Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when do we start voting for the mmo awards?

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

This is going to be an interesting year. We saw gw2, tera, tsw, rift and wow expansions, ps2 and some other mmos i am probably forgetting right now. I think the voting is going to be all over the place. Last year was boring. Swtor vs gw2all the time. So glad that fad has died down.

When do we get to see the nominees and categories? Im ready!

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

We can't have an MMO award because people think 10 player games are MMO's. If a game that has a server that hosts a thousand games at once, each with 10 players in it can be conisidered an MMO, then that means Street Fighter is also an MMO. And LoL, Dota, Counterstrike, Quake, Battlefield, COD and more. With that said, probably best to wait until people appreciate what the word "massive" means, and also understand that "multiplayer" means people playing in the same game at the same time. Otherwise, single player games are also MMO's if they have an online component.

If we were to have a vote you'd get 4-player co-op games probably at the top of the charts as actual MMO's aren't doing so hot. Unless of course whomever ran the award show/site/whatever didn't allow non MMO's to be voted upon.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Hm. Ok. Well regardless of what you think an mmo is or isnt, this site still lets us vote every year for our favorites in different categories. I was hoping to find out when and im looking forward to seeing the results.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Hm. Ok. Well regardless of what you think an mmo is or isnt, this site still lets us vote every year for our favorites in different categories. I was hoping to find out when and im looking forward to seeing the results.

It's not about what I think an MMO is or isn't, its about what an MMO is. The developers have no issues classifying an MMO. Its the players. And if there is a vote, it will be pure BS if any non MMO games are included. Just my opinion. 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by Foomerang Hm. Ok. Well regardless of what you think an mmo is or isnt, this site still lets us vote every year for our favorites in different categories. I was hoping to find out when and im looking forward to seeing the results.
    It's not about what I think an MMO is or isn't, its about what an MMO is. The developers have no issues classifying an MMO. Its the players. And if there is a vote, it will be pure BS if any non MMO games are included. Just my opinion. 

ok
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by madazz

Originally posted by Foomerang Hm. Ok. Well regardless of what you think an mmo is or isnt, this site still lets us vote every year for our favorites in different categories. I was hoping to find out when and im looking forward to seeing the results.
    ok

Best response ever. :-)

Optional PvP = No PvP