Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Steam Greenlight Program a Success

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After a scant two days in Steam's Greenlight program, Darkfall: Unholy Wars developer, Aventurine Studios, has announced that the program is a success and the project is now "Greenlit".

Now this is truly Epic! Thank you everyone for getting Darkfall Unholy Wars Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days!!

Check out the Darkfall: Unholy Wars Greenlight page for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    You're welcome ;-)
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    gj guys! Steam needs it and also we need it on Steam :)
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    That was very fast, just two days and Valve/Steam already looked at it because of the high number of people voting for it. Let's hope the contract side of things goes this fast and smooth as well.
  • KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Excellent work guys, and this my friends is just one reason why the Darkfall community is simply the best MMO community out there.
  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    This is great exposure for the game. We have some of the most loyal fans. Lets hope launch is epic! And we get the primalist roles soon lol.
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    looks kinda cool, I will have to check it out on release.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Schweeet!
  • DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182
    We did it, nice work everyone!
  • DukeDuDukeDu Member Posts: 73
    Let's hope it really does release for Steam
  • KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Really, in just two days!? I thought it was hard to get a game through the Greenlight Program and I was about to ask some of my friend to vote for it.....Anyway, great sucess and good job everyone! :)
  • D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Cannot wait to buy and play this. I am absolutely DYING to get a real sandbox fix. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    What is Steam's greenlight program?  
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    What is Steam's greenlight program?  

it gives lesser known games a chance to get on steam.  if people show enough support they will deem it worthy of their time and resources to offer it on Steam.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    glad to hear it, being on steam will only help get more people to try the game.  Hopefully the new game come closer to what people want than the previous incarnation did.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Does this mean we have to have steam to play the game now? Or is it just going to be for sale on steam?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Kanyl
    Really, in just two days!? I thought it was hard to get a game through the Greenlight Program and I was about to ask some of my friend to vote for it.....Anyway, great sucess and good job everyone! :)

I'm surprised this all went down so quickly, as well. Also, there's more than a few posters on this site that have told me over and over that there simply is not a large group of people interested in this type of game. Funny how fast DF:UW got voted in. Funny how successful EVE has been and for so long. Funny how much of a hit DayZ has been (not an MMO, but a game with OWPVP with a brutal death penalty). Perhaps a lot of folks on this site know much less than they think do about what gamers will go for when options become available. It's not easy to read people's tastes when all we see is an ocean of games that all follow the familiar formula of development that was old many years ago. We shall see what the future holds ;)

Anywho, great news, and very encouraging.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Does this mean we have to have steam to play the game now? Or is it just going to be for sale on steam?

Don't think you will have to have Steam, I know some other Greenlight games are released elsewhere as well as on Steam, but if they were smart, they would take advantage of every facet of Steam that they can, including Steam authentication and DRM.

I know some people, for whatever reason, are resistant to Steam, but honestly, it is an awesome utility...it has a HUGE community of people to play these games with (not that DF needs the community/srvers being a MMO, but the more people exposed the better), it keeps that HUGE number of PC gamers connected via friends lists and Steam groups, not to mention all the awesome games and even better sales that are featured exclusively on Steam.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    this and perpetuum got greenlit on steam.  good month for sandboxers :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by teddyboy420

Don't think you will have to have Steam, I know some other Greenlight games are released elsewhere as well as on Steam, but if they were smart, they would take advantage of every facet of Steam that they can, including Steam authentication and DRM.

I know some people, for whatever reason, are resistant to Steam, but honestly, it is an awesome utility...it has a HUGE community of people to play these games with (not that DF needs the community/srvers being a MMO, but the more people exposed the better), it keeps that HUGE number of PC gamers connected via friends lists and Steam groups, not to mention all the awesome games and even better sales that are featured exclusively on Steam.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm one of those you speak of, if I have to have steam to play, I just won't. I'm all for publicity for the game and ways of getting it out there for more to be aware of it. I just don't like Steam.

Dark Age of Camelot

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Most good indie games make themselves exclusive to Steam for the authentication and DRM features.. It is not perfect but it prevents the "slow jo" from very easily being able to pirate certain titles..

Most of the people I have run into that really "hate" Steam (especially during my days on Black Ops 2) are people with VAC bans on record..

Just saying..

• CocophishCocophish Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by teddyboy420

Thanks for the reply.

I'm one of those you speak of, if I have to have steam to play, I just won't. I'm all for publicity for the game and ways of getting it out there for more to be aware of it. I just don't like Steam.

I am 100% certain you will not need steam to play. Its just another way for Aventurine to promote and sell Darkfall. You can always goto the darkfall site and get an acount from there. Pre orders should be up next week acording to Tasos in todays interview.

Originally posted by Cocophish

I am 100% certain you will not need steam to play. Its just another way for Aventurine to promote and sell Darkfall. You can always goto the darkfall site and get an acount from there. Pre orders should be up next week acording to Tasos in todays interview.

Aye, I'll buy directly from Adventurine once pre-orders are up.

Dark Age of Camelot

• DroganicusDroganicus Member Posts: 17
    Fantastic news AV!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am glad it made it but in reality,if it did not that would not look good as tons of really crap games reside on Steam.

Al lthis really does if give them CHANCE at selling more copies.What it really comes down to is the GAME,it needs to be solid to RETAIN players.This makes it fun for all that like PVP.This game will not fly if it thinks pvp is all that makes a ROLE PLAYING game.

Flambouros needs to realize the game NEEDS systems,and varied oens at that not where every single mob acts the same and takes the same damage based only on weapon.

Personally i would like to see the game flourish but my gut tells me,the game will be the same old with just better graphics.My gut tells me it will start off decent but fade back to reality very quickly.

PVP needs a TON of pre thought.What developers NEVER understand si that not everyone can be part of a ZERGFEST with 500 players on their side,ensuring easy victory.They NEED to create a pvp that enables EVERYONE to have fun ,no matter how many on your side.Eve might flourish with it's NAtional pride and Zergs or time=reward/skills but imo ,that type of design will never fly anywhere else,all the people that like that type of game are already in Eve.

HEY ! there is a really bright side to this game,They are not restarting under the title of Darkfall "Z"  :P

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.