Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one that has a problem with this?

ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

My outfit plays NC which has a terrible recoil on their guns in exchange for more damage( or so I've been told). However I switch over to TR last night just to play a new faction for a minute and they have like almost zero recoil but for less damage. The problem resides in... Literally like zero recoil and on a little bit less damage.

I should not be able to have almost complete control of the recoil on TR's heavy gunner and still kill people almost as fast as I do on NC lol.

Comments

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Oh well get a grip... Seriously,  100 certs and improves (lessens) your recoil. I too hate that the best Vanu combat medic rifle runs on bullets, But what can you do....
  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Me and my guys are all playing NC as well.   It's currently the underdog team regardless of server.   The official forums are blazing with threads every day that the NC need some serious love because of the problems you mentioned.    One of the devs apparently admitted in a recent interview that the NC as a whole are currently underpowered, so I would imagine some sort of balance coming to even the playing field for us.   That being said, I still do quite well, but there are some moments when I lose a gun fight at close range that make me wonder if the bullets are coming out of the side of my gun instead of the front.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The cheesey 80s rock music put me off nc.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    If it bothers you that much you can always join VS image
  • AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Zecktorin

My outfit plays NC which has a terrible recoil on their guns in exchange for more damage( or so I've been told). However I switch over to TR last night just to play a new faction for a minute and they have like almost zero recoil but for less damage. The problem resides in... Literally like zero recoil and on a little bit less damage.

I should not be able to have almost complete control of the recoil on TR's heavy gunner and still kill people almost as fast as I do on NC lol.

I go back and forth with all 3 factions and my highest BR character atm is NC.  I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about really.  Imo, starting out, NC have the best Infiltrator weapon in the game, their pistols are very good if you know how to hit a target, and their Medic/Engi weapons are also pretty decent.  Where I think the NC really sucks hard is the default Heavy weapon.  If I were to compare the factions that'd be the only area I think they really got the shaft, as the other factions default HA weapons are simply better.  Otherwise, I don't see the problem. 

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Saio3
    Oh well get a grip... Seriously,  100 certs and improves (lessens) your recoil. I too hate that the best Vanu combat medic rifle runs on bullets, But what can you do....

I did get a grip lol. I just think TR should have a little more recoil than they do is all. Other than that I have no problem at all.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea when playing NC you basically 'have' to get a compensator and a forward grip to get the accuracy of the other factions. TR tends to be most powerful because of their high RoF and clip size. Combine soft-point rounds and they can chew through enemies at close range. Vanu (which I primarily play) is somewhere in the middle. 'Very' good accuracy (even more so with a compensator and forward grip), middle ground damage. Only their damage drops off at range (because their 'bullets' don't drop down with distance) so their snipers do the least damage without some hefty cert upgrades, however their bullets are extremely fast so their accuracy is unmatched.

I tend to play Vanu LA, though I have chars on all three factions. Survivability of the LA is pretty low (lowest health in the game), so I can spend an hour and get a handful of deaths but dye two dozen times. But in the right situation they shine and I can kill dozens of players in minutes. So it's a trade off. Also the only class without an 'f' ability and one of the 'core' parts of the class, C4, costs 700 certs for two blocks. So it needs a bit of love.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Zecktorin
    Originally posted by Saio3

I did get a grip lol. I just think TR should have a little more recoil than they do is all. Other than that I have no problem at all.

I play TR exclusively (heavy assault) and it usually takes half a magazine to kill someone.  It takes time to pump all those rounds into someone, usually a losing battle against NC ( vs the same class) when they can kill me with a short burst.

• Nsein1Nsein1 Member Posts: 20
    After trying all the faction classes, I found the only acceptable way to play an NC is to play an infiltrator and headshot everything, otherwise you will be killed by your target with any class/combination unless your target stinks on ice... now only if they would allow me to headshot max's
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

My personal experience is that the NC weapons need to be controlled like wild animals, but are effective in the right situations. The basic NC Carbine is an effective killer at up to around 60 meters if you use a forward grip + any scope and are good at keeping the head in the reticle. I also use the suppressor on most of the NC weapons because it seems to reduce the amount of ruckuss going on and allows me to focus on countering recoil.

While I recognize that many will not want differences between the empire's weapons, and may go to what they perceive to be the easier faction, but I don't want them to just be skins.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• InvalidStringInvalidString Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by ignore_me

My personal experience is that the NC weapons need to be controlled like wild animals...

Appropriate - the NC *ARE* the hillbillys of Planetside ...

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

NC are underpowered because at the moment, hordes of mindless peons zerg the game from point A to point B always going full auto.

The moment tactical approaches gain momentum (the moment the hypecrowd leaves the place) will be the moment NC will gain strength.

M