Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] What game would you play if all MMORPGs were free to play?

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I voted WoW, but let me explain... that means anything prior to Cata.  I know about private servers, but if I could have a server based on Wotlk or BC from Blizzard themselves, I'd be interested in WoW again.  Funny how that works, seeing as none of it is new content... I just think the actual new content is embarrassing.

MoP is a good expansion. They need to erase Cataclysm from the records and a large amount of WotLK. 

I started a Pandaren Monk on MoPs launch and struggled all the way through up until MoP. MoP was very fun if you can put up with cutsie rodents and way to many bug mobs to fight in the last area. I was pleasently suprised and it had a bit of a Vanilla feel to it, probably due to not being able to fly and forcing me to see everything.

Back to the Poll question. I think currently I would go back to Rift, especially since its so large now, and they continously seem to add content and listen to the players.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Not enough options I play eq2, period end of story. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Eve Online, already main game in P2P,  i'd hate to see it go F2P tbh as i think it would ruin the game, not that theres any chance of the game going f2p. image
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Probably stick to Mortal Online.  Most of the ones on the list are basically the same.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Probably WoW for the nostalgia value.  Go back and run some of the old stomping grounds, at least what's left of them.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    DaoC and Rift
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    WAR
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    WoW would be my first choice, especially if all expansions are included.....Eve would be my second choice even though I have never got to try it.
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     Money is not an issue, I can afford 15 dollars a month if I want too.  Problem is that I have not been attached to a game really in about 10 years.  I have played a bunch too.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I voted WoW, but let me explain... that means anything prior to Cata.  I know about private servers, but if I could have a server based on Wotlk or BC from Blizzard themselves, I'd be interested in WoW again.  Funny how that works, seeing as none of it is new content... I just think the actual new content is embarrassing.

MoP is a good expansion. They need to erase Cataclysm from the records and a large amount of WotLK. 

I started a Pandaren Monk on MoPs launch and struggled all the way through up until MoP. MoP was very fun if you can put up with cutsie rodents and way to many bug mobs to fight in the last area. I was pleasently suprised and it had a bit of a Vanilla feel to it, probably due to not being able to fly and forcing me to see everything.

Hmm.  Well seeing as I respect your opinion on things, maybe things aren't as dire as I thought... Cata just gave a lot of people a bad taste in their mouths.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by killion81

Lets pretend that all MMORPGs on the market are completely free to play going forward.  No box price, no subscription fees, no cash shop, no advertisements... no monetization period.  What MMORPG would you play as your main game?  For the purpose of this poll, main game means the one in which you spend the most time playing on weekly basis.  I'm simply curious what game people on this site feel would entertain them the most if money was not a consideration.

Since there are only 10 options in a poll, I tried to include the most popular games (according to this site).  If you select 'Other', please feel free to include your game choice in a reply to the thread.

Darkfall.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    do you mean Free to Pay or Free to Play.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

EQ1 was my favorite MMO as it was my first MMO.

It was too difficult to go back and stay as I was once #1 on my server for my class Hp/Ac wise.  It was too difficult to see one piece of gear offer nearly the HP all my gear and level achieved.

I intend to play DF:UW for a good bit of time.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    WOW is the one most deserving of being played.
  • UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52

Hi,

I have played most of the games on this list already.  I an not interested in being a Panda and Eve Online is just too slow for me.  Rift was awesome though.  I would go back to that if it was FTP.  SWTOR is just too scripted and instanced for me.  

Currently playing GW2 so...

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Lotro would be my choice but it is already Free to Play, so my next choice is SWTOR. I am playing it now and reached level 11. Still early on but so far I have found it enjoyable.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Since last mmorpg I really played was Lotro then I would propably still play it.    I don't play it anymore because for me cash shop, changes that came with it and to lesser degree overall changes destoyed this game for me/
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Well I polled Rift because I currently pay for that, so of course I'd play it for free. I'd also play TSW, WoW and TERA every now and then.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    SWG ;)
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    How about none of the above.I had my fun in most of the games listed and have no desire to go back.Unlike many others here I can move on.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

What a weird question to ask.

I have 2 active EVE accounts................guess which game I would play if it was free.

Maybe asking "what's your favourite MMO?" was a bit too plain?

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

I voted other, but the funny thing is that I am missing this option: none.

Sadly, there is not a single MMO out there at the moment that I consider worth my time, free to play or not. The interesting ones, I am done with, and the uninteresting ones... well, are not interesting.

I have been looking for something new worth my time for really long now, and I keep getting disappointed. And the old ones... well I have already played the ones I liked to death, or they have changed in a way I don't like.

Edit: I welcome suggestions. You never know.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Where is the "none" option?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by ste2000

What a weird question to ask.

I have 2 active EVE accounts................guess which game I would play if it was free.

Maybe asking "what's your favourite MMO?" was a bit too plain?

Eve is free if you play right.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

Probably none.  I don't care if its' f2p or p2p I just care if it's fun.

I've played most of those games and left, making them f2p would not change why I left them.  They just ceased to entertain me.  The ones I didn't just didn't have anything to interest me. 

This is pretty much my feeling.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo