Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Star Wars: The Old Republic: Ancient Hypergate Warzone Preview

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We've got a sneak peek at Star Wars: The Old Republic's Ancient Hypergate warzone, which is scheduled to go live with Game Update 1.6! Read on to learn all about it.

The Ancient Hypergate is a Gree hypergate complex on the planet of Seline. Basically, both The Empire and The Republic are looking to secure the technology for themselves and controlling the area depends on keeping their respective faction's gate powered up so additional reinforcements can come through. In order to accomplish this, players have to control a set of energy pylons found on the map that discharge energy into the gate of the faction controlling them.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Star Wars: The Old Republic: Ancient Hypergate Warzone Preview.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

From F2p to sub in 3 days.

Yes, I do believe I have found a replacement for Conan. First game with any depth and opportunity to form a powerfull char.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    will try it out, sounds fun
  • velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Everybody says that the F2P option is terrible, but truly it's not that bad.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    The F2P has a few headscratchers in it, but if you don't want those restrictions while you play, creak open that dusty wallet and pay for it. The same people crying about F2P are the same ones that don't pay for music and movies. The world owes you nothing! :)

Joined - July 2004

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So far from most of the people that do whine about SWToRs P2P cant or dont quantifiy it.

It basically amounts to them whining the game is not free, not so much because its F2P.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by remyburke
    The F2P has a few headscratchers in it, but if you don't want those restrictions while you play, creak open that dusty wallet and pay for it. The same people crying about F2P are the same ones that don't pay for music and movies. The world owes you nothing! :)

Wow.  What an over-generalization!  Some of the complaints are legitimate and should be heard if the game is to go forward.  I played the game for 4 months after release.  I enjoyed it, but got bored.  I was looking forward to the F2P option, but some of the items they charge for are a bit asinine.  I don't mind paying for extra bag space, character slots, and bank space.  That is expected.  It's when they charge for UI items or hide helm, that's when I call foul. 

I guess they realized most of the in-game helms were hideous and thought they could get some quick cash from that.  *shrugs* 

• VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50

I got my scoundrel to 50 at launch then quit. I just tried it out again just now...visited a few cantinas, nobody there except for people running through to get to their instance, it felt very anti-social and I remembered why I left. I didn't want to run dailys or PvP or whatever people think I'm supposed to do once I hit 50, I just wanted to go into a cantina, socialize with other players, and gamble some of my credits away over a game of Pazaak....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Vernam

I got my scoundrel to 50 at launch then quit. I just tried it out again just now...visited a few cantinas, nobody there except for people running through to get to their instance, it felt very anti-social and I remembered why I left. I didn't want to run dailys or PvP or whatever people think I'm supposed to do once I hit 50, I just wanted to go into a cantina, socialize with other players, and gamble some of my credits away over a game of Pazaak....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

What time of day where you playing?  Since free 2 play hit I have been on at all hours.  During primetime the empiral fleet is overflowing with people every day.  There are some places that remain empty.  I was on Ord last night after making a smuggler and it showed 5 other people online.  However, that seems to be the exception.  Every other time I have been on reguardless of the area there have been 100-200 people in that zone.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    I am definitely looking forward to a new warzone.
  • erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306
    Game will bore you out your mind in no time. BioWare truley dropped the ball on this one.
  • erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306
    F2P is nothing. In the long run you'll either pay or you'll lag way behind other players. People who think it's actually free, don't know a thing about how the system works and this is true on all free to play games.
  • ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by junzo316
    Originally posted by remyburke

Wow.  What an over-generalization!  Some of the complaints are legitimate and should be heard if the game is to go forward.  I played the game for 4 months after release.  I enjoyed it, but got bored.  I was looking forward to the F2P option, but some of the items they charge for are a bit asinine.  I don't mind paying for extra bag space, character slots, and bank space.  That is expected.  It's when they charge for UI items or hide helm, that's when I call foul. 

I guess they realized most of the in-game helms were hideous and thought they could get some quick cash from that.  *shrugs* 

Hey your not informed at all in a upcoming update they wil be giving 4 ui bars and you can have up to 6 charater slots.

F2P has to have restrictions to be profitable and keep updates coming.

Common sense man EQ2 is a lot worst.

Ajax