a restrictive but unlimited free trial. It's just a modern take on the old cannon-fodder system.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• jelliuzjelliuz Member UncommonPosts: 97

This is absolute garbage.

The rate at which people are getting xp and certs is too high in my opinion. Yes TOO HIGH. 

People like buzzcut earn 200 certs per hour, thats by being one hell of a mean motherfucker. 

At that rate, you can unlock all you want on a class in 1 week. 

If that is too long in your opinion , I'd suggest you go back in time and try everquest 1 , after multiple weeks , if you were lucky you could obtain 1 damn piece of armor. 

You know what, if you grabbed that piece of equipment, you felt happy, DAMN, THIS IS THE BEST ARMOR EVER, I SPENT GODDAMN HOURS ON IT.

Sadly, today, everybody has gotten used to the kid treatment blizzard is giving to people in world of warcraft. 2 Weeks, full epic armor, move on, 1 non stop threadmill, never ending. 

Seriously, garbage.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Seeing as there have been MANY articles written about how some of the BASE weapons have some of the best TTK #s your entire statement is based on fallacy.

Oh, and since you don't actually BUY creds but EARN creds through killing fools to buy scopes and other gun accessories, your posts is just filled to the brim with Bull@#&$.

And seeing as there are a ton of people on here that have called you out, I desperately wish the Mod's would hit you for a Troll warning as such an obvious post is just that.

P.S.  People need to stop being freakin cheapskaes.  You get what you pay for.  NOTHING is Free and people seem to need a kick in the head to remember that fact.

NO ONE WORKS FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I seem to be doing fine killing AND having fun without having paid one cent yet.  /shrug...      I guess milage will vary.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Im playng and having a blast.  No money payed.  Hell you download for free, play for free its fun

/shrug

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Ok, I see where your problem is.

You think that you only can gain cert points by killing people.  This is why you don't gain them very fast.

I earn cert points fairly quick, but not merely by killing people.  Let me break down a small list for you.

A:  Healing/ressurecting.  This can be major EXP and cert points.  Try throwing on the medic class when big infintry fights break out.  Heal any and everyone you can and ressurect any and everyone.  You will get some excillent exp.

B: Repairing.  Everyone likes to drive vehicals, but not everyone likes to repair them.  I get lots of exp from repairing vehicals.  That sunderer you are spawning from is at half life?  Well, throw on the engineer class real quick and repair it for an easy 10-100 exp.  If it keeps getting hit while you repair it?...Well, keep repairing it and getting that exp!!!

C: Base capturing.  You don't have to stick with the zerg to capture things.  If there is a hex near your hex that has a small base, go capture it!  This can get you around 500 exp and you actually could do it solo (granted you will wait that long and fight off all the random enemies that come by.)

D: Resupply with the engineer.  Throw down an ammo dispenser as an engineer near a fighting group, you will see how much exp you rack up as your teammates happily get more ammo as they shoot at enemies.

E:  Kill people.  This one is very stright forward.

F: "Call out" people.  The Q button can be your friend.  When you "call out" an enemy and they die, you will sometimes get exp.  Why not simply just press Q and hope for the best?  It also will help you by painting your target slightly so you may then  also get (E) kill people.

G:  G is a secret because enough people get experience from doing it already and I don't want any more competition...Just kidding, I won't be selfish.  Spend 30 cert points and get the mobile AMS certification for the Sunderer.  You need to be clever in your AMS placing to get people to spawn from it.  Everytime someone spawns from your AMS(sunderer), you get exp.  Sit back and let the exp rain upon you.  (But if you resort to shady tactics and blow up your own AMS in order to place your AMS in that spot, then that is very very low and you will be reprimanded eventually for this.)  Also..remember to equip the certification when you unlock it...and to deploy your AMS you press (B)...but your AMS(sunderer) cannot be deployed within a certain distance of another deployed sunder.

-----------------------------------------

So there you have it.  I gave you some ways of gaining exp WITHOUT killing anyone.  As a matter of fact, you can't PAY2WIN with most of these ways of gaining experience...I love the game, I loved planetside 1, however I do agree with the OP of weapons costing way to much certification points and even station cash. But such is life and we just deal with it!  Be happy they give you trials of weapons so you can test them out.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's pay to advance faster

Which is fair enough, people supporting the game should xp faster than free loaders.

I consider it less pay 2 win than gw2. Because planetside 2 doesn't have gold sinks for buying seige equipment and repairs where you either have to do boring pve or buy and sell gems to pay for it.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Just find and follow the zerg :) Base capture after base capture will net you some good certs. And since the gamers forgot how to work as a team, just follow those idiots around as a medic and you will get mad certs. I think i rezed the same guy like 30 times last night and he still didnt learn his lesson on not rushing into a MAX head on lol.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Don't worry, I've seen Battle Rank 1 playerss with basic gear slaughtering people left and right with basic weapons. They didn't have to pay SOE a dime to be awesome. Instead they just paid for an aimbot, cause it's much cheaper.

Lawl. Good one.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

No, .

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Planetside 2 is not pay to win, Im sick of saying it. Stop crying and learn to aim.

It doesn't take long to unlock a weapon at all.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231
    lmao I have no problem earning 100 to 150 certs a day not subbed. You even gain certs passivly when your logged off. It also seems to me the higher battle rank you are the faster you earn them, but that could be just im getting better at the game.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Not P2W but costs of guns are outrageous. $7-$10 dollares for a single weapon, 3-8$ for gear is high. And the certs needed to unlock one weapons is 1k without a boost or sub it will take you some time. But not P2W, heavy lmg is bad ass and mows enemies down. Just cert for a better site and upgrade your armor, etc....Sniper rifle you start with is decent as well.

Is it really so outrageous that a game company tries to...i dunno...pay the people who made the game ect?

Spend $10 for that gun, you wont need to spend any more, thats spending $10 for a game...quite a good deal imo.

Or just go the deadbeat gamer route and dont buy anything, you wont look as interesting, not that it matters.

Realistically you need to spend at least 30 certs (a few bases flipped) on a better scope for the standard gun.  Then save up for a better gun with better upgrades, should take a week, after that its all upgrades and stuff you dont need but comes in handy to have, like two tank turrets one for infantry and one for armor...or a better rocket launcher that locks on to targets.  Not vital but makes stuff easier.

You want outrageous.  Check out APB (all Points Bulletin) its on this site.  They let you rent a gun for a month for like $30 or buy it permanant for $60.  $7-$10 on a permanant gun in PL2  fine.  Hell catch it on sale or during a double station cash event and get it for less.

Stop being gamer deadbeats.  Support the game you play.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

No.

/thread

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Stop being gamer deadbeats.  Support the game you play.

This, if the game sucks stop playing and move on, if not, toss in few dollars. These broke ass bums seem to think that someone creates a game over a few years which costs millions to make and then just gives everything out for free without even trying to make a dime. Without even trying to make a dime.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

I have a monthly sub going for the increased exp rate and the 500 station cash a month. Really can't argue with it, it's only going to get better as the months roll on as well, with my bonuses increasing. I am making certs at a comfortable rate, quite happy with how it's going.

This is how a free-to-play model should be.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

the Op has clearly no clue what hes talking about. pay-to-win is NOT that you can get all weapons and items way faster with paying.. pay-to-win is that you get an advantage with it.

Planetside 2, buying items and weapons gives NO real advantages. All weapons and stuff all got the same amount of parameters,

only thing different is where the focus is on (dmg, reloadspeed,subtility,shootspeed,explosions etc.) so this is not pay-to-win ... this is pay-to-get-your-personal-preference-before-people-without-money-do-even-though-everyone-will-still-be-able-to-kill-you-as-easy.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

pay2win? you sure never played any p2w game dude... that's nowhere close to P2W, we must play different game, i spent 0$ in PS2 and yet with using just cert points im in TOP 20 on our server, just playing medic and engineer bought few rifles with cert points + scope + smoke screen, some armor and utility upgrade and still i can take down one squad alone nearly, its not only about some uber 1hitKO weapon, if you cant aim, hide, use environment and work in team ... not even best weapon will help you...

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

as ppl stated... learn what is p2w.

i always give ppl the same example, go play PWI....

thats is p2w. when you want to get your weapon +1,+2+3 etc (level 70 +weapons) you have to buy a stone from the CS, no other way, and without reforging your weapon you will be useless.

thats p2w. i can go on how they make you buy more stones once you want to add + to your weapon, making the hcance for the upgrade tp downgrade with the process, and making you buy a 2nd sotne to make sure the upgrade will not fail.

i can also tell you about the fact that every time you want to upgrade you need more stones (i.e 1,2,4,8 etc).

i mean just go play PWI for a month or two then come back and we can sit and talk about what is a P2W game and what is the F2P with the sub and CS. 

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.