Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall - Beta - All excited but then --- sigh...

tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

I know it's Beta, blah blah blah, but really.  I have Windows 7, run just about every MMO and single games under the sun and what happens when I attempt to play Firefall, crashes my pc at the logon screen.  At the logon screen!!!  I mean, really???  Did they test this thing at all?

So I uninstall and install again.  Same proglem.  Video drivers updated.  Same problem.  go back to an older version of the Nvidia driver, same problem.

Boot my pc with minimal programs running in memory, even disabled antivirus, same problem.

When you can't even logon to a game using Windows - 7 in almost safe mode, then that tells me a lot about the game.

Uninstalled.  Bye bye.  Nice knowing you.  Call me when the game runs.

Comments

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746
    It's a stess test this weekend. It's supposed to crash and have problems. That's why they doing it, to weed out the problems.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Maybe you should go on the official forums and see if other people are having the same problem. If there is then you should check to see if there might be a solution. If there isn't then maybe the problem is on your end and you should ask around to see if anybody can figure out what the problem is.

I was in the beta several months ago and I never had a problem like that and I don't remember hearing about a bunch of people having a similar problem.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746
    I think its just because alot of people are playing it atm because of the stress test and it is causing the client some issues. Try again later or tommorrow maybe and it should be better.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I was a prison guard a few years ago, quite afew and there was a guy who wanted a sex change and took the state to court and finally won and got his sex change. He was in for life and afew months later he sued the state becaues he had lost his sex drive. Case still pendiing i think. Some time you just can't please someone.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

I was a prison guard a few years ago, quite afew and there was a guy who wanted a sex change and took the state to court and finally won and got his sex change. He was in for life and afew months later he sued the state becaues he had lost his sex drive. Case still pendiing i think. Some time you just can't please someone.

Well, I did lose my sex drive, they owe me compenstation damn it!!!  

Anyway, I changed my settings from Full Screen to Window Borderless and got it.   Posted it as a bug.