Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow i just noticed GW2 fell to 2nd place in hype

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

That really shocked me to see, how long was GW 2 at the top of the hype? Seemed like years.

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Dzone

That really shocked me to see, how long was GW 2 at the top of the hype? Seemed like years.

Actually it was SWTOR first, than TSW, then GW2 - and it wasn't years. Now it is Archage, Darkfall, etc.

People on this site seem more susceptible to rumor and innuendo than anything else. Just looked at trend and GW2 is still number one as far as discussion.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

While it is good I don't think they've put enough out content for everyone. At the moment I enjoy the fractals but am waiting desperately for people to be able to rejoin party members are crashes.

I think once Anet has learned enough from their monthly events they will start releaseing better more accessable and less buggy content.

I'm willing to say that over the years once or if it builds up enough content it will be back on top. That is if nothing awesome comes out XD

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

What do you mean second place in hype?

I see 1st place in released games score and 1st place in forum hits.

Although there is less traffic about GW2 now then a few weeks ago.

And how can it be hype if GW2 is released?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Well, one thing should be clear by now  - it was not the second coming like predicted.

At least the GW2 spamming in every game forum in existence is now over.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by byson123
    [mod edit]

cheating? If you would have some insight to the game and be one of those who played it afor some time you would understand why it's sequel is rated top.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    GW2 dint fall, A-NET and its new master NEXOM chopped it down.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Is my browser playing funny tricks on me?

Cause what I see is:

Guild Wars 2 8.84

Darkfall: Unholy Wars 8.55

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• cowheadcowhead Member UncommonPosts: 94

GW 2 is the top released game.

DF:UW is the top  under development game.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by FromHell

Well, one thing should be clear by now  - it was not the second coming like predicted.

At least the GW2 spamming in every game forum in existence is now over.

LOL well in the defense of those who cough supported the game, we .. uh erm them, I mean were probably just hoping it was the great White Yeti.   I had similar feelings when DF was coming out, there is a noticelable lack of good pvp out there, we get a bit jumpy sometimes.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by botrytis

Actually it was SWTOR first, than TSW, then GW2 - and it wasn't years. Now it is Archage, Darkfall, etc.

That's how you rememeber it?  Really?

I'm ashamed of how well I've kept track of all this nonsense, but I've been coming to this site for way too long.  GW2 has been at the top for a crazy long time.  Just above Archeage.  TOR only came close briefly, and TSW never really came that close.  I think TSW's post-release ratings are higher than its hype ever was.

GW2 was, by a clear margin, the most hyped MMO of the past few years.  Of course it'll start to slip, now that its been out a while..

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    hype is just a state of mind.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by botrytis

People on this site seem more susceptible to rumor and innuendo than anything else. Just looked at trend and GW2 is still number one as far as discussion.

Yeah, those "I'm leaving" threads can really push up the activity count.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 485

Wizardry Online is going to mess the ratings up, shortly.

I was watching my friend playing it the other day; I've been an MMO cynic for a while now, but Wizardry is actually looking like a damn good game. I fear that it may return me to the days where I played games all day, every day, without pause.

My only recourse is to make sure I'm rich enough to do that once I start playing it ;D